ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Nikki Sudden Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th March 2006 02:38 PM
jb rip..VERY SAD.
29th March 2006 06:49 AM
Irina So sad news...
Rest in peace, Nikki

29th March 2006 07:46 AM
Sandie Ritter Just heard the very sad news today and registered here to to say goodbye Nikki. I also was talking to Nikki with Linda Raeburn at Drury Lane. Can't believe I'll never see him again, just feel very sad.
29th March 2006 01:10 PM
Gazza Musician Nikki Sudden dies in NY

Cult British musician Nikki Sudden, who performed solo and as one half of rock band the Jacobites, has died shortly after playing a concert in New York.

He was due to play a concert in London on Wednesday and the band have said it will go ahead as a tribute to Sudden.

Sudden, who was 49, had recorded under various guises since the 1970s, recording one album with REM members Peter Buck, Bill Berry and Mike Mills.

He also formed the band Swell Maps as a teenager in Solihull in 1972.

During his career he also recorded with Sonic Youth, The Flaming Stars and Voodoo Witch.

Much of his back catalogue has recently been reissued and he was working on his autobiography and a book about Ronnie Wood, citing the Rolling Stones as his favourite band.

His Jacobites bandmate Dave Kusworth said Sudden had been working on new material for an album which fans should eventually get the opportunity to hear.

His record company, Secretly Canadian, said in a statement: "It was a great honour to work with such a legendary figure, and his warmth and generosity of spirit will not be forgotten. He was a good man in endless pursuit of his artistic dreams."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4854338.stm
29th March 2006 01:18 PM
sirfito RIP
29th March 2006 05:08 PM
DAVINO R.I.P.

so sad
29th March 2006 07:43 PM
Sandie Ritter Gazza, I won't be in London on Wednesday, if you go, and if you see Linda, tell her how sorry I am - she was a good friend of Nikki's for quite a number of years and must be so devastated (I have her e-mail address, but don't quite know what to say in such an impersonal way right now).
29th March 2006 08:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
Sandie Ritter wrote:
Gazza, I won't be in London on Wednesday, if you go, and if you see Linda, tell her how sorry I am - she was a good friend of Nikki's for quite a number of years and must be so devastated (I have her e-mail address, but don't quite know what to say in such an impersonal way right now).

Sandie, I live in Belfast, not London, so I wouldnt have been able to go. Sorry.

I dont actually know Linda, personally. Just had a drink with her, Nikki and Gary Robertson at the Woody show last year.

I'm sure you'll be able to contact her when the time is right. very understandable to feel it difficult to express yourself at the minute.
30th March 2006 03:54 PM
Sandie Ritter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Sandie, I live in Belfast, not London, so I wouldnt have been able to go. Sorry.

I dont actually know Linda, personally. Just had a drink with her, Nikki and Gary Robertson at the Woody show last year.

I'm sure you'll be able to contact her when the time is right. very understandable to feel it difficult to express yourself at the minute.

Gazza - sorry thought you were in London. If you were drinking with them, we must've been stood right by each other 'cos I bumped into Linda in the venue and we were chatting to Nikki in the bar!!!!! Sorry didn't realise you weren't based in London - I'm sure I'll say something to Linda when our paths next cross.
30th March 2006 10:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Sandie Ritter wrote:
Just heard the very sad news today and registered here to to say goodbye Nikki.

Very cool from you and Martin to register with such a great purpose, hope you stay.

To be honest I cannot remove that header, he was a very good friend, the world and the stones community lost a great one
30th March 2006 11:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Nikki's website exceeded the bandwidth limit so it will be back this Saturday
30th March 2006 11:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:
Here's a link to some photos of Nikki in NYC last Thursday night:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95876771@N00/

Shoking pix, the next day he passed away

31st March 2006 03:22 AM
Sandie Ritter
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Very cool from you and Martin to register with such a great purpose, hope you stay.

To be honest I cannot remove that header, he was a very good friend, the world and the stones community lost a great one

I can understand not removing the header - Nikki deserves to be there for some time. Don't know if I'll post here much as I'm not a Stones fan - first met Nikki seeing Ian McLagan (I was a Small Faces, Humble Pie, Faces and Ronnie Lane fan. In rock & roll terms, currently a Bump Band, Jones Gang and Bon Jovi fan).
[Edited by Sandie Ritter]
31st March 2006 01:17 PM
jostorm Dear Gerardo,
I just want to say how incredibly nice of you it is to have kept this header up as a mark of affection and respect and sadness for Nikki's death. I really appreciate that( can't really speak for anyone else...) After a few days I went over to IORR, just out of curiosity, and I couldn't even FIND anything marking his death, had to scroll back a few pages...Although I made some really nice friends over there, I'm so glad I came to this lunatic asylum instead, you are all real people with real souls!!!
Johanna
1st April 2006 10:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Jostorm! Yes we're a little bit crazy but with a big heart, we are like a familiy
1st April 2006 10:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
Life goes on! Time to change the header

RIP Nikki and see you (Not so) soon

In memory of Nikki Sudden
Another Goodbye to another good friend

Picture with thanks to mutual friend Axel Schumacher

Thanks again Axel
1st April 2006 10:14 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl In addition to make it in the news including the BBC and some others Nikki is now in the front page of All Music Guide

http://www.allmusic.com/

1st April 2006 06:09 PM
glencar His obituary was in the NY Times & EW magazine. RIP buddy...
1st April 2006 07:04 PM
PeerQueer Any word on cause of death?
2nd April 2006 04:04 AM
Sandie Ritter No - I HOPE it was natural causes.
3rd April 2006 10:03 PM
Saint Sway this is a very sad.

My heartfelt condolences to those here that knew him.

I didnt know the man, but musically and spiritually he was Johnny Thunders, Keith Richards, Paul Westerberg and Ronnie Wood all rolled into one. Thats damn fine company to be in, IMO. Guys with that kind of swagger and style are a rare breed these days. Shooting stars. Not the mass produced crap that the record industry pumps out on their conveyer belts.

Jacobites were cool. Kinda like the type of stuff that Gram and Keith should of made together. MT & Mac played on his last record. How cool is that.

I hate to think what happened. Heard that Evan Dando sat in with him at the Knitting Factory on his last night. Pretty sure I can fill in the rest. What a cryin fuckin shame.

I hope someone jumps in and finishes this book he was writing on Woody. That would be a nice honor. And a tribute record as well.

RIP NS
5th April 2006 07:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Sandie Ritter wrote:
No - I HOPE it was natural causes.

All deads are natural, for example if you fall from the roof of a ten-story building it's "natural" that you're gonna die fer sure. Same if you recieve a dose of bullets from a machine gun,it's natural.

To be honest I didn't care about it when it happened, now I'm just wondering but who knows, he passed away and he will be missed.

Howe?
5th April 2006 07:45 PM
kath well, i met his lady friends linda years ago at ronnie scott's. she's one the dearest women i ever met. i am so sorry that she has lost him. i have no idea what their relationship was, but i'm sure she will miss him dearly.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)