ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

We gotta move
We gotta move
We gotta move, chile
We gotta move

More later...
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Shine A Light" Press Conference & Premiere, New York 30th March 2008 - Photos & Reports Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
25th March 2008 10:47 AM
~Cocaine Eyes~ Everything seems to be so quiet at IORR and at Shidoobee, I'm wondering if there IS going to be the Press Conference in NYC this Sunday.

Does anyone here know?

Thanks.
25th March 2008 11:11 AM
The jinn, my friend. Yes,
Mick has released another album!

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
25th March 2008 12:42 PM
Mr Jurkka From IORR

Mar 24: The Rolling Stones in New York City on March 30
The Rolling Stones will be in New York City USA on Sunday March 30 for a press conference to promote the movie Shine a Light.

Guess there is.

25th March 2008 12:46 PM
mojoman mick has a sore throat?
25th March 2008 12:49 PM
Riffhard There will be a press conference on 3/30/08 and I will be there covering it for RO! Yes, friends tis true. I will be attending a screening of SAL on Friday the 28th and then attending the PC two days later on Sunday. Given the chance I will ask a question with a mention of Rocks Off should the opportunity present itself.

Anyone who plans on going let me know. I'd love to meet up in the city for a few pints!

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
25th March 2008 12:51 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
There will be a press conference on 3/30/08 and I will be there covering it for RO! Yes, friends tis true. I will be attending a screening of SAL on Friday the 28th and then attending the PC two days later on Sunday. Given the chance I will ask a question with a mention of Rocks Off should the oppurtunity present itself.

Anyone who plans on going let me know. I'd love to meet up in the city for a few pints!

Riffy

OUTSTANDING news, Riffy!!!
Congrats!!

LJ.
25th March 2008 01:18 PM
~Cocaine Eyes~ Thanks for the replies. I *thought* there was a Press Conference but things seemed too weirdly quiet. You know, the Stones are never quiet.

Thanks again.
25th March 2008 01:23 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
There will be a press conference on 3/30/08 and I will be there covering it for RO! Yes, friends tis true. I will be attending a screening of SAL on Friday the 28th and then attending the PC two days later on Sunday. Given the chance I will ask a question with a mention of Rocks Off should the oppurtunity present itself.

Riffy

what might your question be?
25th March 2008 01:43 PM
luxury1 Riffy--you have PM!
25th March 2008 01:58 PM
PartyDoll MEG Way to go, Riffy!!

Represent, will ya!!!
25th March 2008 02:05 PM
glencar Congrats, Riffy! I can't make it as I have to work. I think asking about a new album is always a good question. This way they know that some of us out here have an interest in new music by them.
25th March 2008 03:54 PM
Poplar yeah riffy!
25th March 2008 05:42 PM
SweetVirginia Riffy, darling...we must talk.

Check PM.

SV
25th March 2008 07:15 PM
Riffhard Ok here's the deal. I would have scanned this info and posted it, but as I'm at work I do not have access to a scanner. So here.

WORLD WIDE "SHINE A LIGHT" PRESS CONFERENCE

WHO: Director Martin Scorsese

The Rolling Stones

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood

What: "Shine A Light" Press Conference

Where: The NY Palace Hotel
455 Madison Avenue (Between 50th & 51st St)

Press Check In: ALL PRESS MUST CHECK IN (from 1pm until 2:45) Reid Salon 2nd Floor

When: Sunday March 30, 2008

1:00pm Press Check-in begins Reid Salon 2nd Floor

1:45-2:45 Press lunch Reid Salon

2:45 Print, Radio & TV Press
Set up on the hotel's 4th Floor-Holmes 1&2 Suites

Photographers Set up on hotel's 4th Floor-Kennedy 1&2 Suites

3:00 till 4:15 Press Conference begins

So there ya go. I will be attending the PC. I will also be attending the press screening at the Paramount Screening Room this Thursday. No press may attend the PC without having first seen the movie. I'm not complaining at all.

