ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

We gotta move
We gotta move
We gotta move, chile
We gotta move

More later...
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SAL Premieres in Seven Minutes Return to archive
4th April 2008 11:54 AM
gimmekeef IMAX starts showing at noon eastern time for first show.Whose texting in the setlist?..Damn I have to wait until 7 pm!
4th April 2008 11:54 AM
akula 7 hours to go for me here in Ontario Canada. Oh baby
4th April 2008 11:59 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
akula wrote:
7 hours to go for me here in Ontario Canada. Oh baby

which theatre are you attending?
4th April 2008 12:03 PM
gimmekeef Setlist:

1.JJF
4th April 2008 12:04 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Setlist:

1.JJF

please let us know if Mick bursts into flames!!

4th April 2008 12:07 PM
mrhipfl It premiered at midnight here yesterday. The event was a complete bust, though. There was a tribute band, an open bar and a whole bunch of advertisement. How many people showed up? Less than 10.

The movie itself was, as everyone has been saying, excellent, but I don't really see why it's released in IMAX. It just doesn't transfer that well onto the huge screen because there are so many extreme close-ups. I did feel like I was inside Lisa's cleavage at one point, so that's pretty cool I suppose. Highlights were Champagne and reefer and you got the silver. And even though Sympathy didn't sound so good on the soundtrack, it really rocked in the movie. Mick went absolutely wild during it. I'll probably go see it again today or tomorrow on a smaller screen. (The IMAX theater I wentto yesterday was shaped like dome so I actually had to turn my head around a few times to see the whole thing.)
4th April 2008 12:11 PM
pdog I may be one of the last of us here to see it today. Please, no spoilers
I'll be at the 1030 pm Imax in SF tonight. I even got my tix in advance, like it would sell out. The concerts don't even sell out...
I'm not sure what to do to pass the time...
I do have boxes of stuff to move down stairs, bloodwork later, then school pick up, dinner and kids baths.... Jeez! None of my life is very rock and roll sounding...
4th April 2008 12:12 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Is that one of them new fangled "Burnin' Questions" ?
4th April 2008 12:16 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
pdog wrote:
I do have boxes of stuff to move down stairs, bloodwork later, then school pick up, dinner and kids baths.... Jeez! None of my life is very rock and roll sounding...

bloodwork's pretty rock n' roll.
4th April 2008 01:25 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:
I may be one of the last of us here to see it today. Please, no spoilers
I'll be at the 1030 pm Imax in SF tonight. I even got my tix in advance, like it would sell out. The concerts don't even sell out...
I'm not sure what to do to pass the time...

Okay pdog I'll stop texting in the setlist just for you!
4th April 2008 01:45 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Okay pdog I'll stop texting in the setlist just for you!

Are we talking about the same movie... I'm going to see Shine A Light, a gynecoligial journey from labia to uterus...
4th April 2008 03:23 PM
akula
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

which theatre are you attending?

Mississauga
4th April 2008 03:42 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

LOL
4th April 2008 03:55 PM
moy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Whose texting in the setlist?..Damn I have to wait until 7 pm!

lol lets change the thread name to "Shine a light movie, setlist, pix and reviews"
4th April 2008 03:57 PM
Mr.D
Is it only in IMAX theatres? There are only two in ireland and BOTH ARE CLOSED!! i'll have to wait for the DVD or go to the UK, kinda annoyed, listenin to the soundtracks gettin me over it, pity i wont be able to see 40ft stones, lol
[Edited by Mr.D]
4th April 2008 05:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

Is it only in IMAX theatres? There are only two in ireland and BOTH ARE CLOSED!! i'll have to wait for the DVD or go to the UK, kinda annoyed, listenin to the soundtracks gettin me over it, pity i wont be able to see 40ft stones, lol
[Edited by Mr.D]

Where in Ireland are you?

At least Dublin got the premiere this week..wasnt shown up north.

Its not just an IMAX film. It'll be in regular cinemas as well.I'm hoping that the IMAX at the Odyssey in Belfast will show it.

I remember seeing "Lets Spend The Night Together" at the Ambassador at the top of O'Connell Street when it came out!

