ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

We gotta move
We gotta move
We gotta move, chile
We gotta move

More later...
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick interview Virgin radio tonight at 9 pm Return to archive
6th April 2008 12:19 PM
Gazza ROLLING STONES HOUR LONG SPECIAL

21.00 - 22.00 (British Summer Time)

Ben Jones will be chatting to Mick Jagger during a Rolling Stones hour long special, marking the release the of the Martin Scorcese-directed documentary 'Shine a Light'.

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/event/153

(Click the 'Listen Live' link at the top of the page to tune in)
6th April 2008 04:13 PM
Gazza On now.
6th April 2008 04:22 PM
The Wick Thanks for the reminder. Otherwise, I would have missed it.
6th April 2008 04:39 PM
fireontheplatter it's awesome...thanks for the heads up gazza.
6th April 2008 04:47 PM
Sioux Listening now.....lots of music, not as much interview so far. But I'm glad I logged on here at the right time! Thanks Gazza...
6th April 2008 04:53 PM
Gazza The interviewer asks Mick what his favourite Stones song is, and when Mick cant give an answer the guy mentions that he was listening to "Loving Cup" on the way over...

Mick : What album's that on?
Interviewer : "Exile On Main Street"
Mick (disbelievingly) : Is that on "Exile" ?

6th April 2008 04:57 PM
mrhipfl good to hear he's been writing, though.
Sioux Lol, I just heard that....I was hoping he'd answer.

And then he was asked "What's your favorite food?" "What TV show can't you miss?" Huh? What is this, Rave Magazine, 1965?? LOL
The Wick
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The interviewer asks Mick what his favourite Stones song is, and when Mick cant give an answer the guy mentions that he was listening to "Loving Cup" on the way over...

I know, when he said that, I was thinking stop being such a sad tosser and pretending you don't know it's on Exile. Whereas if you ask him about War Baby he could twat on for hours about everything that went into that sorry excuse for a song.
6th April 2008 04:58 PM
Gazza He confirmed that the DVD release of "Shine A Light" will contain extra songs and behind the scenes footage.

He's also spent a couple of weeks writing some new music, although not so much yet in the way of lyrics.
Sioux Sorry, my comment was made in reference to Gazza's comment about Mick's fave Stones song.
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The interviewer asks Mick what his favourite Stones song is, and when Mick cant give an answer the guy mentions that he was listening to "Loving Cup" on the way over...

Arghhhhhhhhhhh!
"Mick, you ignorant slut!"

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
6th April 2008 04:59 PM
open-g Good to hear about the bonus' and extras to be on the DVD.
thnx for the heads up
6th April 2008 05:00 PM
Sioux I was hoping to hear "Champagne and Reefer"....
6th April 2008 05:07 PM
open-g I tuned in when they were talking about private Mick and onstage behaviour - or slt

lol
"it would be strange if I jumped on a dinner table, pointing at people"

(or similar)

6th April 2008 05:09 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Sioux wrote:
I was hoping to hear "Champagne and Reefer"....

you'll just have to fork out a jackson, give or take a few bucks for the cd then...no biggie.

[laughs]
6th April 2008 06:57 PM
Sioux
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

you'll just have to fork out a jackson, give or take a few bucks for the cd then...no biggie.

[laughs]

Ha ha, yeah...I just thought I was going to hear it right then!
7th April 2008 01:41 AM
IanBillen
quote:
The Wick wrote:

I know, when he said that, I was thinking stop being such a sad tosser and pretending you don't know it's on Exile. Whereas if you ask him about War Baby he could twat on for hours about everything that went into that sorry excuse for a song.

LOL. I know. The dude doesn't miss a trick....and he can remember EVERYTHING about a concert or album (and a ton of other rolling stones related things that have happened over the years).

...But you know, he has to be Mick and down play classics in his own way and act kinda dis-interested in them so.... it is always this act.

Like in flashpoint he acted like he didn't know what album Factory Girl is from and had to have the bands historian tell the audience... lol just Mick playin the game is all.

Ian
7th April 2008 02:28 AM
The_Worst
quote:
Gazza wrote:
He confirmed that the DVD release of "Shine A Light" will contain extra songs and behind the scenes footage.

I'm willing to bet quite a bit that the bonus songs that will be on the DVD will be the other tunes on the soundtrack not featured in the movie itself-namely "Paint it, Black", "Little T & A", "I'm Free" & possibly "Shine a Light". BOOK IT!!!
7th April 2008 07:08 AM
speedfreakjive heard the version of Shine A Light, but not liking how Mick didn't bother to sing the end of the last verse - "Angels beating all their wings in time, smiles on their faces, and a gleam right in their eye.........." lazy
7th April 2008 10:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

LOL. I know. The dude doesn't miss a trick....and he can remember EVERYTHING about a concert or album (and a ton of other rolling stones related things that have happened over the years).

...But you know, he has to be Mick and down play classics in his own way and act kinda dis-interested in them so.... it is always this act.

Like in flashpoint he acted like he didn't know what album Factory Girl is from and had to have the bands historian tell the audience... lol just Mick playin the game is all.

Ian

I'm not so sure. He is genuinely quite clueless at times. Even Bill has mentioned this on several occasions.

This is a man, after all, who returned a multi-million pound advance for his life story to Faber & Faber in the mid 80s because he couldnt remember anything worth a damn.
7th April 2008 10:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

I'm willing to bet quite a bit that the bonus songs that will be on the DVD will be the other tunes on the soundtrack not featured in the movie itself-namely "Paint it, Black", "Little T & A", "I'm Free" & possibly "Shine a Light". BOOK IT!!!

Most certainly, as I think those songs basically make up the remainder of the songs that were played at the Beacon but which werent used in the film

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)