Riffy
25th March 2008 07:29 PM
LadyJane Okay here's the deal.
HOWE are you gonna get the ROCC into this thing??
We won't EVER forget it.
Our collective gratitude will make you smile for months, Riffy darling!!

xoxo
LJ
SV
Luxy
Meg
Parmeda
GTRM
Factory Girl
SheRat
Fotini
gypsy
Bitch
25th March 2008 07:45 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Okay here's the deal.
HOWE are you gonna get the ROCC into this thing??
We won't EVER forget it.
Our collective gratitude will make you smile for months, Riffy darling!!

xoxo
LJ
SV
Luxy
Meg
Parmeda
GTRM
Factory Girl
SheRat
Fotini
gypsy
Bitch

Oh you better know that if I could I would honey! This is a very closed PC though. It was a teeth pulling situation just to get myself and my producer into it. I will represent RO proud though. I will post pictures and hopefully I will get to ask a question again.

Riffy
25th March 2008 07:53 PM
stonedinaustralia Hey Riff - I'll be interested to know what they give you for lunch!
25th March 2008 07:59 PM
akissaway Congrats Riffhard. Looking forward to your report, and pictures!
25th March 2008 08:04 PM
Riffhard
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
Hey Riff - I'll be interested to know what they give you for lunch!

I will post all the details. Last Stones' PC I attended was the Blimp at Van Cortland Park in the Bronx. It was a hot day, and it was only slightly cooler in the big tent that it was held in. At that PC they only had hors dourves laid out. Cheese platters, meat trays, crudite baskets, and the like. I expect a little better this time around. I would like to think that there be a bar, but I'm not counting on it.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
25th March 2008 08:10 PM
open-g If you could get a question accross to Marty...

I'd like to know:
why is Connection the only song that is cut & spliced with interview bits inbetween?

Nevertheless - have a good time & enjoy the sceening.
25th March 2008 08:18 PM
stonedinaustralia oh yes - i recall the day of the Blimp. You got to meet Albert Maysles (sp?) didn't you? - wonder who you will run into this time??!!

and yes, you would expect an improvement in the catering department and that they could stretch it for a few beers

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
25th March 2008 08:25 PM
Riffhard
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
oh yes - i recall the day of the Blimp. You got to meet Albert Maysles (sp?) didn't you? - wonder who you will run into this time??!!

and yes, you would expect an improvement in the catering department and that they could stretch it for a few beers

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

LOL! Funny you would mention Albert Maysels. He was siting right next to me. He had partaken in the little buffet. When he leaned into talk to me he had the absolute worst salami breathe! It must have been 85 degress inside that tent and good ol' Al is breathing salami breathe all over me! I couldn't wait to get out and smoke a cig just to get away from that breathe! He was a very nice guy though salami breathe aside.

Riffy
25th March 2008 09:32 PM
GotToRollMe Woah, Riffy! Good on ya, kid! Check yer PM!
25th March 2008 11:08 PM
robpop
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I will post all the details. Last Stones' PC I attended was the Blimp at Van Cortland Park in the Bronx. It was a hot day, and it was only slightly cooler in the big tent that it was held in. At that PC they only had hors dourves laid out. Cheese platters, meat trays, crudite baskets, and the like. I expect a little better this time around. I would like to think that there be a bar, but I'm not counting on it.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

TIA for posting your details of the conference. I look foreward to reading them. As for my questions, I have plenty, but they will blow them off! Good Luck.
25th March 2008 11:53 PM
parmeda
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
LOL! Funny you would mention Albert Maysels. He was siting right next to me. He had partaken in the little buffet. When he leaned into talk to me he had the absolute worst salami breathe! It must have been 85 degress inside that tent and good ol' Al is breathing salami breathe all over me! I couldn't wait to get out and smoke a cig just to get away from that breathe! He was a very nice guy though salami breathe aside.

Riffy

And what's the problem with salami breath???
Fuck you, Riffy - you take it for the team, dammit!

Seriously - Congratulations! I am jealous, yet VERY happy for you.
26th March 2008 12:43 AM
Joey
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
From IORR

Mar 24: The Rolling Stones in New York City on March 30
The Rolling Stones will be in New York City USA on Sunday March 30 for a press conference to promote the movie Shine a Light.

Guess there is.

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis .

'kins
26th March 2008 01:38 AM
angee Riffhard,

How great! Have fun and give us a complete report, pleeeeease!
26th March 2008 02:50 AM
riccardo Do you know if the PC will be broadcasted?
26th March 2008 03:39 AM
FotiniD Woo-hoo Riffy!!! Fantastic news! Congratulations!

Now don't let them get away with it! Ask all the questions you can get!
26th March 2008 06:36 AM
luxury1 So now I am confused. Will there still be this "premiere" at the Zeigfeld following the PC on Sunday evening? I mean it seems odd since the media screening is THursday.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)