ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

We gotta move
We gotta move
We gotta move, chile
We gotta move

More later...
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: searching Return to archive
5th April 2008 11:08 AM
iluvmickjagger07 im writing my argument paper over why the stones are better than the beatles.. and i remember a thread on here where yall had some really good points.. but i cant find it.. ive been looking through the archives for a while.. we really need a search engine.. anyways i need help finding it! or we can all discuss again why the stones are better than beatles haha
5th April 2008 11:14 AM
akula 1) Wider array of musical genres: blues, rock, country, punk, disco, R&B etc.
5th April 2008 01:00 PM
andrews27 To be honest about it, if you have to do research beyond listening to the records and having read the best books, and still can't form an opinion, then maybe you're not up to writing this.

This is a college instructor talking. You should really be writing an argument paper on something more useful to your future career. Only a certain type of person can get something out of having fun with their assignments. The others hand me poorly written versions of topics of their personal interest, done without ambition. Use your ambitions to write on something new to you, and learn something.
[Edited by andrews27]
5th April 2008 01:15 PM
Bloozehound I wouldn't even write the paper for the faggy Beatles lovin teacher, I'd just cut class and smoke a fatty
5th April 2008 01:15 PM
fireontheplatter i don't think there is any real reason why...i think it is a matter of preference really.

just my 2 cents worth
5th April 2008 02:12 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
To be honest about it, if you have to do research beyond listening to the records and having read the best books, and still can't form an opinion, then maybe you're not up to writing this.

This is a college instructor talking. You should really be writing an argument paper on something more useful to your future career. Only a certain type of person can get something out of having fun with their assignments. The others hand me poorly written versions of topics of their personal interest, done without ambition. Use your ambitions to write on something new to you, and learn something.
[Edited by andrews27]

no this essay is suppose to be a "fun" argument..
5th April 2008 03:24 PM
Nellcote Good song!

5th April 2008 04:14 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

no this essay is suppose to be a "fun" argument..

Then, if that is the case it is style over substance. Once again, if you cannot form your own opinion and defend it, this subject might not be useful to you. And agree, you should be picking "fun" arguments from your chosen field. All feilds all have "fun" arguments.
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
6th April 2008 11:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
or we can all discuss again why the stones are better than beatles haha

That is the only possible logical conclusion.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)