ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

We gotta move
We gotta move
We gotta move, chile
We gotta move

More later...
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hillary loves da Stones Return to archive
30th March 2008 07:30 PM
Daethgod Hillary raves about Mick Jagger, Stones
Monday Mar 31 08:23 AEDT
AP - Call her a Honky Tonk Woman: Hillary Rodham Clinton is a big fan of the Rolling Stones.

Speaking to reporters aboard her campaign plane Sunday morning, the Democratic presidential contender said she was eager to see Shine a Light, the new documentary about the legendary rock band that was directed by Martin Scorsese and opens in the US on Friday.

Clinton said she attended her first Stones show as a high school senior in 1965, and has seen them a few times since then. She praised Mick Jagger, the band's 64-year-old lead singer, and said she admired his work ethic.

"If you go to a Stones concert today and I have been, it's just amazing," Clinton said. "He has this incredible presence. He is very disciplined, he works out, and he's incredibly devoted to what he does."

The film, chronicling a Stones performance at the New York's Beacon Theatre in 2006, even features a clip of guitarist Keith Richards meeting Clinton's 88-year old-mother, Dorothy Rodham. The Clinton Foundation, the former president's philanthropic effort, held a fundraiser during one of the concerts.

Clinton said her mother is an even bigger fan of the Stones.

"I thought she was going to just levitate," Clinton said of introducing Rodham to Richards and Jagger.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=419288&rss=yes
30th March 2008 07:48 PM
mojoman jagger is a better performer.......
30th March 2008 07:54 PM
stonedinaustralia at least she didn't "misspeak" about being at Altamont or El Mocambo or something like that
30th March 2008 08:16 PM
caro
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
"He has this incredible presence. He is very disciplined, he works out, and he's incredibly devoted to what he does."

...still, all this has little value in light of the cock dance, which he has yet to denounce AND reject.
30th March 2008 10:34 PM
Lavendar Cock Dance!!!! Uuuuuuuu

Hilary hang in there and don't let them there hoods Bully you.

One LOVE RS.
30th March 2008 10:41 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Lavendar wrote:

Hilary hang in there and don't let them there hoods Bully you.

One LOVE RS.

Marry me.
31st March 2008 09:16 PM
the good
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
at least she didn't "misspeak" about being at Altamont or El Mocambo or something like that

HAHAHA!
31st March 2008 09:30 PM
pdog
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
at least she didn't "misspeak" about being at Altamont or El Mocambo or something like that

I was going to try to come up with a joke along those lines. you did great, Funny as hell. Although, I bet she wasn't at a Stones concert in 1965... She was a fucking Goldwater girl back then. I smell LIES, LIES Jezebel!!!!
31st March 2008 09:41 PM
Nellcote She was at the '65 concert, she just had to duck under the sniper fire from the riots in front of the venue to get in.
31st March 2008 09:42 PM
Glimmer Twin
quote:
pdog wrote:

I was going to try to come up with a joke along those lines. you did great, Funny as hell. Although, I bet she wasn't at a Stones concert in 1965... She was a fucking Goldwater girl back then. I smell LIES, LIES Jezebel!!!!

I absolutely agree. I don't believe her. Lies. That's the perfect song for her.
31st March 2008 09:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Glimmer Twin wrote:

I absolutely agree. I don't believe her. Lies. That's the perfect song for her.

Stones are too fucking cool for clintons whores. They're more like Journey or Styx.
1st April 2008 04:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Now she's pandering to Stone's fans? I saw this blurb on Chris Matthews last night. She's always been a Yankees fan too. It's great to be all things to all people I guess.
5th April 2008 04:41 PM
gorda
quote:
pdog wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . Maybe she did go the concerts! Why is it so impossible to believe?

P.S. Whenever I tell people that Metallica opened up for the Stones in San Francisco, and that I saw them FRONT-ROW-CENTER, I hate it when they just roll their eyes at me!

IT'S TRUE! And, I don't care if they don't believe me, as long as I know the truth.

P.S.S. Or like this other time, when I told some people that my uncle was an _____________ and sometimes he gets to ride in the company's private plane. In the morning, he'll have breakfast here in Northern California. Then, he'll have lunch in another state. And, finally, in the evening, he'll be back here for dinner! This is true! I don't care if you don't believe me. As long as I know the TRUTH!
5th April 2008 07:02 PM
lotsajizz yup...fuck the detractors

nattering nebobs of negativity

OK now
5th April 2008 07:51 PM
Glimmer Twin
quote:
pdog wrote:

Stones are too fucking cool for clintons whores. They're more like Journey or Styx.

Hahaha, that's a good one. You're right.
6th April 2008 12:00 PM
Bitch The other night Hilary was a guest on Jay Leno and she mentioned being a Rolling Stones fan on TV. I think she was sincere, after all, why would she say it if it weren true? Its not like everyone in the world is a fan, more people arent than are, so it wont gain her more votes. BUT I will vote for her if she goes that far. I like her, and I especially like the fact that she keeps on ticking and doesnt cave under pressure. You go girl!
6th April 2008 08:20 PM
Lethargy Just like she's always been a Yankees fan.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)