ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Arriving in Sydney
Stephane L'hostis/GI - Thanks Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foro Sol Mexico City 26th February 2006 - Setlist, Photos, Reviews, MP3s and videos Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
28th February 2006 03:13 AM
FotiniD Sounds like a great show and the pics are amazing. You must have enjoyed it very much Voodoo! Happy for you!
28th February 2006 05:37 AM
speedfreakjive The tour has begun here, in Mexico City, now for the good stuff!
28th February 2006 08:18 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwdbR6r4NFE
28th February 2006 08:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Many news in Spanish here (67 articles some of them with pix)
28th February 2006 08:48 AM
stonezone9 Beautiful pics Cleik!
It looks like the Stones really enjoyed this show.
I'm so glad to see that you guys are having a great time in Mexico.
I still can't believe I could not go, it's one of the locations I've been wanting to see a show for many years.
Thanks for the pics and the show comments, it helps, a little.

Hugs,Michaelene
28th February 2006 09:49 AM
ROCKISS http://www.fai.com.mx/stones/

right here you can see some short video clips and some pics I found them on a motley crue message board
[Edited by ROCKISS]
28th February 2006 10:05 AM
ROCKISS more from Mexico City

Angie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIhI61fr-NU&search=rolling%20stones%20mexico

satisfaction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkFOtpKuEA0&search=rolling%20stones%20mexico
28th February 2006 10:53 AM
TomL What a wonderful time in Mexico City the past four days. To my host Mr. VoodooChileinWonderland- You showed me Mexico City like no other could. You have a very lovely wife and three wonderful daughters. That little one cracks me up, she has too much of you in her. Wait 10 years from now, she will give you a run for your money. It was a pleasure meeting your brothers and nephews, very good people. I thank you very much for taking me into your home and treating me like family. You did a very good job at it because I felt like I was around family. I also thank you for being my voice in MC; I do not think I could have done it with out you.

Mexico City was a wonderful cultural experience for me. I enjoyed seeing the life styles and every day habits of your country. I got to see so much history and landscapes like never before. What a huge city, 23 million people. Night life like I have never seen in any other city, it was amazing.

Left for Dulles around 3 on Friday where I got toasted before getting on the plane. Had a few drinks and boarded. I am so glad the plane was not full there was this lady that would not shut up next to me. I had to move. I got a whole row of three seats to myself. We landed on time at 9:46 PM.

Voodoo picked me up from the airport about 10 Friday night and we went to the Hard Rock for a bit , then off to another place ( I can’t remember the name) but had a blast. I think we got back to his house around 5 AM. What a collection of music he has, amazing. We decided to make a video message to Gazza wishing him well. Boy were we hammered. He showed me how the South Americans greeted Gazza also, bet you love that Gary!!!

I guess we slept till around noon or so then we went for a nice breakfast. That afternoon we drove out of the city to the mountains where his oldest daughter was in camp for the week. It was nice to see the small towns and the markets of the people. We stopped and had some tacos (real ones) for lunch. The camp was in a very beautiful area within the mountains. We then proceeded back to the city where we arrived back I guess around 8PM. We went out to a place with some rock history (sort of like a hard rock) and had some beers and a small bite to eat. We then went to a place called Route 61 to hear some blues. We were pounding them in there. A very good band from Argentina was playing. After their last set I went over to the leader and asked him to play some stones stuff. He called the owner over and asked if it was ok. They played about 5 to 6 songs, the place went fucking crazy, people were dancing up a fucking storm. Then Voodoo pulled a Nanky (like you did in NYC), it was great. We arrived back at Voodoo’s about 6 AM. We then proceeded to make the worst version of Some Girls you will ever hear. That mother fucker is crazy.

I slept till 2 PM and woke up with a pounding head, and I never get a hangover.

