ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan's XM show tangled up Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st April 2006 04:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels MUSIC
Dylan's XM show tangled up
His satellite radio gig was to begin in March, but don't think twice, just think early May.

By Geoff Boucher, Times Staff Writer
Los Angeles Times
March 31, 2006

Is Bob Dylan's satellite radio show up in the air?

Back in December, XM Satellite Radio announced with much fanfare that the enigmatic bard of rock would launch a weekly show in March for which he would handpick music, interview peers and share his insights into what he played.

But the calendar shows that March is over today and there's still no Dylan to be found on XM's dial.

"It's definitely going to happen, but it's taking a little longer than originally planned," said XM spokeswoman Anne-Taylor Griffith. "Bob is super involved in the show, and, like with everything he does, he wants it be just a certain way, and it's taking some time…. We've already received several episodes of the show, and they're absolutely fantastic."

With Dylan moving at his own chosen speed, the show is now expected to premiere in early May.

In April, XM will announce the show's title and schedule and also release some sample playlists, which Griffith described as "amazing" surveys of music both new and vintage.

In a December statement, Dylan said he was enthusiastic about adding a new career to his résumé: "Songs and music have always inspired me. A lot of my own songs have been played on the radio, but this is the first time I've ever been on the other side of the mike."

The singer-songwriter turns 65 at the end of May, and there has been a flurry of Dylan-iana in recent years. In addition to his recordings and near-constant touring, the singer in 2004 released "Chronicles: Volume One," the first installment of his memoirs.

And last September, he was the subject of the acclaimed Martin Scorsese documentary "No Direction Home." There was also the Twyla Tharp musical "The Times They Are A-Changin'."

Dylan, who opens a new string of shared concerts with Merle Haggard on April 7, will play a high-profile show April 28, the opening day of the 2006 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
1st April 2006 05:00 PM
Gazza It was confirmed some weeks ago that the "March" start date had been put back until May 3rd.

And Dylan's touring schedule doesnt resume on April 7th - he starts tonight, in Reno.
[Edited by Gazza]
1st April 2006 06:06 PM
glencar Nothing beats the Stones channel on Sirius. They play stuff that *I'VE* never heard before.
[Edited by glencar]
3rd April 2006 12:42 PM
Martha I cannot WAIT to hear Bob on the radio every week. Indeed!

Thanks for posting this update...we were wondering what was up with his new radio show.

I'm still praying to get to Tucson for the gig on the 10th and NM for the 11th gig...then Chris starts his NEW job on the 13th. :-)

Like a complete unknown....

Like a ROlling Stone....

xxoo,
MM
3rd April 2006 03:58 PM
glencar Martha, I don't know if I PMed you but tahnks so much for the BOB CD's! I love them & I'm playing the Point show whilst I type this. I will eventually get stuff out to you in return. I will PM you in a bit to see if there's anything you'd like...
3rd April 2006 04:02 PM
jb Dylan is like a pile of Dung with flies swarming about.
3rd April 2006 04:03 PM
pdog What an image you create Josh.
3rd April 2006 04:03 PM
glencar Joshy! Ixnay on that! Dylan is fantastic & I hope to see him this year or next. Do you have Time Out Of Mind? I could burn you a copy...
3rd April 2006 04:05 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy! Ixnay on that! Dylan is fantastic & I hope to see him this year or next. Do you have Time Out Of Mind? I could burn you a copy...

A have no desire to ever hear or see Bob Dylan....to me, he represents everythign wrong with todays world.
glencar Really??
pdog Dylan is the only Jew I know for certain Josh despises!
I've seen him twice and own a few of his CD's, Dylan make my Rabbi smile!
3rd April 2006 04:07 PM
glencar That's smile? Oy gevalt!
3rd April 2006 04:08 PM
pdog My Rabbi is a tough nut to crack...
3rd April 2006 04:10 PM
jb He gave up Juduism long ago and is an insult ot all good men who have fought for the IDF.
3rd April 2006 04:13 PM
glencar He gave it up for Lent, I hear!
3rd April 2006 04:18 PM
pdog We're building a new Jewish museum in SF...

SAN FRANCISCO, FEBRUARY 2, 2005: At a public forum at the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency (SFRA), The Contemporary Jewish Museum (CJM) in San Francisco yesterday debuted the revised design for its new home by internationally renowned architect Daniel Libeskind. The plans are for an adaptive reuse of the historic Jessie Street Power Substation and a dynamic new addition. While the Museum has been offering exhibitions in its gallery space at 121 Steuart Street for over 20 years, the proposed plans will allow The CJM the additional space necessary to expand its mission and programming. Under The CJM proposal, the long-abandoned Power Substation--located off Mission Street in the heart of the City's burgeoning Yerba Buena cultural district--will be transformed into a spectacular and memorable 60,000-square-foot cultural destination.
3rd April 2006 04:19 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
We're building a new Jewish museum in SF...

SAN FRANCISCO, FEBRUARY 2, 2005: At a public forum at the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency (SFRA), The Contemporary Jewish Museum (CJM) in San Francisco yesterday debuted the revised design for its new home by internationally renowned architect Daniel Libeskind. The plans are for an adaptive reuse of the historic Jessie Street Power Substation and a dynamic new addition. While the Museum has been offering exhibitions in its gallery space at 121 Steuart Street for over 20 years, the proposed plans will allow The CJM the additional space necessary to expand its mission and programming. Under The CJM proposal, the long-abandoned Power Substation--located off Mission Street in the heart of the City's burgeoning Yerba Buena cultural district--will be transformed into a spectacular and memorable 60,000-square-foot cultural destination.

Now that's nice!!
3rd April 2006 04:20 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
Dylan is like a pile of Dung with flies swarming about.

At least you used a capitol 'D'. Very appreciative of you...
3rd April 2006 04:21 PM
glencar I was at the Hoolocaust Museum last weekend. Quite moving.
3rd April 2006 07:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
He gave up Juduism long ago and is an insult ot all good men who have fought for the IDF.

er..he re-embraced it in the mid 80's, and his sons were Bar Mitzvahed!

Do try to keep up!

and download "Neighborhood Bully" while you're at it. Hardly an 'insult'!
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd April 2006 08:40 PM
keeef dylan could learn a lot from mick
4th April 2006 11:30 AM
nanatod
quote:
Gazza wrote:
er..he re-embraced it in the mid 80's, and his sons were Bar Mitzvahed!

Subsequently, he appeared on a telethon with his orthodox Jewish son-in-law, Peter Himmelman, to raise money for Jewish causes and organizations.
4th April 2006 11:33 AM
glencar Wasn't Peter Himmelman a musician of some sort? I think I ahd a mix tape with one of his songs on it. Kind of a dirge, if I remember correctly.
4th April 2006 11:49 AM
nanatod Himmelman is a musician; alternative rock singer-songwriter.
4th April 2006 12:40 PM
Break The Spell One of my favorite Dylan projects was always the Traveling Wilburys. even when they recorded together 18 years ago, the combined ages of the 5 members was around 250 years. Tweeter and the Monkey Man is one of my favorite Dylan songs.
4th April 2006 03:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
keeef wrote:
dylan could learn a lot from mick

Mick could learn a lot more from Dylan, if you ask me!
4th April 2006 03:43 PM
jb Dylan is about as uplifting as a anal fissure.
4th April 2006 03:47 PM
pdog I have a bigger post count already!!!
4th April 2006 03:49 PM
glencar Those bouncing ta-ta's count for 10k!
4th April 2006 03:50 PM
pdog Then I shall be passing you very soon...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)