ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Mom Doris Sick...More Snort Backtracking Return to archive
6th April 2007 09:50 AM
gimmekeef What Keith told his cancer-hit mum about snorting his father's ashes
By Richard Simpson -

When Keith Richards gave an interview this week in which he spoke of snorting his father's ashes in a line of cocaine, his fans were aghast and entertained in equal measure.

Yet it has emerged that not everyone was so amused by the grizzled Rolling Stones guitarist's claim.

Scroll down for more ...

Keith Richards now says he was only joking when he told the NME that he had snorted his father's (right) ashes in a drugs binge
More....

Day I snorted my father's ashes, by Keith Richards

Keith's family, who are currently fighting their own very personal battle, are understood to have been so taken aback by the claim, which attracted worldwide attention, that they pushed him to make a retraction.

Keith has now put out a statement claiming that his words had simply been a joke, the meaning of which was "lost in translation".

The reason for such sensitivity within the Richards fold is that Keith's mother has recently been diagnosed as suffering from cancer.

Scroll down for more ...

The Richards women: Keith's mother Doris with his wife Patti Hansen

Five weeks ago she was moved from the small terraced house she shared with Keith's stepfather William in Dartford, Kent, to a private hospital near Chichester where Keith has a home.

Since returning from the Stones's most recent world tour, Keith has kept a bedside vigil. Doris's husband William revealed she first become sick 10 months ago.

Speaking to the Mail last May, at around the same time Keith was undergoing brain surgery after falling out of a coconut tree in Fiji, William spoke of his hope that his beloved Doris would recover.

He said: "This all seems to have happened at the same time.

"When Keith became ill we already had a lot on our plates. But just as Keith is as strong as an ox, so is my Doris and I'm really hoping she'll pull through."

Sadly, Doris's condition is not understood to have improved.

Family sensitivities are understandably running high - and it was against that background that Keith's comments about his father emerged this week.

Richards made headlines around the world with his extraordinary comments in an interview with NME magazine.

He described mixing the cremated remains of his dad, Bert, who died in 2002 aged 84, with cocaine and snorting them during a drugs bender.

Realising the furore his comments had caused, and the resulting upset among his family, Richards backtracked on the claim the very next day.

"The complete story is lost in translation,' Richards said in a new statement.

"The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it.

"I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight."

He added: "I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide."

NME magazine is standing by its story. Mark Beaumont, the journalist who conducted the interview, insisted it had been no throwaway joke.

"He didn't offer the information, I had to ask him a couple of questions to get the information out of him.

"He didn't come straight out with that," Beaumont said.

A source close to Richards said: "In retrospect it was an unfortunate comment.

"And it was not met with too much enthusiasm in the Richards fold, who have their own worries at the moment."

©2007 Associated Newspapers Ltd · Terms & Conditions · Privacy
6th April 2007 10:05 AM
MrPleasant Today's header tells me that snorting was definitely there. I ain't buying no contradictory lies.
6th April 2007 10:37 AM
Saint Sway obviously after all the fuss and bad press from snort gate, I really dont think that Keith would snort his moms ashes...

I'm sure he'll just cook her up with some smack and inject her instead
6th April 2007 11:20 AM
glencar Keith has erred. This proves taht there are actually times when even bad publicity is worse than no publicity.
6th April 2007 11:23 AM
Martha Saint Sway...is that a photo of my darlin' Derek? :-)

Keith, I am sending your Mother prayers.

peace,
MM

Imagine all the people
living for today.
6th April 2007 11:27 AM
Saint Sway Martha, the pic is of Rich Robinson

but I will change it today to Derek in your honor. Cuz he rules and so do you.

cheers!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)