ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WHY DOESN'T MICK DO IT ANYMORE? Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th April 2007 03:30 PM
GotToRollMe They still have their moments onstage, like this one from the first BA show last year.

5th April 2007 04:07 PM
jb You have to look far and wide to see any positive relationship between them these days..a couple of pics of them ostensibly having fun on stage does not in the least discount their hatred towards one another off the stage...they (particularly Mike) want nothing to do with each other...The Glimmer Twins ended sometime b/t 77-81.
5th April 2007 04:09 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
You have to look far and wide to see any positive relationship between them these days..a couple of pics of them ostensibly having fun on stage does not in the least discount their hatred towards one another off the stage...they (particularly Mike) want nothing to do with each other...The Glimmer Twins ended sometime b/t 77-81.

how was your day in court?
5th April 2007 04:12 PM
jb [quote]Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

how was your day in court?
[/quote/}

I embarrassed another insurance defense atty, but that is nothing new. He was not dutch.
[Edited by jb]
5th April 2007 04:18 PM
Saint Sway Mick and Keith still go bass fishing bright and early every sunday morning.

as bad as things have gotten at times between them, they've never missed a fly fishing date together

how many of us can say the same??
5th April 2007 04:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
At the Dublin 2003 show, Keith kind of shadowed Mick for about 30 seconds & Mick didn't look at all amused when he turned around & realized what was happening.

There was also one moment at those shows where Mick shadowed Keith in the small extension at the front of the stage, and Keith - not too impressed at Mick trying to steal his limelight - turned to him and told him quite clearly to "fuck off".

Mick duly complied.
5th April 2007 04:25 PM
Nellcote Is this what was meant by "why does Mick not do this anymore?"

[Edited by Nellcote]
5th April 2007 04:26 PM
GotToRollMe I hate it when mom and dad fight.
5th April 2007 04:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Is this what was meant by "why does Mick noty do this anymore?"

^ that was great!

that was the night Woody & Belushi did a speedball mixed with Lorne Michaels fathers ashes. Fun times...
5th April 2007 04:34 PM
luxury1 There was a humorous moment at one of the Philly shows this tour when Mick missed his mark three times, all within the first couple songs of the show. Ronnie turned around to Charlie and Keith and held up three fingers, with a huge fucking grin on his face, and motioned with his thumb toward Mick behind his shoulder. I know, I know, those hands should have been on his guitar...

I love when Mick will visibly grimace at those cacophonous Ronnie solos. I tend to myself...

I recently saw a clip from a show in 76, Wild Horses, and Ronnie played a flowing, melodic solo. WHat has happened to him?
5th April 2007 04:36 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
There was a humorous moment at one of the Philly shows this tour when Mick missed his mark three times, all within the first couple songs of the show. Ronnie turned around to Charlie and Keith and held up three fingers, with a huge fucking grin on his face, and motioned with his thumb toward Mick behind his shoulder. I know, I know, those hands should have been on his guitar...

I love when Mick will visibly grimace at those cacophonous Ronnie solos. I tend to myself...

I recently saw a clip from a show in 76, Wild Horses, and Ronnie played a flowing, melodic solo. WHat has happened to him?

Booze, heroine. That has happened to him.
5th April 2007 04:36 PM
pdog
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
There was a humorous moment at one of the Philly shows this tour when Mick missed his mark three times, all within the first couple songs of the show. Ronnie turned around to Charlie and Keith and held up three fingers, with a huge fucking grin on his face, and motioned with his thumb toward Mick behind his shoulder. I know, I know, those hands should have been on his guitar...

Ronnie is immitating Keiths decline, or is told to hold back, to not outshine Keith.
5th April 2007 04:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
WHat has happened to him?

mmmmmm... drugs are bad. MMMMkay??
5th April 2007 05:34 PM
luxury1 Eric Clapton doesnt suck.

I refuse to believe drugs and alcohol stole all that talent. I think pdog may be on to something...
5th April 2007 05:38 PM
GotToRollMe At first glance I thought this thread was about Mick snorting ashes.
5th April 2007 05:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Eric Clapton doesnt suck.

I refuse to believe drugs and alcohol stole all that talent. I think pdog may be on to something...

Clapton did drugs in the 70s and then cleaned up. I remember reading an article about Eric being clean in the 80s and talking about helping Charlie out.

problem is Ronnie did drink an drugs in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s... he's fried himself.

its a shame. He was an excellent musician. Great slide player. AMAZING acoustic player in the early 70s. Top notch lap steel player. Just brilliant. And woefully underated. And he's obviously a great guy too. But he let the partying take over his personality. Fun, good time Ronnie became a 24 hour thing and he let the musician side slip

he can certainly still deliver. But he clearly suffers from ADD and memory loss from being fried. So now we only get moments of brilliance. Flashes. Surrounded by huge lapses uselessness onstage. Keith too. But to a far less degree. Keith seems concentrated mostly. Just his age has limited what he's still able to do.

I've seen lots of once great musicians who are currently on the loser end of drug abuse come thru my friends clubs over the years. It happens. These guys get fried and just lose it. You cant get it back either.
5th April 2007 05:58 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Clapton did drugs in the 70s and then cleaned up. I remember reading an article about Eric being clean in the 80s and talking about helping Charlie out.

problem is Ronnie did drink an drugs in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s... he's fried himself.

its a shame. He was an excellent musician. Great slide player. AMAZING acoustic player in the early 70s. Top notch lap steel player. Just brilliant. And woefully underated. And he's obviously a great guy too. But he let the partying take over his personality. Fun, good time Ronnie became a 24 hour thing and he let the musician side slip

he can certainly still deliver. But he clearly suffers from ADD and memory loss from being fried. So now we only get moments of brilliance. Flashes. Surrounded by huge lapses uselessness onstage. Keith too. But to a far less degree. Keith seems concentrated mostly. Just his age has limited what he's still able to do.

I've seen lots of once great musicians who are currently on the loser end of drug abuse come thru my friends clubs over the years. It happens. These guys get fried and just lose it. You cant get it back either.

Ain't it the truth though. Even though I still maintain he carried them through the fall leg of the tour, I can't argue with ya there.
5th April 2007 06:01 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

There was also one moment at those shows where Mick shadowed Keith in the small extension at the front of the stage, and Keith - not too impressed at Mick trying to steal his limelight - turned to him and told him quite clearly to "fuck off".

Mick duly complied.

Ah! Yes, Keith is one who can give it but can't take it. That's expected in rock stars.
5th April 2007 06:03 PM
luxury1 Oh boy, that doesnt bode well for Woodie.

Watch Mick go out after the release of his next solo project and have one or two slick guitar players with him on stage. He still has something to prove; and maybe, just maybe, we will get a mini Jagger tour in the US this time.

5th April 2007 06:05 PM
luxury1 Rockstars?? I know plenty of regular folks who can dish it out, but cant stand the mirror turned on themselves. tsk, tsk.
5th April 2007 09:19 PM
texile
quote:
luxury1 wrote:

those are hilarious...
almost as hilarious and charlie's grimaces in some of the 70s videos..
5th April 2007 11:19 PM
Bruno There is one thing Mick does/did to Ronnie onstage that he would never ever dare to do to Keith: take the cigarette off his mouth.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)