ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Midnight Rambler at the B-Stage
Hartford Civic Center March 28, 1999
by Mrs. Throbby

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BEST STONES VIDEO Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-01-03 10:00 PM
BILL PERKS WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE STONES VIDEOS?
HERE'S MINE
1-WAITIN ON A FRIEND
2-ONE HIT
3-UNDERCOVER
4-ALMOST HEAR YOU SIGH
5-GOIN TO A GO GO
6-DANCIN WITH MR D
7-TOO MUCH BLOOD
8-SHE WAS HOT
9-SAINT OF ME
10-LIKE A ROLLIN STONE

I'VE NEVER SEEN SEX DIVE OR WORRIED ABOUT YOU
04-01-03 10:52 PM
exile WHATT? you have never seen Sex Drive video
man you are missing out (o)(o)

I think best video has to be

JUMPING JACK FLASH
04-02-03 12:20 AM
gypsymofo60 Hot Stuff, Hey Negrita, Crazy Mama, Jumping Jack Flash, Gimme Shelter,(POP goes the 60s clip), Brown Sugar TOTPs, Dancing With Mr. D.
04-02-03 05:22 AM
sonicrock those i like
start me up hang fire worried about you too much blood and so many others
one i hate
emotional rescue the weird version
04-02-03 06:00 AM
luxury1 And who can forget Mick's "Let's Work"? Man, what was he thinking?? Sometimes, as I've said before, Keith is sorely missed. The Glimmer Twins certainly do compliment each other.
04-02-03 06:47 AM
Zeeta Emotional Rescue - is piss funny!
Miss You - Cahrlie is Fucked and is playing his drums - eyes closed and smiling!
LARS - is great when Mick's harmonica solo kicks in and Keith confronts the camera cig in mouth - I like that.
saint of me - Keith with a knife...what a guy!
Sex drive - COOL!
Cheers!
04-02-03 07:04 AM
fmk438j Agree with exile and g-mo mostly.

The Brown Sugar TOTP is one of my all time. How can ya beat a Pink Satin Suit and floppy hat?

The JJF in black and white is real cool, whatever that was from I forget. Just a real great feel, real pumped and nice to see Brian in that kind of sound/era, despite his relative non-involvement I guess.

I think some of the 90's ones are real nice when they could have come off real lame. Like Anybody Seen My baby, Love is Strong and Out of Tears.

Also Faraway Eyes, because I never knew it existed before I saw it.

Not sure if this is a clip as such, but whatever that one of Ain't too Proud to beg is, with Mick in full white tails and his moves always stick in my head.

And also MT's wussy purple hat in Till The Next time.

THis makes me remember, when we were in pub on the night after enmore, after the hard rock get together, the video juke box thing had brown sugar on, and what was the clip but friggin Ladies and Gents! This totally freaked me out that this somehow was on. Anyone know why this might be? I pointed it out at the time to exile i think. I'm sure I wasn't dreaming.

04-02-03 07:06 AM
elmolewis69 GIMME SHELTER at Pop goes the 60's 1969. It was used as promo as well.
04-02-03 07:15 AM
padre 1. Wild Horses from the Stripped sessions. Black and white, simple and beautiful.
2. Saint Of Me
3. Waiting On a Friend
04-02-03 07:20 AM
JaggaRichards She Was Hot

When will they put these out on DVD?????
04-02-03 08:13 AM
dealer squealing 1) Love Is Strong
2) Undercover
3) Far Away Eyes
04-02-03 09:50 AM
Ctiger2 Dead Flowers
Loving Cup
04-02-03 11:13 AM
Pattie
I haven�t seen the sex drive video either..
But my favorites are "waiting on a friend" and "mixed emotions"
04-02-03 11:43 AM
voodoopug if i had to rank em today

1. neighbors
2. Anybody seen my baby (just for ronnies monologue)
3. She was hot
4. Too Much Blood
5. One Hit
6. Mixed Emotions
7. OUt of Tears
8. Respectable
9. Waiting on a friend
10. Shes So Cold
04-02-03 12:42 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy The first twenty seconds of "Anybody Seen My Baby".

Oh, and "Sex Drive" and "She Was Hot" for liberal useage of Charlie.

