ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Complaints to White Sox GM Kenny WIlliams from 1/6/06 (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd April 2006 02:05 PM
voodoopug 1. Trading away a fan favorite, hard worker, and excellent defensive CF to start a rookie??? Does anyone remember the last young home grown farmhand to start in CF for a chicago baseball team (see Corey Patterson)?

edit (4/3/06) I am very sorry Kenny, I never thought that Brian Anderson would debut with a multi hit/multi RBI game. I am willing to overlook his baserunning error, besides, this type of production from the #9 hole is fantastic.

2. Why not trade one of our starting pitchers...there is no reason to have 6 potential 1 or 2 starters?

edit (4/3/06) I am very sorry Kenny, I cannot believe that having Brandon in the pen would pay off in the first game of the year. I understand you can't bring Buehrle back into the game after a 177 minute rain delay, but the fact that you were able to avoid taxing your bullpen like the Indians did is great. You were right, you cannot have enough great pitching (see Jerome Williams)

1. Why bring in Jim Thome? He will probably not even be healthy enough to be in the lineup on opening day and the last thing this team needs is another power hitter (see Frank Thomas).

edit: I am very sorry Kenny, I did not have the foresight to see that two very fast contact hitters batting in the top two spots and then towards the bottom of the lineup (see Dye, Anderson), that putting Thome and Konerko back to back would give the sox the chance to get better pitches to both of them and in essence better pitches to Iguchi; putting anyone on base, especially on third is an RBI waiting to happen with these hitters coming up, not to mention on opening day, Thome hit a rocket farther than any White Sox player did since 2004 (ugh...Joe Borchard)

4. Why get rid of WIllie Harris...having his speed on the bench is a great asset?

edit (4/3/06) I am very sorry Kenny. I had no clue you were going to work it out where you brought in guys who would start on basically any other team (see: replace Walker, Neifi, or Ronny) who can also run very well to back up multiple positions (see Robby M aka known Cub killer). It pays dividend in the first game as you are able to sit Pods after 5 innings as wet grass does not aid a player with a sore groin (see Aramis Ramirez).

Fact is, I owe Kenny Williams a big apology! He is head and shoulders the top GM in Chicago and with respect to Mr. Beane, he may be the best in the game right now.

to put a smile on your faces:

DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'
Journey
Written by: S. Perry/N. Schon/J. Cain

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere...
Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere...

A singer in a smokey room, the smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on...

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill, everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice, just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

(chorus)
Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlight people

3rd April 2006 02:06 PM
voodoopug all please watch and allow yourself to shed a tear:

http://www.bluefoot.tv/espn1/
3rd April 2006 02:08 PM
gimmekeef Boy..
3rd April 2006 02:09 PM
gimmekeef I hope the Palehose bandwagon has extra re-inforced wheels!
3rd April 2006 02:11 PM
Break The Spell I felt "Don't Stop Believin'" was a nice touch.
3rd April 2006 02:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I felt "Don't Stop Believin'" was a nice touch.

the original part of the post is top notch...it is a touch like "Don't STop Beleiving" seperates the good posters from folks like myself, jb (occassionally), and joey (always)

we will accept bandwagon fans, but you will be beer bitch!
3rd April 2006 02:16 PM
Nellcote OK, Pug, White Hose won last year.
Off to a good start this year, although,
it was a long night.
Don't forget, it was only 2004 when another
team with Sox as a logo won it all...
Have a look...

www.blohards.com/ws.html
3rd April 2006 02:17 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we will accept bandwagon fans, but you will be beer bitch!

If the beer is free, who could ask for more?? Wow, The Cubs are laready ahead of the Reds 1-0.
3rd April 2006 02:24 PM
rasputin56 It's only been one game, for chrissakes. 161 more games to prove that last year was a mere fluke.
3rd April 2006 02:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
It's only been one game, for chrissakes. 161 more games to prove that last year was a mere fluke.

Stay Away! they have nothing to prove...they are the champs!

Nellcote....you know how I feel....nothing but love from me for the Red Sox (aside from three games last year: see El Duque)
3rd April 2006 02:56 PM
rasputin56
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Stay Away! they have nothing to prove...they are the champs!

