ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's Sunday Afternoon ................................. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
2nd April 2006 05:57 PM
Joey
..... and Joey's head is swimming .

You see my little Stonescicles , I had to work this afternoon --- Workin' on a Sunday afternoon for the MAN .

Joey was way too uppity to go right home afterwards though .

So what did Joey do ?!?!

I stopped by THE BRAZEN HEAD in Midtown . Oh , yeah -- THAT Brazen Head . The one with the best Guinness in the Midwest and " Acoustic Groove " as the ' House Band ' .

Sunday afternoon is also " All - You - Can - Eat Fish & Chips " so I sit here at the bar drinking a 1/2 full pint of Guinness waiting for my food ( .. whilst ' Wild Horses ' plays oh so softly on the sound system ) and think about the recent week of Stones posting here on this most prodigious of message boards .

I think of ' Break The Spell ' joining the " Rocks Off " Mafia -- others have realized they have ALWAYS been members . I think of this wonderful tour and hope and pray that the band returns to the states this fall for it is Truly the BEST STONES YET !!!!!! I think of Bill Perks and his misguided love of the " Dirty Work " album . I think of Sir Moonie's AMAZING Howard Carter-like find of that great Stones article that says all that I have been thinking privately about that particular album .

I think of Baby Steelie's return to the board and praise his two year anniversary of being sober .

I think of Puggy , JB, Fleabit , Gypsy and many others and laugh .

For it is laughter that keeps Joey coming back to this board . God I love you all . We have gone over all the Rolling Stones' topics numerous times but it is the unbelievable humor that keeps me coming back .

My dearest Stones' Brothers and Sisters ...... please .... do me a personal favor and don't EVER straighten up , it wouldn't suit you .

Dinner has arrived and it is time for your young Joey to sign off ---- I thank you all for your time today and stay Stonesy !!!!!
The Joey , Established 1999

2nd April 2006 07:44 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Joey wrote:

..... and Joey's head is swimming .

You see my little Stonescicles , I had to work this afternoon --- Workin' on a Sunday afternoon for the MAN .

Joey was way too uppity to go right home afterwards though .

So what did Joey do ?!?!

I stopped by THE BRAZEN HEAD in Midtown . Oh , yeah -- THAT Brazen Head . The one with the best Guinness in the Midwest and " Acoustic Groove " as the ' House Band ' .

Sunday afternoon is also " All - You - Can - Eat Fish & Chips " so I sit here at the bar drinking a 1/2 full pint of Guinness waiting for my food ( .. whilst ' Wild Horses ' plays oh so softly on the sound system ) and think about the recent week of Stones posting here on this most prodigious of message boards .

I think of ' Break The Spell ' joining the " Rocks Off " Mafia -- others have realized they have ALWAYS been members . I think of this wonderful tour and hope and pray that the band returns to the states this fall for it is Truly the BEST STONES YET !!!!!! I think of Bill Perks and his misguided love of the " Dirty Work " album . I think of Sir Moonie's AMAZING Howard Carter-like find of that great Stones article that says all that I have been thinking privately about that particular album .

I think of Baby Steelie's return to the board and praise his two year anniversary of being sober .

I think of Puggy , JB, Fleabit , Gypsy and many others and laugh .

For it is laughter that keeps Joey coming back to this board . God I love you all . We have gone over all the Rolling Stones' topics numerous times but it is the unbelievable humor that keeps me coming back .

My dearest Stones' Brothers and Sisters ...... please .... do me a personal favor and don't EVER straighten up , it wouldn't suit you .

Dinner has arrived and it is time for your young Joey to sign off ---- I thank you all for your time today and stay Stonesy !!!!!
The Joey , Established 1999

to quote a certain A-List poster I would have to say that

"That's Posten!"

2nd April 2006 07:56 PM
glencar I too had to work this ayem Joey. Get over it already, ya stoopit prick!
3rd April 2006 03:52 AM
Angiegirl Aw Joey, I didn't know you could string whole sentences together buddy! What a nice surprise this is .

And I'm sorry you had to work yesterday. I was just relaxing in the sun in a friend's garden, enjoying the first bit of spring.
But hey, these differences are what keeps this world interesting right!
3rd April 2006 06:44 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

I think of ' Break The Spell ' joining the " Rocks Off " Mafia -- others have realized they have ALWAYS been members .

Bless you Joey. You stated its been the humor of others that keeps you coming back to the board, but its not only your humor, but personality and wit that keep many here. Don't ever quit. Stones, Who & Hilton forever!!
3rd April 2006 09:02 AM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I was just relaxing in the sun in a friend's garden, enjoying the first bit of spring.
But hey, these differences are what keeps this world interesting right!

Hello Angiegirl

I am glad that your spring weather has been so much more sedate than ours ....... so far it has been one severe storm after another around these parts .....

Developing .......................

Shiver ..................

" .. these differences are what keeps this world interesting right! "

Damn Straight My Stonesian Sister ......

Joeykins

3rd April 2006 09:04 AM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Bless you Joey. You stated its been the humor of others that keeps you coming back to the board, but its not only your humor, but personality and wit that keep many here. Don't ever quit. Stones, Who & Hilton forever!!