Buy the time we showered and dressed it was time to go to the pre-party at the Grand Prix. We arrived around 5 PM and the hotel was directly across from the stadium. There I got to see Voodoo’s brothers (which were wonderful and very good people), E-Moon, Sweet Thing, Fidel, Sharp E, and so many others. I am sorry if I can not remember everyone’s names, but first of all I am bad at remembering names and all the Spanish was throwing me off. And the three people from Holland, thanks for the beer. It was wonderful meeting FA, and the gift of the pictures was wonderful and will look great in my stones room. I will remember that forever.

Off to the stadium at about 8 PM, it was a long walk there due to only a couple of entrances. I never saw police presence like that before at a concert. There was not an extra ticket to be found anywhere, for any price. We had great seats, 11th row next to the B ramp dead center. I have never seen so many tents of boots in my life. There must have been a hundred of them at least, maybe more. There was some really good stuff there. The Mexican crowd was great, Mick even brushed up his Spanish and the crowd enjoyed it. No surprise with the set list but the band was very tight.

After the show we went back to the Grand Prix to have a few beers. We (Voodoo, myself, his wife and brother) then went for tacos around 1 AM or so. I guess we got back to the Casa de Voodoo at about 2 or so. It was a good thing because I had to get up at 6 or so to get to the airport. Plus I think the last couple of days coming in at 6 AM were starting to catch up. What a wonderful experience it was. In the morning I got to see his girls off to school. Voodoo then told me he was going to be on the radio that afternoon giving a review of the show. I then grabbed a cab and headed back to the airport. I got there at 8 for a 10 o’clock flight. So the only thing to do was go to the bar and start drinking, and you can smoke there, a double bonus. The plane was packed coming back though. I got into Dulles on time at 3:10. Off to the bar after leaving the airport where I met Terri. I could not stop talking about the wonderful time I had and was still on a high from the weekend. So I had to go to the store on the way home to get more beer. I still want to be there but reality has set in. It was the perfect time for a great weekend after loosing my dad. Plus I have Little Rock and Ft. Lauderdale to look forward to also.

Voodoo thank you so much for the great DF stones shirt, it will remain in the collection forever. I enjoyed our 6 AM sessions in your studio; wish we could do it forever. Again your family was super and you should be very proud. I know you are and will be in the future. You will never know how much it meant to me. And the two pix from FA will hang in my collection till I am no longer here. I am so grateful to him. We rocked the fucking DF brother, and I think we put a dent in it. We tried anyway. I hope you and your family can get to the states sometime, I would love to host you one day. Your generosity was and always will be deeply appreciated. I know there were some things I must have missed, but there was so much in so little time.

In closing, concerts come and go, but the way you took me in and made your casa my casa will stay in my memory forever. Your kind heart and soul meant so much. It is not the concert I will remember, it will be you and your family, your brothers and all the fine Mexican people I met.

Now you go rock Monterrey you Mexican bastard. I think we better give up our singing career.
Sincerely and with deep gratitude,
TomL, your fine American bastard friend for life.

PS- Fuck You Gazza ( that South American shit was funny as hell). Voodoo you are one of a kind.

One Love, One Love……………………………………………..
28th February 2006 11:24 AM
jb Thanks TomL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get down to Tijuana?

cc:jc
[Edited by jb]
28th February 2006 11:31 AM
TomL No but close. No sheep though, although going to pick up his daughter we saw fields of them. Nanky would of been in heaven.
28th February 2006 11:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks for your words Tom! I'm almost crying reading your review as it makes me remember times that are gone. I had a great time with you. My brother says hi and yes you lucky bastard to Fernando Aceves originals and signed, this is Mexican generosity with cool foreigners

What a pity ChrisK missed this one

28th February 2006 11:55 AM
TomL No thank you my fine mexican friend. I'll never forget those videos, you crazy bastard. Back to reality till next Thursday when i go to LR and FLL, I will be thinking of you. Rest so you can rock Monterry. Go get the mamasittas...
28th February 2006 01:25 PM
LadyJane Wonderful review Tom.

I'll say it again cause it bears repeating.

