ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pink Floyd visits the Sopranos Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd April 2006 08:51 PM
FrankiePeppers Did anyone catch "One of These Days" at the end of the latest episode? It sounded awesome in 5.1 surround. I'm not a huge Floyd fan, but it definately took me by suprise. The best use of a song at the end of that show since "Thru & Thru". Anyone wishing to discuss the show or the merits of Floyd, be my guest.
3rd April 2006 09:17 PM
keeef i hate floyd

but keef's song is awesome from there

thru and thru baby

love keef
3rd April 2006 10:06 PM
theanchorman I caught that...very cool...it was totally appropriate,,,

Thru & Thru at the outro of Season 2 after Big Pussy got whacked was fucking incredible though
3rd April 2006 10:20 PM
StickyFishFingers I love the Sopranos - we won't be getting it here until later on this year apparently. That Thru & Thru episode was cool. Without giving anything away - are the new episodes up to scratch with the previous seasons?
3rd April 2006 10:57 PM
Soldatti Thru and Thru worked perfect on the finale. I re-discovered the song after that.
3rd April 2006 10:58 PM
pdog I can't beleive Paulie's Mom was a huwer!
3rd April 2006 11:21 PM
theanchorman
quote:
pdog wrote:
I can't beleive Paulie's Mom was a huwer!

lmao

and a nun on top of it lol

I thought it was cool how they referenced the italian lady in the house from a couple seasons back as a sign of Tony's death
3rd April 2006 11:37 PM
glencar
quote:
theanchorman wrote:

I thought it was cool how they referenced the italian lady in the house from a couple seasons back as a sign of Tony's death

I missed this reference. Please explain...TIA!
3rd April 2006 11:56 PM
telecaster CBS just used "Gimme Shelter" for highlights of
the NCAA Final

That is all

Carry on
4th April 2006 12:03 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
StickyFishFingers wrote:
I love the Sopranos - we won't be getting it here until later on this year apparently. That Thru & Thru episode was cool. Without giving anything away - are the new episodes up to scratch with the previous seasons?

Not to worry, although I wasn't real keen on episode #2, last night's show was a classic!
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
4th April 2006 12:08 AM
glencar I wasn't too impressed with recent eps but last night's was a return to form!
4th April 2006 12:09 AM
BILL PERKS I QUITE DUG THE EMMYLOU HARRIS TUNE AFTER EP 1 OF LAST SEASON..
4th April 2006 12:26 AM
glencar I liked the gentle ballad at the end of alst week's ep. Howe can we find out the titles of whatever gets played?
4th April 2006 12:29 AM
glencar The Emmylou Harris song was "Heaven Only Knows" & the one I liked was by Daniel Lanois "The Deadly Nightshade."
4th April 2006 12:32 AM
telecaster
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Emmylou Harris song was "Heaven Only Knows" & the one I liked was by Daniel Lanois "The Deadly Nightshade."

Question:

If Emmlou Harris was best friends with Graham Parsons
and Keith was best friends with Graham Parson would not
one assume they are friends?

They never mention each other

4th April 2006 12:35 AM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Question:

I've heard her mention Keith, some interview I once read... I can't plavce it, maybe I'm imagining it, no bad blood as far as I konw...
4th April 2006 12:56 AM
glencar I think I've read that they're friendly...
4th April 2006 07:11 AM
Break The Spell The Soprano's always use good music for their show and at the most incredible time as well. It really adds to the atmosphere of the episode. They even helped Keith "remember" Thru and Thru so he dug it up again for the live set. On the NCAA tournament, they've used Rough Justice, You Got me Rockin' and Gimme Shelter during highlight reels and before commercial breaks.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
4th April 2006 07:49 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Question:

THERE ARE PICS ON THE GEORGE JONES CD "BRADLEY BARN" BOOK WITH THEM HUGGING EACH OTHER..MY QUESTION IS ;WHY WAS EMMYLOU NOT AT THE GRAM PARSONS TRIBUTE LAST YEAR?
ALSO,KEITH WAS NOT THAT CLOSE WITH GRAM AFTER THE NELLCOTE SESSIONS;GRAM'S BEHAIVOR HAD BECOME "ERRATIC"
4th April 2006 07:58 AM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I QUITE DUG THE EMMYLOU HARRIS TUNE AFTER EP 1 OF LAST SEASON..

yep..great song!

We havent got the new series yet. Trying to avoid plot giveaways....
4th April 2006 07:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think I've read that they're friendly...

there was a BBC documentary on Emmylou a couple of years ago (just before a similar one on Parsons), and Keith was interviewed for it
4th April 2006 08:58 AM
Chuck "Did anyone catch "One of These Days" at the end of the latest episode?"

One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces---perfect.

4th April 2006 09:34 AM
gimmekeef I wont try to spoil the plotlines for those waiting to see the new season...but I find it lame in comparison to other years.Not quite a snoozfest...but guys....kick it up a notch or two!....Big Love (new HBO show following Sopranos) has more intigue for chrissakes..If you're looking for a funny quirky show thats pretty good..catch "Weeds" showing season re-runs on Showtime starting tonight....very very good!
4th April 2006 10:09 AM
Aunt Jennifer I haven't seen it yet...DAMN!
4th April 2006 10:33 AM
glencar I won't spoil the new season for those of our friends "across the pond" but this season starts off with a bang then gets slow. It seems like they're setting it up for lotsa action later in the season. BTW When does it start over there?
4th April 2006 01:59 PM
gimmekeef Kinda like ABB..lots of initial excitement..then a lull..Sopranos needs a Dangerous Beauty or two...I bet Tony ends up doing that Insurance gal from the hospital!..Bets??
4th April 2006 02:16 PM
glencar she's too uptight.
4th April 2006 02:48 PM
gimmekeef Glencar...or is she another FBI plant...waiting to trip up the Tonester?....hmmmmm???...lol
4th April 2006 03:06 PM
rasputin56 For those interested in the music for each episode:

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/music/episode69.shtml

Also, far from a snoozefest. The Purgatory/Finnerty episode leading into Buscemi/Inn at the Oaks was classic chase and perhaps his best alternate reality scenes/episodes of the series.
4th April 2006 03:07 PM
glencar Well, I've never liked the fantasy scenes myself but I'll grant that it was the best of the bunch. The first part of it was a snoozer though.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)