ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Man arrested for Listening the the Clash! Return to archive
5th April 2006 10:02 AM
Scot Rocks what next?!

The Clash spark terror alert
Man pulled off plane for music taste

The Clash and Led Zeppelin's music sparked a terror alert on an aeroplane, it has emerged.

Harraj Mann from Hartlepool was pulled off a London-bound flight at Durham Tees Valley Airport on March 30. He was questioned under the Terrorism Act after it's believed his choice of music made a taxi driver suspicious.

Mann was able to play his own music through the cab's stereo on the way to his flight, but it seems the driver did not approve.

"I played Procol Harum's 'A Whiter Shade Of Pale' first, which the taxi man liked," Mann explained. "I figured he liked the classics, so I put on Led Zeppelin's 'Immigrant Song'. Then, since I was going to London, I played The Clash ('London Calling') and finished up with 'Nowhere Man' by The Beatles. He didn't like Led Zeppelin or The Clash, but I don't think there was any need to tell the police."

It seems The Clash's lyrics which include "War is declared and battle come down", alarmed the cabbie who alerted police, while Led Zeppelin's line about "The hammer of the gods will rive our ship to new lands, to fight the horde", probably didn't help either.

Durham Police then acted on "information received" but admitted "by the time it was established the man did not pose a security risk, the plane had taken off", The Mirror reports.

Mann, however, said he saw the funny side of the incident, telling his local newspaper the Hartlepool Mail: "I was laughing about it, but all my mates are absolutely furious. It's just left me bemused. I can agree that there's a culture of fear. They acted on the information they had. I'm just frustrated that it happened to me. It's a mystery."

http://www.nme.com/news/clash/22697
5th April 2006 10:25 AM
Gazza ++++++++++++BLANK FRIGGIN' STARE+++++++++++++++++++++
5th April 2006 10:44 AM
FPM C10 That is...um....man, I don't even know WHAT that is, but I'd like to know how that cabbie could figure out the lyrics to "Immigrant Song". I never knew he was saying "Hammer of the Gods" until I saw Jack Black sing it in "School of Rock".
5th April 2006 10:48 AM
Ihavelotsajam He should have been arrested for listening to A Whiter Shade of Pale...
5th April 2006 10:48 AM
glencar LOL Perhaps the cabbie was a Muslim?
5th April 2006 11:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
That is...um....man, I don't even know WHAT that is, but I'd like to know how that cabbie could figure out the lyrics to "Immigrant Song". I never knew he was saying "Hammer of the Gods" until I saw Jack Black sing it in "School of Rock".

I was never able to make out the lyrics until I heard Dread Zeppelin do it!

5th April 2006 11:05 AM
pdog 98% of cab drivers are idiots!
5th April 2006 11:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hey, I can play my iPod on taxi cab stereo systems too!!

From now on, I shall only play "London Calling", on infinate repeat, when riding in cabs.
5th April 2006 11:32 AM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey, I can play my iPod on taxi cab stereo systems too!!

From now on, I shall only play "London Calling", on infinate repeat, when riding in cabs.

Oddly, it's something I play while driving my cab...
I'll be in the news soon too...
5th April 2006 11:34 AM
Break The Spell For his revenge, next time it will be nothing but songs by the band Macabre. One of their albums was a concept album about Jeffery Dahmer.
5th April 2006 11:37 AM
nanatod
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
it will be nothing but songs by the band Macabre.

I keep meaning to go, but have missed them everytime they play Chicago, which is usually about twice a year.
5th April 2006 11:39 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:

I keep meaning to go, but have missed them everytime they play Chicago, which is usually about twice a year.

I saw them in downtown Cincy one year, they did an "Unplugged" set, it was genius and hysterical at the same time.
5th April 2006 11:40 AM
nanatod It was probably as goofy as Neurosis playing in the bright sun around noontime at Ozzfest 1997.
5th April 2006 11:42 AM
Break The Spell Nothing beats Kid rock doing Metallica songs to fill in for Hetfeild.
5th April 2006 11:44 AM
nanatod Break, I've retired Bob Kidrock Ritchie. I've got a new alias to post under, but haven't found a lot of situations to use it.
5th April 2006 11:46 AM
glencar Take a Joshy thread & go to town...
5th April 2006 11:46 AM
Riffhard http://www.buttafly.com/bush/index.php

Riffy
5th April 2006 11:47 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Break, I've retired Bob Kidrock Ritchie. I've got a new alias to post under, but haven't found a lot of situations to use it.

I can only imagine what it is. I have a feeling I'll know it when I see it...
5th April 2006 11:47 AM
glencar I always think the phony names are Feej's...
5th April 2006 11:53 AM
Break The Spell I have a feeling his may be something like "Dr. Phil's Man Goo Driping Mustache". Time will tell!!
5th April 2006 11:54 AM
nanatod
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I can only imagine what it is. I have a feeling I'll know it when I see it...

It's a little more obscure than Kid Rock.
5th April 2006 11:57 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:

It's a little more obscure than Kid Rock.

DarkFuneralMakeUpKit?? GlenBentonCrucifixScar? KerryKingTattooNeedle??
5th April 2006 12:00 PM
nanatod Not a music alias, Break.
5th April 2006 12:10 PM
pdog
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Break, I've retired Bob Kidrock Ritchie. I've got a new alias to post under, but haven't found a lot of situations to use it.

Create a situation.... Have you learned nothing from Rove?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)