ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

We gotta move
We gotta move
We gotta move, chile
We gotta move

More later...
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Obama Answers Important Question Return to archive
1st April 2008 12:25 PM
Brainbell Jangler Sen. Barack Obama addressed one of the most divisive questions of our time today. In an interview with NBC's Ann Curry, Obama unhesitatingly and unequivocally stated his position on an issue that has split this country for generations. He did so while taking what is probably the less popular--but correct--position, rather than opting for a pandering, poll-driven approach.

The question? "Beatles or Rolling Stones?" The answer, of course, "Rolling Stones."
1st April 2008 01:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Sen. Barack Obama addressed one of the most divisive questions of our time today. In an interview with NBC's Ann Curry, Obama unhesitatingly and unequivocally stated his position on an issue that has split this country for generations. He did so while taking what is probably the less popular--but correct--position, rather than opting for a pandering, poll-driven approach.

The question? "Beatles or Rolling Stones?" The answer, of course, "Rolling Stones."

Brainbell ........................

You make Joey smile .
1st April 2008 01:21 PM
Starbuck link please?
1st April 2008 01:34 PM
Sioux Yep, I heard the very end of that...in fact, I just heard "Stones", but that was the right answer! {Maybe his only one??? lol}
1st April 2008 01:38 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Yep, I heard the very end of that...in fact, I just heard "Stones", but that was the right answer! {Maybe his only one??? lol}

The answer was definitely "Rolling Stones." BTW, Ann Curry was 2 years behind me at Ashland (Oregon) High School.
1st April 2008 01:40 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
link please?

Sorry, haven't found a link yet. I saw it this morning on MSNBC.
1st April 2008 02:00 PM
pdog Typical black supremist response!!!
1st April 2008 02:20 PM
PartyDoll MEG http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/20...e-like-lincoln/

Tales from the Trail
Tracking the 2008 U.S. campaign
« Texas Democrats: Two steps down, one to go
April 1st, 2008

WASHINGTON - Democratic voters in Pennsylvania are hearing all about presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s views on issues like Iraq and the economy — but where does he stand on those small but all-important, getting-to-know-you questions?

For instance, does the Illinois senator prefer the Beatles or the Rolling Stones?”Rolling Stones,” he answered without hesitation in a Tuesday interview with NBC’s “Today Show.”

And he went on in rapid-fire succession, not shying away even from his recent underwhelming performance in a Pennsylvania bowling alley.

COFFEE OR TEA? — “Tea.”

WHICH PRESIDENT WOULD HE MOST WANT TO BE LIKE? — “Lincoln.”

WHY? — “He never lost sight of the humanity of even those who opposed him.”

IS HE SURE GOD EXISTS? — “Yes.”

HOW OFTEN DOES HE PRAY? — “Once a day, sometimes twice a day. It depends on the day.”

BEST THING HIS MOTHER TAUGHT HIM? — “Empathy, making sure that you can see the world through somebody else’s eyes, stand in their shoes. I think that’s the basis for kindness and compassion.”

WHICH MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM DOES HE LIKE, THE CHICAGO CUBS OR CHICAGO WHITE SOX? — “White Sox”

BASKETBALL OR BOWLING? — “Basketball.”

NOT BOWLING? — “Not bowling. You saw those gutter balls. But you know what? That shows that I’m willing to try new things.”

WHAT MAKES HIM LOSE SLEEP? — “When I lose sleep at night, it is not because I am worrying about what’s going to happen in Pennsylvania or Indiana or how we’re going to resolve this contest. I lose sleep at night because I think about being president and all the challenges we have to face out there.”

1st April 2008 03:20 PM
mrhipfl He just likes 'em cuz they're black.

Go Obama!
1st April 2008 03:50 PM
gimmekeef But his preacher kept on saying " All I had to do was send ten dollars to the Sacred Bleeding Heart Church located somewhere in Los Angeles and all my dreams would come true.So I did!".And I got a prayerrrrrr well you know what kinda eyes she got!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1st April 2008 04:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Then it's finallly settled.
1st April 2008 04:18 PM
zooeyglass He also answered this TRULY IMPORTANT question correctly:

WHICH MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM DOES HE LIKE, THE CHICAGO CUBS OR CHICAGO WHITE SOX? — “White Sox”

Now to REALLY be able to make an informed decision about his worth, we need to know BOXERS OR BRIEFS.

1st April 2008 04:25 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
He also answered this TRULY IMPORTANT question correctly:

Now to REALLY be able to make an informed decision about his worth, we need to know BOXERS OR BRIEFS.

Last night's news on Barack's attempt at bowling in Pennsylvania reported that he wore size 13 1/2 bowling shoes. Does that help?
1st April 2008 04:26 PM
pdog Zoey... Real men go commando!!!!
1st April 2008 04:30 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Then it's finallly settled.

I assume you mean the question, "Who do I vote for?" The Beatles/Stones issue was settled no later than the release of the album Let It Bleed.
1st April 2008 04:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
The Beatles/Stones issue was settled no later than the release of the album Let It Bleed.

Says who? Obama?
1st April 2008 04:56 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
pdog wrote:
Zoey... Real men go commando!!!!

1st April 2008 05:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >"Who do I vote for?" <

I might vote for Obama....provided he doesn't fall to hard for Al Gore's bullshit.
1st April 2008 07:54 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Says who? Obama?

I haven't asked him. The opinion I expressed was my own. Whether mine or Obama's, though, I doubt that even Fiji Joe would take issue with the assertion that the Stones' preeminence was firmly established by the time Let It Bleed was released.
1st April 2008 10:27 PM
robpop I think its true. After I shook his hand last Friday, his grip was a Jumpin Jack Flash grip.
2nd April 2008 09:48 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
The opinion I expressed was my own.

I'm glad you clarified that.

I tend to agree with you really....but I might put it back further in time to the release of Satisfaction and the subsequent run of several top ten hits.

2nd April 2008 11:14 AM
andrews27 I think it was like, Obama saw The Departed, heard Gimme Shelter on the soundtrack, and asked his aide, "Who was that?"
2nd April 2008 01:34 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
I think it was like, Obama saw The Departed, heard Gimme Shelter on the soundtrack, and asked his aide, "Who was that?"

Dude, Barry wasn't groovin' to Sgt. Pepper when he was hoovering blow back in high school.
4th April 2008 12:19 AM
Brainbell Jangler http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/apr/03/barackobama.uselections2008

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)