ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Midnight Rambler at the B-Stage
Hartford Civic Center March 28, 1999
by Mrs. Throbby

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ZZ TOP and Stones in Helsinki Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-26-03 05:20 AM
Juha

ZZ Top will be the opening act for the Stones in Helsinki.

03-26-03 06:31 AM
Nellcote Must haved been that purple guitar Keith got from Billy Gibbons....
03-26-03 08:07 AM
padre SWEEEEET! Starting to sound like the -81 Tour...
03-26-03 08:11 AM
nankerphelge That'll be one fun show!

marko can wear his Goldilocks wig!

Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed crazy bastard!!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
03-26-03 08:13 AM
L&A Great for Helsinki ! Live, they are really good !
03-26-03 02:13 PM
vampire what a decadence.
ZZ top? Can't believe it
03-27-03 01:02 AM
Yyteri Beach This is great news.
And according to papers Helsinki is the only place where ZZ Top will play with The Stones.

Looking for it.

"She don't love me, she loves my automobile..."
03-27-03 07:30 AM
Doxa Yyteri Beach, a nice nick. Did you were there actually, in Pori Midsummer 1965?

Doxa
03-27-03 08:35 AM
Yyteri Beach Hi Doxa, unfortunately I'm too young. I was born in a crossfire hurricane... sorry, I mean 1970 ;-)

It would have been a great show to attend: midsummer, on the beach, sun still shining nevertheless it's almost midnight. Well, I can't always get what I want....

03-27-03 08:37 AM
Yyteri Beach I forgot to say thanks Doxa about commenting on my nick. BTW, I'm originally from Pori but the last years I've been living in Helsinki (work work work).

What does Doxa mean?
03-27-03 11:55 AM
Doxa Hi Yyteri;

"Doxa" is an ancient greek word for a weaker concept of knowing, a belief without proper justification, while "Episteme" is true justified belief, a knowledge in a strong sense of the word; I think I have lots of "doxa", but not much "episteme".. And BTW I am from Turku but I live nowadays in Tampere, and you know how much those two cities love each other..

Doxa
03-27-03 12:05 PM
padre Seems to be an invasion of the Finns around here! Kippis!
03-27-03 12:16 PM
Doxa "Seems to be an invasion of the Finns around here! Kippis!"

Yeah, kippis for that! Shit, I even started to talk about the winter war in the other thread. Jeez, what a fool I am...

Doxa
03-28-03 11:29 AM
padre
quote:
Doxa wrote:
Shit, I even started to talk about the winter war in the other thread. Jeez, what a fool I am...
Doxa

Whoa, now that's spooky...The winter war must have got a huge conversation here!
03-28-03 03:34 PM
glencar I hope the Finns have a good time at the Stones/ZZ Top show. Hopefully someone will record it.
03-28-03 03:34 PM
glencar Winter war? That thing with the Soviet Union? You guys did well!
03-29-03 03:38 AM
padre Hell Yeah! We kicked the Soviet butt!
03-29-03 04:31 AM
luxury1 I saw ZZ Top once, and they were the loudest live act ever to blast my eardrums. But I loved it--they are as good live as on their recordings.
03-29-03 12:21 PM
parmeda Helsinki is in for a treat!

Tickets go on sale here tomorrow for the "Hell Raisers & Beer Drinkers Tour" May 24th featuring ZZ Top, Ted Nuggent (urghhh)& Kenny Wayne Shepherd (eh)...

I'm there!
04-01-03 06:34 AM
Yyteri Beach Well, Doxa, Turku and Tampere really loves each other... NOT. It's the same with Turku vs. Helsinki or Pori vs. Rauma.

I hope somebody'll record the gig: possibly a 3 CD set "The Stones and ZZ Top".

it's great to see so many us Finns around here in this forum. SUOMI PERKELE... :-)

cheers
04-01-03 09:16 AM
marko hahha finish bastards!
04-01-03 09:31 AM
Doxa Hey, my fellow Finnish bastards, do you think that the Stones is a big thing in Finland? Can we call Finland a Stonesland? You know, some hard facts: Forty licks just hit number 10 in for one week in the charts (just compare that to Elvis or to Beatles or even to Popeda); there is totally ONE gold record in Finland (for Steel Wheels). It is no wonder that the Stones didn't play in Finland between 1970 and 1995. Whadda you think?

Doxa
04-01-03 09:40 AM
marko A stones country?i don�t think so,this is erkki the wanky
and his tired hands country.
People are listening kids music,or old folks music.We drink
lots of booze and listen to m� oon rekkamies,,,YIKES.
04-01-03 09:47 AM
padre Before ZZ TOP was announced to be the warm up band, 11 000 tickets were still unsold for the gig! There was even a rumour that if the tickets won't sell better, the gig might get canceled.
Welcome, Las Ketchup!
04-01-03 09:57 AM
Doxa Right, marko. The big thing here in summer is the two Springsteen stadion concerts which were sold out in few ours. The Stones hasn�t sell out yet. Maybe it will soon, because of ZZ Top. I truly think that ZZ Top has sold more records than the Stones here - the beard guys were really popular in the dark eighties. Something wrong with our music taste.

But there�s nothing wrong with booze drinking... a nice national hobby.

Doxa
04-01-03 10:23 AM
marko Las Tomatoes in my arse!well,ticket prices are too high,thats one of the reasons people don�t buy tix.In fact
i�m having REAL hard time to find cash for Juha,damn munich
tic!
04-02-03 01:25 AM
Yyteri Beach I agree that the tickets are too expensive. Was it 50 Euros to a shitty place at the back and over 100 Euros to a place near the stage. I remember in 98 gig it was approx. 50 Euros to near the stage.

Maybe ZZ Top now attracts more people into the stadium.

I even had a dream that there were only handful of people watching the Stones in an empty stadium :-) A real nightmare...

I have always wondered why a majority of people are listening such shite bands and artists (TATU, Gimmel, Eminem, etc etc) when there are lots of good stuff around?

04-02-03 07:16 AM
marko Only because radios don�t play anyhting else,todays radios
are making people to idiots.
04-02-03 08:30 AM
padre Thank God we got Radio Helsinki. I think they play a Stones song every morning (17 times during the last month says their homepage). The Stones are 15th on their TOP 40 playlist! And excellent specials on Mick Taylor-era, etc...Radio Helsinki rules!!!
04-02-03 08:34 AM
marko yep padre,and thats the only one.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003