ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Midnight Rambler at the B-Stage
Hartford Civic Center March 28, 1999
by Mrs. Throbby

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wondering Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-01-03 02:28 PM
Irresistible Lady i whas wondering who know eachother in real live...here on rocks off,i mean if you seen the person in real.. I'm knowing Magic Woman,Moon is up and Strange stray cat..
04-01-03 02:29 PM
magicwoman i know moonisup strange stray cat and irressistible lady
04-01-03 02:34 PM
Scot Rocks Im from just outside Glasgow in Scotland

cheers

Mark

Shit, lol i just noticed i totally missed the question, no don't know anyone in real life, hope to meet some of the cats here in the euro leg of the tour though

[Edited by Scot Rocks]
04-01-03 03:11 PM
Doxa I don�t know anyone. I'm a lonely person from a frozen country.

Doxa
04-01-03 03:49 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Irresistible Lady wrote:
i whas wondering who know eachother in real live...

Well, some days I wonder what REAL life is, but me and Sir Stonesalot have been friends for at least 17 or 18 years, and I've met Nankerphelge many times,Maxlugar several times; they, along with Joey, Maxmeister, Sirmoonie, Steel Drivin' Hammer, and Marko, (and 2000 Man, who doesn't post here)had a fantastic time in Cleveland in 2001 and have thenceforth been known as "The C10". SS, Maxy and I met Riffhard at the Stones' press conference in May '02.

In NYC in Sept '02, I had the pleasure of meeting Jaxx, AZQB~, Scope, and Gazza.

You see, a lot of us have met each other in real life, and it is ALWAYS a great time.

Oh, and one other thing...when we meet, we all wear black thongs, wooden shoes with stilleto heels, and nothing else. That way we can recognize each other in a crowd.

Hope we get to meet you soon!
04-01-03 04:01 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Well, some days I wonder what REAL life is, but me and Sir Stonesalot have been friends for at least 17 or 18 years, and I've met Nankerphelge many times,Maxlugar several times; they, along with Joey, Maxmeister, Sirmoonie, Steel Drivin' Hammer, and Marko, (and 2000 Man, who doesn't post here)had a fantastic time in Cleveland in 2001 and have thenceforth been known as "The C10". SS, Maxy and I met Riffhard at the Stones' press conference in May '02.

In NYC in Sept '02, I had the pleasure of meeting Jaxx, AZQB~, Scope, and Gazza.

You see, a lot of us have met each other in real life, and it is ALWAYS a great time.

Oh, and one other thing...when we meet, we all wear black thongs, wooden shoes with stilleto heels, and nothing else. That way we can recognize each other in a crowd.

Hey Cheers Jon but you always spell my name WRONG! LOL!

It's just how Chuck Berry writes it, " steel driving hammer "

But Theater / Theatre Tomato / TomAto Keef / Keaf whats the diff I guess? It's all the same.

Haven't got the Guinness Cans yet, the Bottles are still on sale...
But the writing on the bottle says, "Drink from the Bottle"
04-01-03 04:09 PM
L&A
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

That's a great one, FPM C10
04-01-03 04:18 PM
FPM C10
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
But the writing on the bottle says, "Drink from the Bottle"

Don't believe everything you read. That writing was put there by Al Qeida in a dastardly attempt to undermine Western Civilization's most cherished institution.

Would you drink WINE out of the bottle? Even if it said you should on the label?

Half the fun of drinking Guinness is sitting there looking at it for four minutes before you drink it. Talk to it. Tell it how pretty it is, how creamy and frothy.

The waiting builds character, in the drinker AND the drinkee. And the drunk!

I see from your avatar that you're wearing your hair differently these days. Looks good! You clean up nice!
04-01-03 05:10 PM
nankerphelge We wear black thongs and stiletto-heel wooden shoes, and nothing else so we can spot each other quickly?

Oh!

Didn't know that.
04-01-03 05:26 PM
stonedinaustralia i met fmk and exile from RO along with stonesjuno and stonesmalf from shidoobee back in february

i'm hoping to meet a lot more ROers at the ASS but my attendance, or not, at that (what i'm sure will be an) august and prestigious gathering is still up in the air at this stage
04-01-03 06:33 PM
exile YES I met fmk and stoned in Australia on the Australian leg of the tour

great to put a face to names

04-01-03 07:15 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
We wear black thongs and stiletto-heel wooden shoes, and nothing else so we can spot each other quickly?

Oh!

Didn't know that.

(whispered in a conspiritorial manner so they can't hear us over in Holland) Play along, Nank!

YES, yes, of course, YOU REMEMBER...we ALWAYS wear black thongs and stilleto-heel wooden shoes! And if, say, any really cute Dutch girls would come over to meet us sometime, we wouldn't be able to recognize them unless THEY did the SAME. Get it? I mean, remember?
04-01-03 07:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot I think back to how many people from the boards that I've met, and I am amazed.

Like FPM said...he & I have known each other for what seems like forever.

A couple of people he failed to mention...Glencar/Blue, dandelion*, and Sugar Blue/Torn & Frayed. I've also met Stonesdoug on several occasions. And I also got to meet up with Luxury1, and who could forget THAT!

You know what is odd about meeting these people? The fact that you just lapse into a comfortable easiness with them. You are complete strangers and old friends at the same time. Quite a unique situation.

