ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Midnight Rambler at the B-Stage
Hartford Civic Center March 28, 1999
by Mrs. Throbby

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: About the next Summit... Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-01-03 09:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nanky and I were talking about this. We want to firm things up a bit.

Here is a questionaire that will help get this thing organized a little bit. If you are thinking of joining us at the next summit meeting, clip and paste the questionaire into a reply, and repost it with your answers.

1.) Nasty Habits has proposed that we meet up in Asheville. This is not the most convienent place to meet up. A couple of other options have been suggested. Do you think we should....

A. Have it in Asheville
B. have it in DC
C. have it in Chicago

2.) As for lodging, should we....

A. All stay at the same hotel
B. Stay wherever the hell we want

3.) Should the duration be....

A. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
B. Friday, and Saturday
C. Saturday, and Sunday.

4.) Should we do this on....

A. Labor Day weekend (Aug 29th)
B. Weekend of 9/5
C. Weekend of 9/12
D. Weekend of 9/19

5.) To help us get a general idea of a head count...

A. Count me in, whatever is decided
B. I will try to attend if I can get my schedule cleared
C. I can only attend if it is at a certain place, or a certain date
D. Who in their right mind would want to spend a weekend in the company of you smelly assholes! Count me OUT!

Thanks for your input.
04-01-03 09:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot One thing...in case the Stones come back to the USA this fall...I say we scrap the above, and do the MSG party again.

YOTI 2!
04-01-03 09:33 PM
Nasty Habits Honestly, although it would be cool to have you guys here, I can see a very solid argument for having the summit elsewhere. It does seem rather an out of the way place for all to go, and although Asheville is a gorgeous community there are not a lot of "stones" oriented things around town - once you've seen the Whizz, my house, and had drinks at Broadways, a shitty dive bar that has a few Stones boots from Whizz on the jukebox, you've pretty much taken the tour. Now, for two days, that's probably all you've really got to provide, but trust me, there are better props for a true Nolte-out in bigger cities -- more trouble to be had, more drinks to be drank (Asheville's clubs are 'private' and large amounts of people gaining access to bar liquor is a goddamn hassle). For those whom this matters: Asheville's Pie-terias are lousy - we are in the Bible belt and there's not that much demand for them, so for those whom a weekend of Stonesian debauchery might include sliding dollars in g-strings, I definitely woud say put your Washingtons elsewhere.

For me, my wife has this wedding 2 hours outside of Chicago she wants to go to on labor day weekend so I am up for

1. C
2. A
3. A
4. A
5. A

This can still be the ASS - now the Annual Stones Summit. This would just happen to be the CHIC ASS.

04-01-03 09:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 1.) Nasty Habits has proposed that we meet up in Asheville. This is not the most convienent place to meet up. A couple of other options have been suggested. Do you think we should....

D. It�s the same for me

Specially if we�re gonna have the Rocks Off girls!!! If this is the case I don�t care to share rooms or even beds

D. Weekend of 9/19

B. I will try to attend if I can get my schedule cleared
04-01-03 09:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Can't wait to get my rocks off and have my very own Summit Romance
04-01-03 10:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot
1.) Nasty Habits has proposed that we meet up in Asheville. This is not the most convienent place to meet up. A couple of other options have been suggested. Do you think we should....

B. have it in DC

C. Weekend of 9/12

A. Count me in, whatever is decided...unless the Stones come back to the US in the fall/winter. In that case we should have the summit at a show.
04-01-03 10:10 PM
MarthaMyDear You are sick... ROTFLOL!!! Here's a song inspired by Gerardo for the summit... ROTFLOL!!!

Summit loving, had me a blast
Summit loving, happened so fast
Met a girl, crazy for me
Met a boy, cute as can be

Summit days drifted away, but OH!!! OH!!! Those Su-uhmmit nights
OH, WELL, OH, WELL, OH WELL, OH-UH!!!
Tell me more, tell me more
Was it love at first sight?
Tell me more, tell me more
Did she put-up a fight???

Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh

ROTFLOL!!! CRACKING-UP!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
04-01-03 10:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot Voodoo...don't get any crazy ideas. I like you, but I don't LIKE you like you. LOL!
04-01-03 10:18 PM
MarthaMyDear It's too late, SS... He's in love with you and he wants you BADLY now... Just kidding... Jesus... I think there must have been something in my fucking coffee earlier... LOL!!! I can't stop laughing and being WIERD!!! ROTFLOL!!! Must find-out what was in coffee... LOL!!! Cracking-up... ROTFLOL!!! Don't pay attention!!! ROTFLOL!!!

*** Martha ***
04-01-03 11:32 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Can't wait to get my rocks off and have my very own Summit Romance

Gerardo, always living life to the extreme. Yes!!
The only romancing you'll be doing at the summit is with tequila in one hand and Heineken in the other.

Since I can't cut and paste on this MSN TV my answers are:

1. C
2. A
3. A
4. D
5. A

Rick
04-01-03 11:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Maxmeister wrote:
Gerardo, always living life to the extreme. Yes!!
The only romancing you'll be doing at the summit is with tequila in one hand and Heineken in the other.

Wait, and a joint in my mouth and errrhhh one of the Rocks off girls in my... mmmmh.... errr... what's left? LOL
04-02-03 12:01 AM
Riffhard

B. have it in DC

A. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday-even though I could probably only make it Sat-Sun. Still it ought to be a three day weekend. That way more people could ink in at least two days if not three.

4.) Should we do this on.... I'm open for offers. If not up for grabs.

B. I will try to attend if I can get my schedule cleared_ If I can make this summit,I'll be there with bells on. However,I'll never admit that I ever attended. I've got to keep up appearances.

SS,your right though. If there is a CHANCE FOR YOTI 2. I'm in like Flynn!

