ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: XM Plays Rare Stones! Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th April 2006 08:21 AM
gimmekeef Was driving home last night and heard for the first time 'Stoned" which was the UK B-side of Wanna Be Your Man in 1963.(US release in 89 on London Years).Great little track that despite being a diehard fan since early 60's I had never heard!Just when you think you've heard it all!!!
Amazing that the first 2 singles the band recorded never made official albums that I'm aware of..(?)
5th April 2006 09:13 AM
Break The Spell You're correct, the 2 early singles along with the 2 b-sides never made it to official albums, the easiest way to get them all in one package is The Singles Collection as many singles and b-sides from the 60's never made it on to actual studio albums.
5th April 2006 10:31 AM
chevysales
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Was driving home last night and heard for the first time 'Stoned" which was the UK B-side of Wanna Be Your Man in 1963.(US release in 89 on London Years).Great little track that despite being a diehard fan since early 60's I had never heard!Just when you think you've heard it all!!!
Amazing that the first 2 singles the band recorded never made official albums that I'm aware of..(?)

what channel? channel 40 deep tracks?

inquiring minds and subscribers want to know plus i just got my daughter a cobalt SS and she now has XM which i tell people once you go satelite radio you'll never go back :>)
[Edited by chevysales]
5th April 2006 10:48 AM
gimmekeef chevy...yes it was XM40 Deep Tracks...my fave channel by far!
5th April 2006 10:49 AM
glencar Channel 98 on Sirius("The Golbe") is all-Stones all the time. I've heard Stoned twice in the past month.
5th April 2006 11:08 AM
SweetVirginia Do you guys ever listen to that
all Stones internet radio station?

They play lots of deep cuts, and
I find I now have it on a lot while
working at the computer.

http://www.live365.com/stations/therollingstones

SV

5th April 2006 11:13 AM
glencar Thanks for the tip!
5th April 2006 11:56 AM
chevysales yep deep tracks very good station.

xm only here... wish we had sirius as they have great nfl programming with games and radio shows... but being chevy/gm we are locked in to xm... now if i came to work in a dodge/chrysler... na i like my job too much.

thanx for the 365 live feed nice stuff never caught that one before :>) no security on now.

btw glencar you need to catch new show on a and e channel "chop" about huge dodge store in vegas funny stuff of course the first 2 episodes only showed the fun stuff...
the guy was on jimmy kimmel live a few nites back (kimmel is from vegas) any how behind the scenes workings on the auto biz.
largest dodge store in the nation... doing 40 cars on a saturday...wowser is all i have to say. fun environment as thats the one thing that is consistent store to store... must keep things loose

[Edited by chevysales]
5th April 2006 12:10 PM
glencar Chevy, I own a Ford!
5th April 2006 12:11 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Chevy, I own a Ford!

I own a Chevy and Ford, I'm such a hypocrite!!
5th April 2006 12:28 PM
nankerphelge I was at a local bar on Saturday (I know, what a shock) and they were playing what I thought was a standard classic rock station, except that during the first 20 minutes we got Dance Part 1, Dirty Work, Silver Train, and Citadel!!!

I was so shocked, I had to have another drink!
5th April 2006 12:32 PM
pdog Like you needed a reason for another drink...
Good morning Nanky!
5th April 2006 01:14 PM
Dan My stepdad has XFM. It has replaced cable TV for entertainment whenever I visit. I LOVE the Boneyard.
5th April 2006 01:55 PM
nankerphelge Just who is the happy, breast-bouncing babe in your tag PDog?

I like her enthusiasm!
5th April 2006 02:03 PM
pdog She's no scare-eyed honey, only fifteen years old, She says she got a girlfriend, that she's wilder too...
5th April 2006 02:25 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
Chevy, I own a Ford!

blasphemy!
never speak that four letter word in public

but the show on a and e is some funny stuff... great theater my business is some truly great stuff
[Edited by chevysales]
5th April 2006 02:25 PM
glencar Sorry!
5th April 2006 02:26 PM
pdog Ford = Found On Road Dead
5th April 2006 02:27 PM
glencar Fix Or Repair Daily(I hope not!).
5th April 2006 02:30 PM
chevysales
quote:
Dan wrote:
My stepdad has XFM. It has replaced cable TV for entertainment whenever I visit. I LOVE the Boneyard.

another good station...

don't know about sirius but with xm use your account to listen online

and for those with xm renewal is $77 a year if you call and tell them your gm dealer told you of this promo.

sometimes you will get a call center schmuck who doesn't know about it and trys to sell renewals for full pop over $100 a year... hang up and try back you will get a call center person who knows about it.

this program has been going on for like 2 plus years... never pay retail get the $77 deal and tell 'em chevy sent ya... ok last part is a joke but the $77 1 year renewal is true.

the gsm at my store has satelitte tv/dsl (too cheap for a real internet connection) anyhow the local satelite company (sbc) gives free xm radio on his satelite so he can listen thru his home theatre... wish comcast would've done that.

and glencar... your forgiven. all cars are good heck look at hyundai #1 in customer satisfaction in the world! 5 years ago if someone pulled in with a hyundai i made sure a newbie handled it so as not to waste time with a verteran {god i think i caught jb's disease-the dreaded can't spell worth a shit syndrome } salesmen... not the case anymore... our hyundai store does very well.

[Edited by chevysales]
5th April 2006 02:37 PM
glencar Sirius has on line ability too but not for Ho Stern. I do get to hear the Stones though.
5th April 2006 02:42 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sirius has on line ability too but not for Ho Stern. I do get to hear the Stones though.

xm's big downer!

no howard stern
no stones channel

NO FRICKIN" NFL... the rest of the sports (baseball, basketball, soccer, etc.) and nascar xm thinks is all that... they dropped the ball on nfl when they could have had it.
5th April 2006 02:56 PM
glencar Stern is repeated throughout the day which is nice.
5th April 2006 03:41 PM
Break The Spell Stern's FM replacement, David Lee Roth, resorted to reading the funny pages on the ar yesterday.
5th April 2006 04:19 PM
gimmekeef I'm sure that was an improvement over DLR's regular schtick....Rumor has it Opie&Anthony are gonna replace him.....They're not that good imho either
5th April 2006 04:35 PM
pdog Does anybody even listen to DLR?
5th April 2006 05:40 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Does anybody even listen to DLR?

LOL No. I'd rather him him "sing" than do a radio show. About a month before Stern left free radio, his team did a skit about how DLR would sound. I'm sure the real thing isn't much different.
5th April 2006 08:45 PM
rolling who Screw the NFL and screw Sirius. The NFL's popularity is the best evidence as to the dumbing down of America. That and NASCAR. It's no better than professional wrestling.
5th April 2006 08:51 PM
glencar Years ago, folks blamed the Stones for the dumbing down of America. Try to relax...
5th April 2006 09:09 PM
Dan
quote:
rolling who wrote:
Screw the NFL and screw Sirius. The NFL's popularity is the best evidence as to the dumbing down of America. That and NASCAR. It's no better than professional wrestling.

Of course its no better than. Professional Wrestling can be occassionally entertaining even if it IS fake.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)