[Edited by Gazza]
4th April 2008 06:06 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
It premiered at midnight here yesterday. The event was a complete bust, though. There was a tribute band, an open bar and a whole bunch of advertisement. How many people showed up? Less than 10.

The movie itself was, as everyone has been saying, excellent, but I don't really see why it's released in IMAX. It just doesn't transfer that well onto the huge screen because there are so many extreme close-ups. I did feel like I was inside Lisa's cleavage at one point, so that's pretty cool I suppose. Highlights were Champagne and reefer and you got the silver. And even though Sympathy didn't sound so good on the soundtrack, it really rocked in the movie. Mick went absolutely wild during it. I'll probably go see it again today or tomorrow on a smaller screen. (The IMAX theater I wentto yesterday was shaped like dome so I actually had to turn my head around a few times to see the whole thing.)

thats a bummer. i guess noone really likes the stones in florida [laughs] tribute band, open bar...shit, i would have been all over it.

i have a feeling it will do well in the city tho...nyc.

thats i max for you dude...its all about extreme close ups.. just like in waynes world.

4th April 2008 06:20 PM
robpop
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

thats a bummer. i guess noone really likes the stones in florida [laughs] tribute band, open bar...shit, i would have been all over it.

i have a feeling it will do well in the city tho...nyc.

thats i max for you dude...its all about extreme close ups.. just like in waynes world.

I changed my mind. I'm not going to SAL tonight, but a gentlemen's club for some extreme close ups. SAL should be at the Maxi-Saver next week anyway.
4th April 2008 07:42 PM
Mr.D
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Where in Ireland are you?

At least Dublin got the premiere this week..wasnt shown up north.

Its not just an IMAX film. It'll be in regular cinemas as well.I'm hoping that the IMAX at the Odyssey in Belfast will show it.

I remember seeing "Lets Spend The Night Together" at the Ambassador at the top of O'Connell Street when it came out!

[Edited by Gazza]

I'm up north, the Sheridan in the Odyessy is 'closed for refurbishment' and the only other one i know of, thats down south, is also closed - good to hear its goin to be in normal cinemas!
4th April 2008 11:17 PM
lotsajizz the IMAX in RI was PACKED....applause after very song and standing-O at the end

btw, the movie is super!
5th April 2008 12:01 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
akula wrote:
Mississauga

which theatre? at an IMAX? I'm in Waterloo and Mississauga is closer than TO (which is where my initial plans were to attend).

thanks in advance...
5th April 2008 12:36 AM
Bob Tamp I have seen it now on both IMAX and a tradional movie screen, and I preferred the traditional one slightly better. Dont get me wrong, I still loved the IMAX viewing, but the old clips seemed much more blurry in IMAX, and the first 10 minutes of the film is shown the size of a traditional screen until the JJF starts.
5th April 2008 02:05 AM
Slavegirl I had at least twenty hardcore Stones-gasms while watching this movie. I couldn't sit still in my seat and was dancing through the whole thing!! It was like seeing them live!!! Amazing!!!!! The only criticism I have since I need to have one was the whole Bill Clinton appearance. I mean it was cool and nothing that we haven't seen before but I think the Stones should be kept separate from American politicians, at least in this case. Still, a minor distraction in an otherwise amazing film. Loved the little subtle visual and sound effects that Marty would throw in. Beautiful.
5th April 2008 03:30 AM
IanBillen How does this compare to their other concert films as say LSTNT or AT The Max?

Obviously it is a different because of improvements in technology but how about in terms of the bands performance and also in terms of the films progress? Does it "grab" you and keep you there or is it more of a up and down type thing?

Also just curiously,
How does it compare to other great concert films from other bands that have been made throughout the years? Does it stand proudly right with them or is it slightly below or above them?

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
5th April 2008 05:40 AM
corgi37 In other words, is it as good as ABBA: The movie or KISS in attack of the Phantoms?
5th April 2008 07:40 AM
lotsajizz it is superb, FAR better than LSTNT

they should've taken U-2's cue though and done it in 3-D

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)