This tour has been extra extra special because it seems EVERYONE is going the extra mile to meet their "cyberpals". These are friendships that will last long after the Stones stop touring.

I've met some of my best friends on these Boards. Some of the kindest people in the world. It's quite special.

Now let's all go to Amsterdam!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
28th February 2006 03:51 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Wonderful review Tom.

I'll say it again cause it bears repeating.

This tour has been extra extra special because it seems EVERYONE is going the extra mile to meet their "cyberpals". These are friendships that will last long after the Stones stop touring.

I've met some of my best friends on these Boards. Some of the kindest people in the world. It's quite special.

Now let's all go to Amsterdam!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

Sadly, many cyber-friendships will also cease to exist as the reality of lifes priorities settle in.............Unfortunately, Mexico got "Omaha'ed" but the meeting of TomL and Voodoo made it "special" for them..
28th February 2006 03:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Sadly, many cyber-friendships will also cease to exist as the reality of lifes priorities settle in.............Unfortunately, Mexico got "Omaha'ed" but the meeting of TomL and Voodoo made it "special" for them..

regretfully, we will continue to be despised far after the tour is over and after we reduce our posting.
28th February 2006 04:09 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

regretfully, we will continue to be despised far after the tour is over and after we reduce our posting.

Plus Amsterdam is wide fucking open at a horrible venue!!!! This would be a mistake LJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28th February 2006 04:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Plus Amsterdam is wide fucking open at a horrible venue!!!! This would be a mistake LJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The second show was a complete mistake. Ticket prices as low as they are, this could be a financial disaster putting us in the hole. I am afraid they will have to cancel this show and Young Jake may have to take over more of the logistics as this was a mistake.

Thankfully the Sweeden shows have sold great (this is a nod to Sweeden's favorite son, Erik!!!)
28th February 2006 04:22 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The second show was a complete mistake. Ticket prices as low as they are, this could be a financial disaster putting us in the hole. I am afraid they will have to cancel this show and Young Jake may have to take over more of the logistics as this was a mistake.

Thankfully the Sweeden shows have sold great (this is a nod to Sweeden's favorite son, Erik!!!)

I have heard horror story's about sales for 2nd show...see dictionary under word "abysmal".
28th February 2006 04:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I have heard horror story's about sales for 2nd show...see dictionary under word "abysmal".

this may be worse than the MSG New Years Eve show this year! I fear if the show goes on, entire sections will be tarped off. This may resemble a Tampa Bay Devil Ray's baseball game!
28th February 2006 07:41 PM
speedfreakjive this pic is a personal fave of mine.

how f*cking cool can you get?!!
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
28th February 2006 10:35 PM
MrPleasant Great read TomL, and it was nice keeping those Stones pictures for you, at the hotel.

TomL for the Nobel Peace Prize!
28th February 2006 10:50 PM
jb NO AMSTERDAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28th February 2006 11:04 PM
TomL But the second show is on my birthday. I went for my 40th in London in 99 when I met that fucker Gazza.
28th February 2006 11:46 PM
jb
quote:
TomL wrote:
But the second show is on my birthday. I went for my 40th in London in 99 when I met that fucker Gazza.

Go TomL...........and happy Birthday.........sadly, like the theater in Boca tonight(27 people including me and 2 sons) 2nd show is incredibly widce fucking open!!!!!!
1st March 2006 01:43 PM
TomL No thank you MrPleasant, and it was a pleasure meeting you. Back to some reality till Little Rock and FLL.
3rd March 2006 02:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl More pix, now by Juan Pablo I with thanks to Gypsy!!

3rd March 2006 02:30 PM
nankerphelge Previously undisclosed pics of TomL in Mexico!

Howe could Voodoo have let this happen??

3rd March 2006 03:20 PM
TomL High heels do something to me. WoW, nice sheep.
4th March 2006 11:19 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The low spark of high heeled sheeps!

4th March 2006 11:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Now three more by Fernando Aceves, a Charlie sequence in Mexico City

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)