OK, I'll cut you some slack seeing you have an affinity towards the other Sox, as well.
3rd April 2006 03:02 PM
jb This is a self-serving, self-indulgent post . To whine after winning a World Series shows how classless Sox fans really are. Now I understand why the Cub fans are much better.
3rd April 2006 03:05 PM
rasputin56 Are those the same Cubs fans who threatened to have that guy killed a couple of years ago for interfering with the foul ball in the playoffs?
3rd April 2006 03:07 PM
Break The Spell The Cubs are already beating The Reds 5-1. Once again, The Reds have no pitching.
3rd April 2006 03:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
This is a self-serving, self-indulgent post . To whine after winning a World Series shows how classless Sox fans really are. Now I understand why the Cub fans are much better.

Sadly, you failed to use ADDA....this post is meant to praise The White Sox. It is disappointing that you still cannot let go of the failed sellout of the first home game of 1972 in Miami or that the Ricky WIlliams era may again be over. (also see Florida Marlin Fire Sale...becket...burnett...lowell, etc)
3rd April 2006 03:13 PM
jb http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1144149/a/Big+Man's+Blues.htm
3rd April 2006 03:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1144149/a/Big+Man's+Blues.htm

If only you had remembered from the 12 times I explained to you how to post pictures.....

but alas, you can only post links.....you are like a playboy magazine with the joke page torn out and the pictorials edited to eliminate the nudity!
3rd April 2006 03:30 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

If only you had remembered from the 12 times I explained to you how to post pictures.....

but alas, you can only post links.....you are like a playboy magazine with the joke page torn out and the pictorials edited to eliminate the nudity!

The concept is to allow the reader time to find it...not simply put it in his face...................your like of subtlety is tantmount to a bull in a china shop..........
3rd April 2006 03:30 PM
Nellcote HOME RUN BIG PAPI
5-0 RED SOX!!!!
3rd April 2006 03:33 PM
Saint Sway Pug,

the answer to the first question is Chet Lemon.

I fell asleep reading the rest the rest of the questions

you can pm me and let me know if I've won any type of prize for answering correctly

thanks
3rd April 2006 03:36 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pug,

the answer to the first question is Chet Lemon.

I fell asleep reading the rest the rest of the questions

you can pm me and let me know if I've won any type of prize for answering correctly

thanks

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again the Pug humiliated!!!!
3rd April 2006 03:37 PM
Joey
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
It's only been one game, for chrissakes. 161 more games to prove that last year was a mere fluke.

Love your Avatar
3rd April 2006 03:42 PM
glencar White Sux have nowhere to go butt down.
3rd April 2006 03:56 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
The Cubs are already beating The Reds 5-1. Once again, The Reds have no pitching.

Guess the Cubs dont either its..5-5 Now!
3rd April 2006 04:02 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Joey wrote:

Love your Avatar

Thanks or as our Mexican friends say, "Hey man, we just want to do the work you rich gringos don't want to do. Give us a break."

3rd April 2006 04:09 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Cubs back up 9-5. All those off season deals, like getting rid of Willy Mo for better pitching aren't working.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
3rd April 2006 04:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

quite a pitching dual..Zambrano completely humiliated
3rd April 2006 04:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

OK, I'll cut you some slack seeing you have an affinity towards the other Sox, as well.

we can work together to fend off the fools of Wrigley!
3rd April 2006 04:18 PM
Break The Spell Wow, now its 10-5 Cubbies, no matter what pitcher the Reds are putting out there, the Cubs just keep knocking in runs. So much for all the off season deals.
3rd April 2006 04:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Wow, now its 10-5 Cubbies, no matter what pitcher the Reds are putting out there, the Cubs just keep knocking in runs. So much for all the off season deals.

Zambrano was completely humiliated today...it will only get worse...they only games the cubs have a chance of winning are slugfests like today, once you get past Zambrano (if he doesnt have a nervous breakdown), you have the worst pitching staff in baseball (see Jerome WIlliams)
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)