-tSYX --- One hit to the body, comes straight from the hawt...
04-02-03 12:45 PM
Pattie
sexdrive sexdrive...Can someone fill me in on the content of this elusive video?
04-02-03 02:04 PM
Irresistible Lady 1- jumping jack flash
2-honky tonk women
3-undercover of the night
4-it's only rock'n roll
5-dead flowers/angie
04-02-03 02:35 PM
throbby Pattie wrote:

sexdrive sexdrive...Can someone fill me in on the content of this elusive video?

Charlie plays the rather sharp dressed psychoanalyst while Mick lays back on the couch singing about his sex drive issues. Lots of nude woman floating around in Mick's head. Near the end three or four lovely young ladies come in to help exorcize his sexual demons which requires the removal of some of his clothing. At the end I think Keith closes the curtain with a certain disgusted look on his face.
04-02-03 06:50 PM
Gazza dead flowers and loving cup? eh??

some of those arent really promos...the Brown sugar one is a live TV appearance....it wasnt used as a promo.

"Sex drive" video has 2 versions - theyre identical apart from the fact that the more frequently seen version features the girls in their underwear. There is,however, a "pie" version.

for me , most of my favourite Stones videos have a New york theme to them

Top 10 in no particular order apart from the first two:

1. Jumpin Jack Flash (theres 3 versions - the "warpaint" one that is the most familiar is the best one)
2. Anybody seen my baby (the original as opposed to the special effects one)
3. Love is strong
4. Far away eyes
5. waiting on a friend
6. neighbours
7. IORR
8. going to a go go (NOT the one with that hideous extra "dancing girls" footage)
9. Undercover
10. lady jane or any of the "have you seen your mother" promos

not sure if you can count the Gimme shelter one as its from a TV special (pop go the 60's) but Mick's live vocal is breathtaking
04-02-03 08:51 PM
Gimme Shelter They really do need to put out a DVD with all of this stuff.
04-02-03 09:38 PM
BILL PERKS IF ANYONE HAS A COPY OF SEX DRIVE,WORRIED ABOUT YOU,PLEASE LET ME KNOW.I'D MAIL A VHS TAPE PRONTO!
04-03-03 12:39 AM
gypsymofo60 I must apologise, I didn't know that it had to be an official release. RE: TOTPs 'Brown Sugar'. I thought Perks said video?
04-03-03 12:47 AM
TracyGene 3.She Was Hot. Very funny video

2.Undercover Of The Night. Very nicely done

1.JJF.(war paint version) Even Keith said it "was a pretty wicked video
04-03-03 12:49 AM
luridchief Ack! I need to see the video for FAR AWAY EYES . . . !
04-03-03 03:14 AM
dealer squealing Yah you got to see it it�s a brilliant video, Ronnie in good mood,Charlie is like he�s falling asleep, Mick like he�s taken to much of speed,Bill propaply thinking about some 12 year old girl and Keith is like some sleepless ghost absolute fantastic!!
04-03-03 04:30 AM
corgi37 1. Love is strong - Very original and cool. Love the song heaps
2. jj flash - b&w is great, but warpaint is the definitive.
3. Almost hear you sigh -Almost their best ballad, and very classy.
4. faraway eyes - Just the bees knees in my book. Charlie looks so strung out.
5. respectable - Awesome.
6. i go wild - song does nothing much for me, but the clip really shows the excitement and granduer of their stadium spectaculars. The crowd (argentina isnt it?) goes beserk.
7. sex drive - james brow rip-off, but its got t & a, so no problems there.
8. have you seen you mother baby - top riot scenes.
9. undercover - jagger getting assassinated - at least its not the usual clip.
10. going to a go-go - every time jagger runs to the side ramps with his arms flailing and the crowd goes bonkers, i cry. But, the studio scenes are shit (jaggers do is awful) and just who the fuck is the guy with the moustache in the audience?????? Looks like Ron Jeremy a bit.
04-03-03 03:14 PM
Gazza > But, the studio scenes are shit (jaggers do is awful) and just who the fuck is the guy with the moustache in the audience?????? Looks like Ron Jeremy a bit.

ROTFLOL..he fuckin' DOES. you're right!

04-03-03 03:21 PM
Pattie
Don�t you guys like "mixed emotions"? I think it�s great, Keith doing some soccer moves with a paper cup.
04-03-03 03:28 PM
Moonisup love is strong,

she was hot,

the old 60-ies demos

respectable

04-03-03 03:31 PM
Pattie
she was hot

that�s such a funny video.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003