ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

We gotta move
We gotta move
We gotta move, chile
We gotta move

More later...
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beach Boys Appreciation Thread Return to archive
4th April 2008 10:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels OK....You can tell I'm suffering from cabin fever. And this winter has been an exeptionally hard.

4th April 2008 10:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well it ain't exactly the Beach Boys but it's a nice summer song. IMO.

4th April 2008 10:31 AM
Zack
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
OK....You can tell I'm suffering from cabin fever. And this winter has been an exeptionally hard.

Worst Beach Boys song ever.
4th April 2008 10:41 AM
sirmoonie This thread should be deleted Mote, and you are just the man for the job.
4th April 2008 10:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
This thread should be deleted Mote, and you are just the man for the job.

Oh. I couldn't now.
Best Bob Marley Song ever.

4th April 2008 12:32 PM
doo doo doo Dude UCLA's Kevin Love is nephew to nasal crooner Mike Love

Go Bruins!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...,1990247.column
5th April 2008 01:23 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
UCLA's Kevin Love is nephew to nasal crooner Mike Love

Go Bruins!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...,1990247.column

So, former University of Oregon star Stan Love is Mike's brother.

Go Ducks!
5th April 2008 01:57 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
OK....You can tell I'm suffering from cabin fever. And this winter has been an exeptionally hard.

you really do need a little sunshine on your shoulders. that tune is so cheese.
isn't kokomo town in some midwest state?

[laughs]
5th April 2008 02:06 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Well it ain't exactly the Beach Boys but it's a nice summer song. IMO.

now you're talking
music to my ears.

[laughs]
5th April 2008 02:11 PM
steel driving hammer Beach Boys?

5th April 2008 05:43 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

So, former University of Oregon star Stan Love is Mike's brother.

Go Ducks!

Love has no love for Oregon fans

LOS ANGELES — I had two heroes growing up in Eugene, Ore. One was Steve Prefontaine. The other was Stan Love. Both were a little rebellious, like my hometown. Both were the best at what they did at the time. Today, Prefontaine is dead and remains the greatest American distance runner in history.

Thursday night, Stan Love stood in Pauley Pavilion and told me he is divorcing himself from Oregon, our alma mater. After the treatment his freshman son, Kevin, got in Eugene last month, I'm about ready to join him. I asked him how big the chasm was.

"The Grand Canyon's not big enough," he said before watching his son and sixth-ranked UCLA dismantle hapless Oregon State, 84-49.

This isn't just a tale about one kid and one school. Indiana freshman Eric Gordon of Chicago was booed and taunted unmercifully when the Hoosiers played at Illinois. Many college fans in desperate need of a life believe the state's best prep player owes it to them to stay in state so they can watch him play.

The NCAA needs to step in, especially after what happened in Eugene, which went way beyond signs of "traitor" and boos at the foul line. What they chanted at Kevin, the best prep player to come out of the state and UCLA's leading scorer, were the filthiest, most distasteful and classless lines I have heard.

Let's put it this way: The most printable act was that they threw debris at his family sitting behind UCLA's bench.

This is a fairly talented family. I was in the stands the night Love broke Oregon's career scoring record against Denver, ironically, and also when he led Oregon over top-ranked UCLA in 1970. Stan's brother is Mike Love and his cousin is Brian Wilson, members of a pretty fair band called "The Beach Boys."

"He's had a few emotional problems over the years," Love said, "and they had a sign that said, 'Hey, Stan. Do you have any more coke for Brian?' "

There's a bit more to the venom besides a player who jilted a state. Stan's obsession with this son got into the state's craw. While Kevin starred at Lake Oswego High (a UCLA assistant who scouted him as a freshman told coach Ben Howland he could have started for the Bruins then), Love said Oregon shot itself in the foot when it stopped recruiting his son. In actuality, Oregon didn't think it had a shot. There was also a rift between Nike and Adidas. Oregon is a Nike school and site of the Nike headquarters; UCLA is an Adidas school.

Love said that had nothing to do with Kevin leaving the state.

"If you have a choice between the University of Oregon and UCLA, to me," Stan Love said, "that's like almost a no-brainer."

After the game, the only reaction Stan said he received was a "superficial, non-apologetic apology" on his cellphone from Oregon athletic director Pat Kilkenny. Maybe it had something to do with Love going off for 26 points and 18 rebounds in an 80-75 win. Shortly before the taunting began, Kevin spotted his father in the stands and winked.

"I played against Kareem (UCLA's Lew Alcindor) when he was a senior and I was a sophomore," Stan said. "I didn't foul him or poke him or call him names. You don't want to wake a sleeping dog."

Oregon visits Pauley Pavilion on Saturday afternoon and Stan is hoping UCLA fans show more class than our alma mater did. At some point, your university is going to embarrass you. It forces you to shove your sweat shirts deeper in the closet. For Stan and me, this is one of those times.

"I've had several people say — several — that if that was the last school on earth, I wouldn't send my kid there," Stan said.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)