ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

We gotta move
We gotta move
We gotta move, chile
We gotta move

More later...
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Shine A Light" Press Conference & Premiere, New York 30th March 2008 - Photos & Reports Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
26th March 2008 07:02 AM
SweetVirginia Yes, the premiere is at 7:30.
26th March 2008 07:19 AM
Some Guy man, this is just like tomorrow!
26th March 2008 11:08 AM
luxury1 So, SV, who do you think this "premiere" is for, if the media is having a private screening on THursday??
I know, RS.com will be supplying us fans with free tickets!!
26th March 2008 11:19 AM
LadyJane
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
So, SV, who do you think this "premiere" is for, if the media is having a private screening on THursday??
I know, RS.com will be supplying us fans with free tickets!!

It's the big red carpet premiere only open to "invited guests".

My sources tell me an RO'er will be in attendance.
I cannot reveal his/her identity but we will be represented!!

Tingle

LJ.
26th March 2008 12:43 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

It's the big red carpet premiere only open to "invited guests".

Tingle

LJ.

quote:
Riffhard wrote:
There will be a press conference on 3/30/08 and I will be there covering it for RO! Yes, friends tis true. I will be attending a screening of SAL on Friday the 28th and then attending the PC two days later on Sunday. Given the chance I will ask a question with a mention of Rocks Off should the opportunity present itself.

Anyone who plans on going let me know. I'd love to meet up in the city for a few pints!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
26th March 2008 12:50 PM
Some Guy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Tingle

LJ.

jb?
26th March 2008 01:01 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

jb?

Sadly, I do not believe jb considers himself an RO'er anymore.

LJ.

26th March 2008 01:02 PM
glencar Many have left RO. Joshy is the only one I miss. I hope his health is rocking!
[Edited by glencar]
26th March 2008 01:05 PM
Some Guy I hope his flank pain has healed and that he enjoyed the aquarium while in Atl.
26th March 2008 01:14 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Sadly, I do not believe jb considers himself an RO'er anymore.

LJ.

He's posting over at Shidoobee, no? He and pug are over at that place together, right?

Not that I have anything against Shidoobee per se, but it seems WAY TOO antiseptic to me. Absolutely zero charm about that place. Never understood the fascination with that board. It's damned near impossible to navigate, and many of the posters seem to have a very sharp stick planted firmly up their own asses. Though I will say that Stones Doug is a cool enough cat having met him at several shows now. It's just that the many of the posters seem to be nothing more sycophants to me. They are so easily offended too.

Riffy
26th March 2008 01:15 PM
glencar Spot on, Riffy, as the Brits would say!
26th March 2008 01:17 PM
Some Guy Oh no he ditn't.
26th March 2008 01:20 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

He's posting over at Shidoobee, no? He and pug are over at that place together, right?

I didn't intend to hijack this thread.
I will say, in all seriousness, that jb has had his share of health problems of late.
Shidoobee isn't so bad. I've made some good friends there.
It's a much larger group, hence, a variety of personalities.
But it's NO asylum like this place!!!

LJ.
29th March 2008 11:21 PM
Bitch W-O-FVCKING-W!!
GREAT FOR YOU RIFFY! Ask about another tour, ok? Is it happening in 09?

....hmmmm.... a Stones PC in NY tomorrow..
Disguise myself as an assistant? OK No RS shirts for me! Professional looking all the way! Maybe there is some chance....hell if I sit home for sure I wont get in!!!!! FVCK should I bother trying? Anyone think there will be a huge crowd, because it isnt hyped up like a normal PC. Not much talk of it anywhere, even on the RS boards.
30th March 2008 10:13 AM
Bitch Heres the latest about the Ziegfeld.I think I'm gonna TRY IT, WTF ~ A glimpse of MICK and the boys is always a thrill! I dont care if I cant get in to the movie since it will be here next week at the IMAX and I got my tickets already!

The Stones and Martin are scheduled to arrive between 6:00 and 6:30 to walk the red carpet. They will not linger around outside. Security wants them to go in right away. People are "welcomed" to stand across the street and watch them leave their limos and enter the theater. There is a huge tent that stretches from the entrance eastward to 7th avenue. The side walls of the tent are made of clear plastic that you can see through. There are steal barricades all around it. Security will be heavy.
30th March 2008 10:59 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Heres the latest about the Ziegfeld.I think I'm gonna TRY IT, WTF ~ A glimpse of MICK and the boys is always a thrill! I dont care if I cant get in to the movie since it will be here next week at the IMAX and I got my tickets already!

The Stones and Martin are scheduled to arrive between 6:00 and 6:30 to walk the red carpet. They will not linger around outside. Security wants them to go in right away. People are "welcomed" to stand across the street and watch them leave their limos and enter the theater. There is a huge tent that stretches from the entrance eastward to 7th avenue. The side walls of the tent are made of clear plastic that you can see through. There are steal barricades all around it. Security will be heavy.

LOL...a tent and steel barricades? I gotta hand it to you - you're dauntless! Good luck, E!
30th March 2008 11:03 AM
SweetVirginia I'm beside myself today! If they arrive at the theater that early, we'll have at least an hour inside before showtime. ----Tingle----
30th March 2008 11:12 AM
LadyJane
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I'm beside myself today! If they arrive at the theater that early, we'll have at least an hour inside before showtime. ----Tingle----

I told you what to do.
Dress like Morticia and steal L'Wren's seat!!!!!

Have a wonderful time.

TINGLE.

LJ.
30th March 2008 11:19 AM
SweetVirginia I'm gonna need some REALLY high heels in order to pass as L'Wren!
30th March 2008 11:31 AM
GotToRollMe SV! I'm so thrilled for ya. Beautiful weather here too (cold but clear). Knock 'em dead, kid!
30th March 2008 03:37 PM
Sioux
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

...a tent and steel barricades

Sounds like a good title for album #23...
30th March 2008 04:35 PM
sun Damn! They look great!

30th March 2008 04:36 PM
open-g
30th March 2008 04:37 PM
Gazza Nice photo, sun. Thanks
30th March 2008 04:47 PM
Gazza

Photo Credits :

AP Photo/Evan Agostini
Reuters/Lucas Jackson

[Edited by Gazza]
30th March 2008 04:49 PM
PartyDoll MEG Charlie looks very dashing...

Heck..they all look good..

Wonder if Riffy got to ask a question?!!
30th March 2008 04:50 PM
Fuck! always nice to see the boys smiling
wow charlie looks cool!
what's the blue stuff on keith's fuck you! finger?

anyway, can't wait to go to the Dutch Premiere next week in Amsterdam, it's gonna be a wild night with lot's of drugs and lots of sex, i tell ya!

Fuck!
30th March 2008 05:51 PM
PartyDoll MEG I got all excited..thinking Bitch or SV had sent me a photo, I couldn't make it out on my phone, so I sent it to my photobucket..

Turns out it is my son playing jokes on me-lol

30th March 2008 05:54 PM
Gazza Ah those fuckin' devil dolls!
30th March 2008 06:52 PM
GotToRollMe LOL...I see Keith got all dressed up for the red carpet!

Gawd I love 'im.

I MUST get these in higher resolution. They look GREAT!

I hope Keith leaves his hair grey. He looks absolutely radiant.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)