Riffhard

04-02-03 07:53 AM
Factory Girl Have it in DC! Stay at the same centrally located hotel!

Attend the Kiss-Aeroshit show! Have Adult entertainers!

OOPS, I got carried away...
04-02-03 08:10 AM
scope Here you go:

1.) B - DC (although I was looking forward to Asheville, and the ride down in the big ASS convertible)

2.) A - same hotel

3.) A - 3 days

4.) Any date but NOT Labor day weekend

5.) A - I'm in, with the same recommendation about another MSG show. Although it would be YOTI 3, but without SS, YOTI 2 was a little tame and therefore shouldn't really count.

04-02-03 08:19 AM
Maxlugar Here's my ansers:

1) B

2) A

3) A

4) C

5) B

My availablity is dependant on my wife being able to get her mother over to help with the Maxlette.

04-02-03 09:16 AM
luxury1 Let's see,--boys, boys, and more boys. Can you say bon-fire? Can you say Pivot Man?
04-02-03 09:26 AM
nankerphelge Don't you know we need a woman's touch to make it come alive!
04-02-03 10:15 AM
Joey 2000 Man says he wants to hold the next summit in Cleveland conjoining with the Steely Dan show there this summer ...........................

Developing .................

JACKY !

04-02-03 10:24 AM
FPM C10
1.) I was looking forward to the big ASS convertible ride too, but DC is closer. Chicago's a toddlin'town (what the hell DOES that mean anyway?) but too far away.

so...B....it

I'll bring a big cardboard box along and sleep on the steam grate in front of the hotel. B

so as many people as possible can make it.

no preference

A. Count me in, whatever is decided

All of these answers are dependent on the world not having ended in the interim.

04-02-03 10:32 AM
jb I am looking forward to the summitt..Chicago would be nice and the Four Seasons would be a perfect setting.....I will bring my tuxedo.
04-02-03 10:56 AM
Joey

< ------ You are correct JB !

Gotta go with Chicago !

Me too little buddy ................Chicago it is !

Joey
04-02-03 11:39 AM
parmeda
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Chicago's a toddlin'town (what the hell DOES that mean anyway?).

Here, FPM...does this help?

CHICAGO
Artist: Frank Sinatra
Written by: Fred Fisher

Chicago, Chicago, that toddlin' town
Chicago, Chicago, I will show you around - I love it
Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago
Chicago, the town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down

On State Street, that great street, I just want to say
They do things they don't do on Broadway
They have the time, the time of their life
I saw a man, he danced with his wife
In Chicago, Chicago, my home town

Chicago, Chicago, that toddlin' town
Chicago, Chicago, I'll show you around - I love it
Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago
Chicago, the town that Billy Sunday could not shut down

On State Street, that great street, I just want to say
They do things that they never do on Broadway - hey
They have the time, the time of their life
I saw a man, and he danced with his wife
In Chicago, Chicago, Chicago, that's my home town

NOTE: Billy Sunday was a baseball player-turned-evangelist who preached against alcohol and other
vices.

[Edited by parmeda]
04-02-03 12:53 PM
TomL 1)B
2)A
3)C
4)Any date
5)A

Love to take part in my first one.
04-02-03 12:54 PM
Factory Girl Thank you, parmeda. I love Frank.
04-02-03 01:41 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Thank you, parmeda. I love Frank.

Do you have "Live in Australia 1959" with the Red Norvo Quintet? That is REALLY great.

Frank's output is too massive and varied for me to claim to be an across-the-board BIG fan, but the stuff I like I LOVE and this is way up the list. Same with his film career - some of it's so-so, but the GOOD stuff (like From Here To Eternity, Manchurian Candidate and Man With The Golden Arm) more than makes up for the bad stuff.

I STILL don't know what a toddlin' town is. I mean, I knew where the quote was from, but I'm picturing a city in diapers learning to walk and falling down a lot.

Maybe it WOULD be an appropriate place for a summit, as that describes the C10 pretty well.
04-02-03 02:03 PM
Joey " Maybe it WOULD be an appropriate place for a summit, as that describes the C10 pretty well. "

<----- Hey , I resemble that remark !

Me too little fella........................

Bunny Joe
04-02-03 02:32 PM
parmeda
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I STILL don't know what a toddlin' town is. I mean, I knew where the quote was from, but I'm picturing a city in diapers learning to walk and falling down a lot.

Maybe it WOULD be an appropriate place for a summit, as that describes the C10 pretty well.

LOL! Okay FPM, I'll try this again...
What, Exactly, Is A Toddlin' Town?
The song says Chicago is a "Toddlin' Town". Well one of the songs does, anyway. The other one says it is "My Kinda Town", which undoubtedly, the C10 would find to be true. But "Toddlin'"...according to Merriam-Webster the definition of Toddle is:
1: to walk with short tottering steps in the manner of a young child
2: to take a stroll
So, since the temperature during the winter months is usually in the low teens and whatever else Chicago may be, it is most certainly the "Windy City". "Toddling", most definately is not a desirable endeavor. (Trust me, just ask sirmoonie...) Rest assured, the remainder of the year...you can "toddle" to your hearts content and find virtually ANYTHING within walking, or shall I say stumbling, distance.
04-02-03 02:57 PM
Factory Girl FPM, no I don't own that Frank recording...feel free to change that fact...lol.

One of my fave Frank songs is "The Summer Wind". If you recall, it was in the movie "The Pope of Greenwich Village" with Mickey Rourke.
04-02-03 03:08 PM
luxury1 Yes, FG--with Eric Roberts too!! Playing stickball in the park. Great scene. I love that film.
04-02-03 03:14 PM
Fiji Joe Kansas City...middle of the country, great blues scene and barbecue...and the airport could not be less crowded
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003