ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

We gotta move
We gotta move
We gotta move, chile
We gotta move

More later...
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who Prep Covers Album (NSC) Return to archive
3rd April 2008 09:06 AM
justinkurian The Who Prep Covers Album
4/2/08, 5:40 pm EST

The Who are planning a collection of vintage R&B covers, similar to the Motown and James Brown songs they performed early on in their career. “We’re digging through lots of material and seeing what will work,” says producer T Bone Burnett, who expects to travel to London this fall to begin recording. “There’s an incredible treasury of songs in the mode of what they used to play. Not ‘Heat Wave’ [an early favorite of the band], but ones that people probably haven’t heard of.” Pete Townshend may also write new material for the project. “It might be a combination of both,” Burnett says. “We’re still turning it over.” In other Who news, the band will perform on July 12th in Los Angeles for VH1’s Rock Honors.
3rd April 2008 09:13 AM
mojoman who's who?
3rd April 2008 09:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Sounds good. At least Pete's still working.
3rd April 2008 09:33 AM
Ade they're playing an acoustic show, at
The Royal Albert Hall, on 13th April
3rd April 2008 10:58 AM
polytoxic Sounds interesting, now how about that Stones blues album?
3rd April 2008 11:48 AM
Dan
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Sounds interesting, now how about that Stones blues album?

The blues is more than a mere technique - it's a feeling. Something tells me if they attempted a full album in this day and age, it would suck tremendously.
3rd April 2008 01:03 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Dan wrote:

The blues is more than a mere technique - it's a feeling. Something tells me if they attempted a full album in this day and age, it would suck tremendously.

Like "Charmed life" suck? It would have to be an improvement, for the love of Matt Clifford, it would have to be.
3rd April 2008 01:30 PM
Sioux
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Sounds interesting, now how about that Stones blues album?

See??? That's what I was saying in my other post in response to Gazza. The Who doing some blues covers and some new material. That's what I wish the Stones would do!
3rd April 2008 01:36 PM
Dan
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

Like "Charmed life" suck? It would have to be an improvement, for the love of Matt Clifford, it would have to be.

I never heard Charmed Life but I am right in assuming it sucks? A blues album would be weak, contrived and unconvincing. Why do they always have special guests on the blues songs? To add legitimacy.
3rd April 2008 07:29 PM
Sioux They did all right with blues covers when Brian and Bill were in the band....
3rd April 2008 11:39 PM
Joey
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
The Who Prep Covers Album
4/2/08, 5:40 pm EST

The Who are planning a collection of vintage R&B covers, similar to the Motown and James Brown songs they performed early on in their career. “We’re digging through lots of material and seeing what will work,” says producer T Bone Burnett, who expects to travel to London this fall to begin recording. “There’s an incredible treasury of songs in the mode of what they used to play. Not ‘Heat Wave’ [an early favorite of the band], but ones that people probably haven’t heard of.” Pete Townshend may also write new material for the project. “It might be a combination of both,” Burnett says. “We’re still turning it over.” In other Who news, the band will perform on July 12th in Los Angeles for VH1’s Rock Honors.

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis , nipples , toes and fingers .....

.....anyone else ?!

Joey Moon ! ™
3rd April 2008 11:40 PM
Joey
quote:
Sioux wrote:

See??? That's what I was saying in my other post in response to Gazza. The Who doing some blues covers and some new material. That's what I wish the Stones would do!

Full Frontal Nuzzle coming your way Sioux .

Full Frontal ...................

I remain ..... forever ..... everyone's 'kins .

'kins , Est. 1999 and loved by everyone .

Visionary .... Quality ....... ' kins !
4th April 2008 12:27 AM
Sioux Ahhhh, my first frontal from the 'kins. I have arrived.
4th April 2008 05:21 AM
Jumping Jack It will probably outsell EW.
4th April 2008 10:15 AM
polytoxic
quote:
Dan wrote:

I never heard Charmed Life but I am right in assuming it sucks? A blues album would be weak, contrived and unconvincing. Why do they always have special guests on the blues songs? To add legitimacy.

Somewhat. Although I'd venture that being around since the American Folk Blues Festival days would give the Stones legitimacy. You're probably right that they can't summon that deep blues feeling being near billionaires living in a gilded cage for the better part of four decades, but they could get a groove down and Mick is quite a good blues harp player still. At any rate, it just seems more dignified to try that approach than to try and compete as a current pop act.

And yeah Charmed Life suuuuucks.
4th April 2008 12:27 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
It will probably outsell EW.

You Bet Your Sweet Bippy Jumping Jack

Endless Wire sold over fifty million copies in the United States ALONE ( ..... two million in Missouri )

Word --- to all your Great Great GrandPappys !

J ' Please Pass the Biscuits Pappy ' O' Daniel ! ™
5th April 2008 06:54 AM
corgi37 A covers album?
An acoustic show?

What next?

The Who sing American Standards?????
5th April 2008 07:06 AM
Jumping Jack Pete wants the same kind of success Barry Manilow and Rod Stewart enjoy!
5th April 2008 01:19 PM
LoveinVainRonnie Some Vintage Blues By Old Roddy 64

Moppers Blues -

Clips of : Come home baby (Produced by Mick Jagger/Keith Richards),Up above my head, Bright lights big city, stone crazy, the blues, and Sam Cooke's Shake.
5th April 2008 02:19 PM
Sioux Really interesting Rod music clips---he's been around a long time, and his mid 60's stuff is pretty cool...

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)