ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Midnight Rambler at the B-Stage
Hartford Civic Center March 28, 1999
by Mrs. Throbby

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let's do a Stones album? Return to archive
04-01-03 02:43 PM
vampire I think the guys should release an album with less known songs. Forty Licks is nice but....argh! everyone has those. On the other hand, "b-sides" in some cases are kept as hard to find itens. So, here're my suggestions, please, add yours!

Let It Rock
Sad Day
Through The Lonely Nights
I Think I'm Going Mad
Cook Cook Blues
Wish I'd Never Met You
Highwire
Sex drive
The Storm
Jump On Top Of Me
Anyway You Look At It
Keys To Your Love
Losing My Touch
04-01-03 03:00 PM
Doxa Why Highwire? It�s relevant (but let�s not discuss it here) but is A side of single and an album track?

But let me add:

Who�s Driving Your Plane?
Fortune Teller
Long Long While
Con Le Me Lacrime.. (or something like that; As Tears Go By in Italian
Everything�s Turning to Gold
I Just Want To Make Love To You (live 1991)
Play With Fire (Live 1991)
Stoned
I Want To Be Loved
When The Whip Comes Down (live, Sucking in the Seventies)
I Were a Dancer (Dance pt. 2)

Doxa

04-01-03 03:03 PM
Doxa And if we find forty of them will we call it "Forty Sicks" or "Forty Sucks"?

Doxa
04-01-03 03:11 PM
J.J.Flash Yep Doxa, damn right! Add Fortune Teller! Ass kicker!! I love this!! What great song!
Cheers!
04-01-03 03:27 PM
vampire
quote:
Doxa wrote:
Why Highwire? It�s relevant (but let�s not discuss it here) but is A side of single and an album track?
(...)

I have two copies of Flashpoint (made in US and made in Brazil) any one with a different version of Highwire, that's why. But feel free to remove/add tracks as
you prefer
04-01-03 03:59 PM
J.J.Flash Vampire, I think the guys here had done previously the "40 Boot Licks". I don't know. I think this was a Marko's project. Ask him!
Cheers!
04-01-03 04:07 PM
egon
quote:
vampire wrote:
Brazil) any one with a different version of Highwire,

plse explain. how different?
04-01-03 05:07 PM
vampire
quote:
egon wrote:

plse explain. how different?

Ooops, sorry there,
Actually the different song is Sex Drive. The US CD has the original song (lenght 5�07), the brazilian (reissued in 2001) has a "remix" with 4�27.
No any identification about who did the remix.
And, if helps you, the remix beggining with Mick screamin `heeeey" and then comes the drums.

04-01-03 06:30 PM
Mr T I got a better idea.... how about the Stones just do an album....

My wish is that while their waiting for the tour to get back on track - since they won't be playing for a while - that they spend a little time polishing some of those Paris tracks they did in 2002 (or totally new ones - I have nothing against that) - just get as much as they can so the record can come out ASAP & we wont have too much downtime between the Licks tour & their next project
04-01-03 06:59 PM
100 Years Ago [quote]Mr T wrote:
I got a better idea.... how about the Stones just do an album....

yes a new platter from the boys is crucial at this point, but with all this road time though i wouldn't hold my breath for anything before '04 at the earliest
04-02-03 12:39 AM
Madafaka Who wanna do "40 boots licks"?
04-02-03 01:30 AM
Yyteri Beach Great idea of collecting less known but still ass-kicking songs into one boxset. JJF and HTW etc. have been released zillion times in different compilations so something like this would be really welcomed.

Who's driving your plane? is a marvelous piece of work. Should be included.
And Sway of course - one of my favourite tunes (nevertheless Keith doesn't play in it) but just listen the words, the rhythm and most of all Mick T's solo. Marvelous.
04-02-03 02:04 PM
marko Who wanna do "40 boots licks"?

hah don�t get me started!
04-03-03 12:10 AM
Madafaka
quote:
marko wrote:
Who wanna do "40 boots licks"?

hah don�t get me started!

That's a good idea Marko
04-03-03 05:15 AM
Yyteri Beach Forty LIVE

MUST songs in it:
Jumpin' Jack Flash (28th November 1969, 1st show) GS version
Midnight Rambler (28th November 1969, 2nd show) GYYYO version
Satisfaction (28th November 1969, 2nd show) Sadly the Gimme shelter version is an edit from two shows. Otherwise THAT would have been the one.
Under My Thumb (5th November 1981) OR (6th December 1969)
Start Me Up (18th December 1981)
We Want The Stones/Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/Pain In My Heart (Got LIVE version from 1965 tour)

what else comes into your mind???
04-04-03 02:36 AM
marko 40-boot licks?thats all new york shows alone.LOL!
04-04-03 05:03 AM
luxury1 Come on marko--you started it--now you must finish it! How bout Criss Cross Man??
[Edited by luxury1]
04-04-03 04:12 PM
Kjell This is already done on the Japanese album : "Gathers no moss" (1977) and maybe the bootleg "the black box".
But if ya got nothing to do why not. When i lived far up north in Sweden in the old days and i already shoot al the elks, i used to put odd B-sides on a tape and think of Beautiful Delilah. So maybe it's not such a bad idea after all.
Kjell
[Edited by Kjell]
04-05-03 11:05 AM
marko hah,,hmmm?i could a a tree,best of new york or so,,,but
that would happen during the fall!
04-06-03 05:48 AM
Madafaka First of all, I'm waiting for 40 Years In Bussiness!
I'm very anxious!
[Edited by Madafaka]
04-06-03 06:36 AM
marko Ok,,,got your cdr�s!gonna burn them in next days!
04-06-03 02:39 PM
Madafaka
quote:
marko wrote:
Ok,,,got your cdr�s!gonna burn them in next days!

Thank you very much Marko! You're the best

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003