ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Midnight Rambler at the B-Stage
Hartford Civic Center March 28, 1999
by Mrs. Throbby

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Excellent article on Keith in new GQ Return to archive
04-03-03 03:44 PM
sandrew It's the one with Bernie Mac on the cover. The story on Keith -- a very well-written one -- was written by a guy named Jay McInerney. And it has a beautiful photo taken by Annie Leibovitz of Keith in his study, surrounded by his beloved books.
04-03-03 03:54 PM
jb Nice picture too..I read it last week..he seems trapped by his image and somewhat disturbed about those who think he is not intellectual...he went out of his way to point out what a prolific reader he is and all about his extensive library.
04-03-03 04:14 PM
Joey Josh ...........................................

Do you think Keith reads this board ???????

I know Mick does , but Keith ?????????????

Your thoughts please ?????????

STONES !

JOESY and the PUSSYCATS !

04-03-03 04:16 PM
jb Joey, I just said Keith was an extensive reader, thus, I have every reason to believe he has read every post you have ever posted.....
04-03-03 04:22 PM
Joey " Joey, I just said Keith was an extensive reader, thus, I have every reason to believe he has read every post you have ever posted..... "

Thank God I have always written good things about him ................

Josh , did you see David Letterman ( Post Shingles ) Monday evening . He showed an old clip of the Carson Show ( Circa 1976 ) and then stated that there are two rules in the Entertainment business :

# 1 ) Nobody Fu##s with Johnny Carson !

# 2 ) Nobody Fu##s with Keith Richards !

I believe that to be true ................Your thoughts on this matter please ?

Stones !

JOESKEE !
04-03-03 04:31 PM
jb Finally a good Letterman joke!!!!
04-03-03 04:35 PM
Nellcote JB....One you would enjoy....

What do Osama Bin Laden & Yoko Ono have in common....
04-03-03 04:37 PM
Joey Both are Jewish ??????

04-03-03 04:39 PM
jb No Joey, Yoko is only 1/2 jewish and Osama denies his jewish roots.
And the answer Nellcote?
04-03-03 04:40 PM
Nellcote Both make their are able to eat off of Dead Beatles....
04-03-03 04:51 PM
Joey Josh ..................

Did you know that William Shatner is 1/2 Jewish ????

No ????? Well , I sure did ! I also know that his hairpiece looks like a Hamster's Nest up there on top of his head .

Why can't he buy a nice expensive " clean " wig like me ?????

HUH ?????????????? Please .......I's justs gots to's knows .

SKITTLES !
04-03-03 05:36 PM
sandrew JB, I wonder how much of that story was Keith trying prove he's not as addled as people think, or the writer editorializing. Maybe HE was surprised that Keith is such a big reader and just projected that onto him.

I make a living as a scribbler and see that kinda thing happen all the time. Notice there were no direct quotes of Keith saying, "Hey, man, I'm no idiot. Lemme tell ya what I'm reading now."
04-04-03 07:25 AM
Doxa Also Charlie Watts claims in his Japanese interview that Keith is a big reader, and he himself is not because he can not concentrate into that. According to Charlie Keef�s favourite literature is historical books. I find this kind of interesting character in Keith�s personality. Well, if it is true what Chaz says that Keith is a loner and basically a quiet family man why does he act so wildly in public and tries so desperately to maintain that pirate image and "life is a party" -philosophy? Is that just a show business?

Doxa

04-04-03 07:41 AM
egon
quote:
Joey wrote:
He showed an old clip of the Carson Show ( Circa 1976 ) and then stated that there are two rules in the Entertainment business :

# 1 ) Nobody Fu##s with Johnny Carson !

# 2 ) Nobody Fu##s with Keith Richards !

joey, what did they show exactly?
04-04-03 09:08 AM
gypsy stanley booth wrote in his stones bio about how intelligent Keith is (and was then) and how Keith loves to read anything about history-specifically the civil war. he said he loved hanging around with keith and talking to him about every subject matter. he mentioned that mick was the same throughout the years: "hey, stanley, wanna go get some pussy?" stanley found mick to be boring...and keith to be very witty, well-read, and loved being around him...still does.
04-04-03 09:32 AM
LadyJane Good info, Gypsy! Another book I need to get my hands on!

I've always found Keith very intriguing. He's definitely very multi-faceted! Not just the rock n roll pirate!

Just wish he'd cut back on the hard drinkin' and smokin'. I worry about him. He's NOT as indestructible as he thinks.

LadyJ.
04-04-03 10:09 AM
gypsy Stanley's book "The True Adventures of the Rolling Stones" is the best Stones book ever. He was there with them at Altamont and on several tours. First-hand account...not any interviews and gossip. It's very good. Stanley started doing heroin, and it took him 13 years to get his notes together for the book. He is a very handsome man...looked like Gram Parsons a bit back in the late '60's. He is even from Waycross, GA, as was Gram. I wish Stanley would have written the Gram bio instead of Ben Fong-Torres. Hopefully, since Keith bought the rights to Torres's book, he'll make a good movie that will do Gram justice.
04-04-03 07:57 PM
McQueen 1) Yes, Booth's book is pretty good. If you have yet to read it take a few hours and do so.

2) True, Keith is not indestructible, but he is a pretty tough
old bird. He's gonna do Life his way and when it's up it's up. He's already beat the odds many times over so it's all gravy now. If he were to "clean up" now it might very well kill him right off!

3) Mick likes pussy? Who knew? That bastard!

4) Keith feels trapped by his image? Again, this backwards B.J. shares such infinite wisdom with us once again. One expects dikes such as he to only open their mouths when they feel the need to change feet. For some wisdom comes with age. Others simply age. This backwards BJ-balding-closet- queen would do well to flush twice before sharing such wonderful insight again.

Trapped by his image...You know what?...no, of course you don't.

P.S. -Stones Rule!
04-04-03 07:58 PM
McQueen 1) Yes, Booth's book is pretty good. If you have yet to read it take a few hours and do so.

2) True, Keith is not indestructible, but he is a pretty tough
old bird. He's gonna do Life his way and when it's up it's up. He's already beat the odds many times over so it's all gravy now. If he were to "clean up" now it might very well kill him right off!

3) Mick likes pussy? Who knew? That bastard!

4) Keith feels trapped by his image? Again, this backwards B.J. shares such infinite wisdom with us once again. One expects dikes such as he to only open their mouths when they feel the need to change feet. For some wisdom comes with age. Others simply age. This backwards BJ-balding-closet- queen would do well to flush twice before sharing such wonderful insight again.

Trapped by his image...You know what?...no, of course you don't.

P.S. -Stones Rule!
04-05-03 04:22 AM
100 Years Ago Keith has always been the most well-read Stone, with the exception of the Marianne-Mick years, when Mick was reading alot of esoteric literature such as "the master and the margarita". Keith has always been a history buff and to think otherwise is stupidity. Mick is of the moment while Keith is of the significance of each moment in time.
04-05-03 05:30 PM
Egbert Another must-read is the Victor Bockris bio "Keith Richards". Keith is a funny guy.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003