The worst part about these meetings...is that they end WAY too soon!

04-01-03 07:23 PM
Jaxx this thread is so timely. the 4th anniversary of hooking up in real space with voodoo and gazza was just last week! happy anniversary, guys. i have also had the pleasure of meeting and partying with azqb and her hottie hubby, luxury1, dandelion, fpm, maxlugar, scope, honkeytonk man, maxmeister and his wife, sir moonie and his sarcasm, ladybear, keno, joey, nankerphelge, sir stonesalot, riffhard and his lovely wife, stonesdoug, danthetaper man, and marilyn. preshow summits help out tremendously. imo, the rocks off crowd consists of folks of wealth and taste--in other words, a classy bunch.
04-01-03 07:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot ...oh yeah, and one other thing. The black thong and stilleto heels thing puts everyone completely at ease. It's like when you are in front of a bunch of people to do some public speaking and you imagine everyone is sitting there in their skivvies....it makes everyone a little less nervous.

That, and you know that no one has a concealed weapon.

I just got an Iggy Pop show from San Francisco in '81 on video...he does the whole show in a black leather jacket, no shirt, a black nylon mini skirt, garter belt, and black thigh length nylons. The crowd was put quite at ease.
04-01-03 07:42 PM
Jaxx see? thongs, stilletos, how much classier can you get. talk about exploring your androgenous side....lol
[Edited by Jaxx]
04-01-03 08:06 PM
nankerphelge SS wrote:

You know what is odd about meeting these people? The fact that you just lapse into a comfortable easiness with them. You are complete strangers and old friends at the same time. Quite a unique situation.

--

That's no bullshit! All walks of life, different countries, varied interests, the whole range of ages, men, women, and Joey too -- it just doesn't matter! You get together and it is just the greatest time.

MUST HAVE A SUMMIT....

04-02-03 01:08 AM
MarthaMyDear I have met Gazza (God, what a pain in the arse he can be!!! JUST KIDDING!!! LAUGHING!!! ROTFLOL!!! ) and Stonesdoug and alot of people who mostly post on Shidoobee like Torn And Frayed, Toronto Tom, Moondog (WHO was kind of enough to get me into Mick's solo show here in L.A.), Tongue Lady, Stones Juno, Stones Malf, BJORNULF (by accident/out of the blue, which was cool... Nice guy!!! ), some people from the Undercover Mailing List briefly (names???), the nice folks in Venice Beach whom Gazza stayed with while he was here, and I have talked with Marilyn, Gerardo, Jaxx, and Gazza on the phone and Irina is my best online girlfriend of whom I owe alot of emails to but I have been really burnt-out on emailing lately and working alot so that is why, but now I'm not so she'll be hearing from me SOON!!! lol............................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I can't wait to meet some of you in London and, HOPEFULLY, all of you at some point!!! CHEERS!!!

*** Martha ***
04-02-03 01:58 PM
Irresistible Lady wow i really want to meet a'll of you,but one thing i'm not going in only a black thong and stilleto wooden shoes hahahaha....it is funny..
04-02-03 02:06 PM
littleredrooster I haven't met too many RO members in the flesh as of yet!

I hope to meet some in Holland and the UK this August!
04-02-03 02:12 PM
Irresistible Lady i will be with magic woman 19th august in "The Amsterdam Arena" in Amsterdam...i don't know wich concert you take?
04-02-03 02:17 PM
magicwoman actually i never seen stiletto wooden shoes
here in holland
04-02-03 02:21 PM
littleredrooster I'll be at Amsterdam on the 19th after Ahoy and Vredenburg!

Hope to see you!
Look for the same photo on a T shirt, same as my avatar!
04-02-03 03:38 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Irresistible Lady wrote:
wow i really want to meet a'll of you,but one thing i'm not going in only a black thong and stilleto wooden shoes

Well, ok...you can wear a hat too.

04-02-03 03:45 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Well, ok...you can wear a hat too.

Just like Joe Cocker says!

"Baby take off your dress, you can leave your hat on"

Great song btw.
04-03-03 03:50 PM
Irresistible Lady no way hahaha...i'm not a pin up or something...that kind off stuff is only for my boy friend{s}
04-03-03 04:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well hell, we'll be your boyfriends for the evening.

No big deal. Personally, I'd be willing to be the boyfriend of any Rocks Off chick...even if it's just for an hour or two...even if we're both married...whatever.
04-03-03 05:00 PM
Joey " Half the fun of drinking Guinness is sitting there looking at it for four minutes before you drink it. Talk to it. Tell it how pretty it is, how creamy and frothy.

The waiting builds character, in the drinker AND the drinkee. And the drunk! "

That is it ...............I'M going out tonight ! See ya at the " Brazen Head " arounf 9:00 PM Jon .................and NO THONG !

STONES !

JACKY !
04-03-03 05:33 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

That is it ...............I'M going out tonight ! See ya at the " Brazen Head " around 9:00 PM Jon .................and NO THONG !

STONES !

JACKY !

Whaaaat? You expect me to go out WITHOUT a thong? Next thing you know, you'll tell me to leave the stiletto-heel wooden shoes at home!

Seriously, though, I wish we did have a cozy corner bar down the street from all of us where we could meet in the evening and get sideways.

04-03-03 05:42 PM
Zeeta Joey why JR on your posts??!!

No probs but why!?
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003