ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Nikki Sudden Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th March 2006 11:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A great fan, and a friend passed away as informed by Ringo Kid at Tell Me. We made a couple of webcasts of his band here at Rocks Off and was a friend and a trader since a long time. RIP Nikki

This is really sad news for me and I'm sure for many of you

His website http://www.nikkisudden.com/
27th March 2006 11:47 AM
erikjjf Very sad news.
I first met him at Ronnie's show at Shepherd's Bush in 2001, and then at just about every Stones related event I´ve been to since. He was a great fan and friend.
Rest in peace, Nikki...
27th March 2006 12:02 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
and then at just about every Stones related event I´ve been to since.

Yeah, me too.

Sad sad sad.
27th March 2006 12:24 PM
Jeep

A great fan is gone.
Nikki is front of stage on this picture from Zurich in 2003 (pic from SisterM website).
Goodbye Nikki.
[Edited by Jeep]
27th March 2006 01:32 PM
Gazza Just got a text from Gary Robertson (a long time mutual friend of both Nikki and myself) telling me the news

Met Nikki at the Ronnie Wood show just over a year ago. Nice bloke.

Very sad news indeed. RIP Nikki
27th March 2006 02:10 PM
JuanTCB Here's a link to some photos of Nikki in NYC last Thursday night:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95876771@N00/
27th March 2006 03:30 PM
Gimme Shelter RIP Nikki
27th March 2006 03:35 PM
jb RIP
27th March 2006 03:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Did Nikki Sudden used to perform with the (late) Epic Soundtracks?

Yes, he was his brother... Too young to die
27th March 2006 03:42 PM
JuanTCB
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Did Nikki Sudden used to perform with the (late) Epic Soundtracks?

They were brothers, actually - played in Swell Maps together.
27th March 2006 03:46 PM
six mayers RIP
27th March 2006 04:33 PM
kath i think the woman sitting next to him in that shot is linda, friend of matt lee and and a terrific lady.
27th March 2006 05:05 PM
Sophia Graves RIP!
what was the reason for his death? he doesnt seem that old.
27th March 2006 05:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
kath wrote:
i think the woman sitting next to him in that shot is linda, friend of matt lee and and a terrific lady.

Yes, Linda Raeburn. Met her at the Drury lane show with Nikki as well.
27th March 2006 05:16 PM
jostorm Fuck! I met him in Amsterdam 2003, 'cause he was constantly hanging around my ex-boyfriend. And the last time I smiled at him and said "hi" was in the 100Club in London, when MT played...Why is no one saying what happened? He can't have been older than about maximum 40?
God, how very sad............

Peace and light, Nikki!!!!!!!!!!

Johanna
27th March 2006 05:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl He was 49 almost 50
27th March 2006 05:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://www.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=10547224
27th March 2006 07:03 PM
jostorm Just goes to show how young you can look when you're truly happy doing what you're doing with your music and your touring....never would have thought that old, although it is still much too young and so very sad!
27th March 2006 07:05 PM
Tom Sad news RIP Nikki
27th March 2006 09:10 PM
Soldatti RIP...
27th March 2006 09:55 PM
TomL RIP NIKKI. I did not know you, but if we met I am sure i would of liked you. See you in Stones Heaven. Keep Brian out of trouble. And when Mick Taylor goes please explain to him he should of not went solo. To your friends and family my sorrow.
27th March 2006 10:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Swell Maps' Nikki Sudden Dies
March 27, 2006, 9:45 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Swell Maps frontman Nikki Sudden died Sunday after a show the night before at New York's Knitting Factory, Billboard.com has learned. He was 49. No cause of death has been made public yet, according to Secretly Canadian label head Chris Swanson, whose company reissued 10 of Sudden's albums in recent years.

Always a prolific artist, Sudden has just completed a new solo album, "The Truth Doesn't Matter," and has a gig booked in London on Wednesday (March 29) with his band the Jacobites. According to a post from longtime group member Dave Kusworth on Sudden's MySpace.com page, the show will go off as planned in memoriam to Sudden.

"Nikki Sudden believed in rock'n'roll -- and how hard was that in this cold new millennium?," Kusworth wrote.

Sudden rose to fame with his brother Epic Soundtracks in Swell Maps, a late 1970s rock combo that has remained influential despite its brief lifespan. Soundtracks died of unknown causes in 1997.

According to Secretly Canadian, Sudden was nearing completion on his autobiography, "The Last Bandit."

"It was a great honor to work with such a legendary figure, and his warmth and generosity of spirit will not be forgotten," Secretly Canadian said in a statement. "He was a good man in endless pursuit of his artistic dreams. We extend our deepest sympathies to his friends and family."

27th March 2006 11:05 PM
Bob Tamp So sad, and so young. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all those who loved him.
27th March 2006 11:30 PM
prodigalson RIP nikki.. i love your music..say hi to thunders for me.
28th March 2006 02:00 AM
FotiniD Those are really sad news Never got the chance to meet Nikki, but still. So young. May he rest in peace and lots of thoughts and prayers for those who loved him.
28th March 2006 02:40 AM
RollingstonesUSA R.I.P.
28th March 2006 04:51 AM
SessionsMartin. R.I.P. Nikki.

Great fun, great spirit. He lived for his music and writing.

Martin.
28th March 2006 04:55 AM
waaghals Very sad news indeed. I'd like to remember him as a very warm and true Rolling Stones fan who was very humble about what he did himself. A true gentleman pirate who left us too early!
28th March 2006 05:59 AM
FotiniD I visited his site and the forum, where he kept an online journal. His last entry was just a few days ago, March 23rd and it was about his brother

So sad really. So out of the blue and damn tragic.
28th March 2006 09:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man I met him in the queue for the Ronnie gig at the Shepard’s Bush Empire a few years back. We were chatting for quite a bit. He was a very nice man. He was a very heavy smoker though.

Rest in peace Nikki
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)