Thanks for the kind words ' Break The Spell ' :

As Peter Denis Blandford Townshend once said about the Rolling Stones ...... " Guys , whatever you do , please do not grow old gracefully -- it wouldn't suit you !!!! "

Amen !

Jacky !
3rd April 2006 09:07 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks for the kind words ' Break The Spell ' :

As Peter Denis Blandford Townshend once said about the Rolling Stones ...... " Guys , whatever you do , please do not grow old gracefully -- it wouldn't suit you !!!! "

Amen !

Jacky !

I believe he told them that as he inducted them into the Rock Hall of Fame, he's always been a big admirer of the Stones. I liked their cover of The Last Time.
3rd April 2006 11:13 AM
Joey " I believe he told them that as he inducted them into the Rock Hall of Fame, "

< ----- Yes !! .... January , 1989 .

[Edited by Joey]
3rd April 2006 11:50 AM
FPM C10 OK, I have gone over my trusty file of every single post Maxlugar ever posted, and could not find that one among them. There were a few Fridays in 1998 that I forgot to save the "It's Friday" post, so I think it must've been one of them. Please advise which board/year/month/day that one was originally written.

TIA!
3rd April 2006 11:57 AM
Joey " There were a few Fridays in 1998 that I forgot to save the "It's Friday" post, so I think it must've been one of them. "
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rd April 2006 01:29 PM
pdog The attacks on Maxlugar continue...
3rd April 2006 01:30 PM
gimmekeef Joey...I was going to have fish&chips myself...but couldnt get that Paris gettin out of the car pic..outta my mind!....Keep on rockin!
3rd April 2006 01:34 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Joey...I was going to have fish&chips myself...but couldnt get that Paris gettin out of the car pic..outta my mind!....Keep on rockin!

Bless You Gimmekeef !!!!!!

...and you are RIGHT ! ' Fish & Chips ' AND Paris Hilton do NOT mix very well !!!!

3rd April 2006 02:05 PM
pdog What's up Judy?
3rd April 2006 02:20 PM
Joey " What's up Judy? "

3rd April 2006 02:24 PM
Joey " What's up Judy? "

3rd April 2006 02:26 PM
jb She should be arrested and charged with battery on a law enforcement officer. She is a disgrace to all democrats like me.
3rd April 2006 03:19 PM
Joey

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
3rd April 2006 03:43 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" What's up Judy? "

Gawd, that is one insane yelper!
3rd April 2006 03:43 PM
glencar
quote:
glencar wrote:
I too had to work this ayem Joey. Get over it already, ya stoopit prick!

3rd April 2006 04:00 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
She should be arrested and charged with battery on a law enforcement officer. She is a disgrace to all democrats like me.

Ha ha ha! She "spoke" at the anti-war rally in September...her "speech" began with this memorable quote - "If we didn't know it NOW, we certainly know it NOW." Sounded like something George W. Bush would say.

Can you name me more than two Democrats who AREN'T a disgrace? I mean, at least they're not EVIL (see: GOP) but CHRIST!

I used to think John McCain was a good Republican (a rare bird, that!) but now he's cozying up with JERRY FALWELL. I guess, being a pragmatist, he knows ya gotta have the crackpot Jesus vote if ya wanna win.
3rd April 2006 04:01 PM
glencar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Ha ha ha! She "spoke" at the anti-war rally in September...her "speech" began with this memorable quote - "If we didn't know it NOW, we certainly know it NOW." Sounded like something George W. Bush would say.

Can you name me more than two Democrats who AREN'T a disgrace? I mean, at least they're not EVIL (see: GOP) but CHRIST!

I used to think John McCain was a good Republican (a rare bird, that!) but now he's cozying up with JERRY FALWELL. I guess, being a pragmatist, he knows ya gotta have the crackpot Jesus vote if ya wanna win.

That's actually a post I can agree with 95% of! Good on ya!
3rd April 2006 04:05 PM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:
The attacks on Maxlugar continue...

Hey, you just said I had to kiss Feej, not the entire Republican party.

He tasted like sardines!

3rd April 2006 04:07 PM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Hey, you just said I had to kiss Feej, not the entire Republican party.

I don't know where your lips have been...
3rd April 2006 04:09 PM
glencar Am I the first to tell you I love that tag photo thing? Except for the anti-Rovian drivel, natch!
3rd April 2006 04:13 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Am I the first to tell you I love that tag photo thing? Except for the anti-Rovian drivel, natch!

It's much loved! Like me... Maxy likes Karl Rove killed my kittens, you see the humor, not the message...
I wish I had a good one for the Lame-o-crats...
Gore crying... a woman pulling out a race card...Hillary wearing a strap on...
It would be good!
3rd April 2006 04:15 PM
Break The Spell My favorite is the one of Bushie giving a monkeyshine !! Now if only you could find one for the likes of Ted Kennedy.
3rd April 2006 04:16 PM
Joey " I don't know where your lips have been..."

3rd April 2006 04:17 PM
glencar
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
My favorite is the one of Bushie giving a monkeyshine !! Now if only you could find one for the likes of Ted Kennedy.

There are hilarious pix of Teddy K out there. It's amazing he's still alive.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)