ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pearl Jam news (nsc) Return to archive
5th April 2006 03:12 PM
Saint Sway looks like they are going to be opening for Tom Petty this summer. Tix will be made available thru the ten club.
5th April 2006 03:13 PM
lotsajizz should be the other way 'round---I'm seeing Peal Jam at the Gahden this May...in fact, I just checked both artist's websites and Pollstar and Ticketbastard, they say no such thing....Peal Jam is playing their own tour through June and then goes to Europe in August....what's your source?
[Edited by lotsajizz]
5th April 2006 03:13 PM
Break The Spell I'd definately like to catch this tour. I believe tom's new album will be "solo" even though the heartbreakers usually play on all his albums anyway.
5th April 2006 03:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
looks like they are going to be opening for Tom Petty this summer. Tix will be made available thru the ten club.

the charm of a PJ show for me is the long setlists and the wide variety of songs...as an opening band.....Not good. Thankfully I have tickets to some shows where they are the headliner!
5th April 2006 03:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
should be the other way 'round---I'm seeing Peal Jam at the Gahden this May...in fact, I just checked both artist's websites and Pollstar and Ticketbastard, they say no such thing....Peal Jam is playing their own tour through June and then goes to Europe in August....what's your source?
[Edited by lotsajizz]

this wont be officially announced until next week. But its a go. PJ landed a few spots opening TP. No word yet as to who will open the other dates.

agree w/you btw about PJ opening. Their full length shows are the 2nd best bang for your buck right now.
5th April 2006 03:24 PM
Nellcote Email from Tom Petty ticket email I received today...

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers will be touring this summer. The final schedule
will not be available until next week at which time you will be notified.
Meanwhile we want you to be the first to know that the tour which celebrates the
bands 30th anniversary and will start on June 9, will include some dates with
some very special friends and opening acts. For example we can confirm that
Pearl Jam will be on two Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers shows in St Paul at the
Excel Arena on June 26 and 27 and also two shows in Denver at the Pepsi Center
on July 2 and 3.

There will be more shows with Pearl Jam and other exciting announcements will
follow. Presales and other special opportunities for Tom Petty and the
Heartbreaker’s fans will be available so please stay tuned and keep checking
TomPetty.Com for details.

You have probably read that a new Tom Petty album will be released this summer.
Although there is no official release date confirmed yet, Highway Companion will
be released in July.

5th April 2006 03:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the charm of a PJ show for me is the long setlists and the wide variety of songs...as an opening band.....Not good. Thankfully I have tickets to some shows where they are the headliner!

agreed!

but even a 45 minute set from them is good (see: opening for Stones '05/'97 - Wino's '93)
5th April 2006 03:34 PM
voodoopug four dates (all Denver/St. Paul I believe) are the dates with PJ and Petty confirmed via ten club.
5th April 2006 03:37 PM
Joey

" The Who European Tour - Updated "

Hers is the complete schedule (as of today), which is likely to be the final list of dates (give or take a show being added) in Europe on this leg of the tour.

JUNE
18 Brighton Centre, England
25 O2 Wireless Festival - Leeds, England
28 Bristol City Football Club, England
30 Werchter Festival - Belgium
JULY
2 Hyde Park Calling Festival - London Hyde Park, England
3 Beaulieu Motor Museum - Hampshire, England
5 Liverpool Docks, England
6 Liverpool Docks, England
8 Oxegen Festival, Dublin, Eire
9 T In The Park Festival, Scotland
11 Bonn Museumplatz, Germany
12 Berlin Wuhleide, Germany
15 Sporting Club, Monte Carlo
17 Vienne Theatre Antique (near Lyon), France
18 Metz Amneville Arena, France
22 Lovely Days Festival, St Polten, Austria
23 Cathedral Square, Ulm, Germany
26 Palais St Jordi, Barcelona, Spain
27 Sports Palace, Madrid, Spain

5th April 2006 03:45 PM
Saint Sway Pugs I know that PJ is one of your favs. Just curious, what bands other than Stones, U2 and PJ do you go to see live?
5th April 2006 03:46 PM
GimmeExile I saw Pearl Jam open for the Stones in Pittsburgh last fall and they played for almost 90 minutes. The whole stadium was filled for them, which is extremely rare for any opening act. Great setlist, too--not just your usual greatest hits.
5th April 2006 03:46 PM
Spru I thought TP was opening for PJ? I read that on rollingstone.com I think. Also PJ announced Leg 2 of their US Tour today or yesterday.
5th April 2006 03:51 PM
lotsajizz Pearl Jam has about two weeks open in June and all of July open--I guess that's when they'' do this. A shame, I saw 'em do three sets once in Mansfield, Mass. back in '03--they are worthy of the longer set IMHO

but Petty is one of those guys who gets better with age...

rock on...

5th April 2006 04:08 PM
CraigP Anyone have tickets to Boston for P/J
5th April 2006 07:27 PM
Spru Here's what it says on RollingStone.com:

Pearl Jam Take It "World Wide"

PEARL JAM have announced a second leg of their summer U.S. tour, with TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS, SONIC YOUTH and former GUIDED BY VOICES frontman ROBERT POLLARD opening on select dates. The tour, in support of their self-titled album, due May 2nd, kicks off June 23rd in Pittsburgh, and will close July 22nd in George, Washington. The album's first single, "World Wide Suicide," is currently Number One on Billboard's modern rock chart.
5th April 2006 07:41 PM
corgi37 Thats rich. #1 on Billboards "Modern rock charts".

Pearl Jam?
Modern rock?

hahahahahahahhahahahahaha
6th April 2006 12:15 AM
mmdog
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I saw Pearl Jam open for the Stones in Pittsburgh last fall and they played for almost 90 minutes. The whole stadium was filled for them, which is extremely rare for any opening act. Great setlist, too--not just your usual greatest hits.

It was 55 minutes actually. They came on 30 minutes late, but the stadium was pretty full by halfway through their set.
6th April 2006 06:52 AM
Break The Spell "Modern rock" seems like a pretty broad title. When I look at those charts, it seems that modern rock refers to any rock band whose debut came out after 1990.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)