ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WHY DOESN'T MICK DO IT ANYMORE? Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th April 2007 08:09 PM
fireontheplatter i have noticed in past video clips that mick tends to pick on ronnie a lot...i mean when they are in the middle of a song mick would come over to ronnie and push or shove him around. i always thought this kind of behavior from skinny mick was a bit much.

he doesn't seem to do it anymore.

i got a recent dvd from the late 70's and i can see that mick was gunning for ron wood and he looks terrified out of his mind, because he new mick was going to shove him again.
4th April 2007 08:13 PM
Gazza The only reason why he did it with Ronnie in the first place is because he knows Charlie or Keith would kick his bollocks in

Can you imagine Keith's reaction if Mick had tried that face-licking nonsense on Saturday Night Live on HIM?
4th April 2007 08:18 PM
mrhipfl never heard about that. Sounds like some dick moves to me. Glad he grew out of it, Ronnie's the man.
4th April 2007 08:20 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
never heard about that. Sounds like some dick moves to me. Glad he grew out of it, Ronnie's the man.

oh come on now.... i am sure you have seen this on dvd.
4th April 2007 09:22 PM
CraigP Classic show when Ronnie jumps on Mick's back during "she's so cold" and mick throws him over his head on LSTNT. Ronnie had that landing down pat.
4th April 2007 10:17 PM
iluvmickjagger07 any youtube videos available?
the only time i've seen mick do it was in the 'crazy mama' video.
i was pretty damn funny... poor ronnie
5th April 2007 04:42 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
never heard about that. Sounds like some dick moves to me. Glad he grew out of it, Ronnie's the man.

Ronnie was nodding off in a coke induced stupor; it was Mick's way of snapping him out of it.
5th April 2007 04:44 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Mr Hip,

Were you at the Who show on the 18th?? Talked to a young buck in a Stones shirt, for a second, who said he's on RO. Thought he might have been you or he did not know what I was talking about and just went along with the drunk.

Me, I was wearing my grey Too Tough Die tee.
[Edited by TampabayStone]
5th April 2007 04:51 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The only reason why he did it with Ronnie in the first place is because he knows Charlie or Keith would kick his bollocks in

Can you imagine Keith's reaction if Mick had tried that face-licking nonsense on Saturday Night Live on HIM?

No, but they do exchange some weird glances
There's lots of Mick provoking Keith and vice versa on SNL.

On topic again, I liked the Mick / Ronnie energy on stage, kind of miss it (without ever seeing it live of course, but anyway, you get the point).
5th April 2007 10:18 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Mr Hip,

Were you at the Who show on the 18th?? Talked to a young buck in a Stones shirt, for a second, who said he's on RO. Thought he might have been you or he did not know what I was talking about and just went along with the drunk.

Me, I was wearing my grey Too Tough Die tee.
[Edited by TampabayStone]

Nope, wasn't me. You going to the Tampa Bay Blues fest this year? Jerry Lee Lewis and George Thorogood are headlining.
5th April 2007 10:25 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The only reason why he did it with Ronnie in the first place is because he knows Charlie or Keith would kick his bollocks in

I strongly concur.
5th April 2007 10:39 AM
glencar At the Dublin 2003 show, Keith kind of shadowed Mick for about 30 seconds & Mick didn't look at all amused when he turned around & realized what was happening.
5th April 2007 11:12 AM
LSTNT I always thought Mick did it to wake Woody up. He did this on the Licks tour and the current tour. I think it was his attempt to get something out of the guitar players, he choose Woody because Keith is a lost cause.
5th April 2007 11:15 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
At the Dublin 2003 show, Keith kind of shadowed Mick for about 30 seconds & Mick didn't look at all amused when he turned around & realized what was happening.

Which one?
5th April 2007 11:19 AM
glencar I think it was the second one, towards the end of the show. It was quite funny!
5th April 2007 11:20 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think it was the second one, towards the end of the show. It was quite funny!

I don't even remember which one I attended...gotta stop drinking someday...
5th April 2007 11:21 AM
_Boomy_ Ever see the "Four Flicks" Paris show during "No Expectations"?

When Keith is standing right behind Mick at the beginning. About a minute later Mick looks behind and is like "WTF?!?".
5th April 2007 11:22 AM
glencar
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Ever see the "Four Flicks" Paris show during "No Expectations"?

When Keith is standing right behind Mick at the beginning. About a minute later Mick looks behind and is like "WTF?!?".

I just watched it last week but missed that! I will "check it out"!
5th April 2007 11:23 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just watched it last week but missed that! I will "check it out"!

Don't forget the part (JJF) when Keith tries to get under the stairs!
5th April 2007 11:24 AM
_Boomy_ Or the part where Mick fucks up "Hand of Fate"!
5th April 2007 11:24 AM
glencar
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I don't even remember which one I attended...gotta stop drinking someday...

Well, the scond one was on the anniversary of 9-11 & there was a bit of nastiness when a band/venue spokesman tried to commemorate the tragedy. I was with some friends & we stood for both nights right at the front. By the end of the second night, my shin splints were KILLING me!
5th April 2007 11:25 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Don't forget the part (JJF) when Keith tries to get under the stairs!

Or the the fact that "Heartbreaker" sounded like a disco tune (per Chuck's plinkity-plonkin').
5th April 2007 11:38 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

Or the the fact that "Heartbreaker" sounded like a disco tune (per Chuck's plinkity-plonkin').

Or the fact that we could not hear any guitars!
5th April 2007 12:23 PM
jb Agree with Gazza...even in the early boots, Mick kept a distance from KR on stage....the only time they really seemed to enjoy each other was the sharing of the microphone in the 70's.
5th April 2007 12:55 PM
glencar I've seen Mick smile at KR on occasion...
5th April 2007 12:56 PM
glencar Joshy, will you be headed to Londonistan this summer?
5th April 2007 12:56 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've seen Mick smile at KR on occasion...

Not often.
5th April 2007 01:58 PM
oldkr on the budokan dvd you can clearly see keith mouthing his sentiments at mick! it always good to see them charge past each other on stage its like the red arrows doing that head on collision thing

OLDKR
5th April 2007 02:13 PM
MidnightRambler
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Ever see the "Four Flicks" Paris show during "No Expectations"?

Actually I always thought it was because Keith rushed into the intro and sorta fucked it up. Mick is supposed to start off that song...but Keith comes bustin through. Mick looks at him like..."Damn it...ok let's fix this..."

One of the most uncomfortable Mick vs Keith moments I've seen is on the Chicago Jan '03 show during Licks. I think it was the 2nd show? You can see this on the video of this show.

Not sure...but Mick and Keith exchanged some mighty loud words on the b-stage. Keith starts off LARS, I think, but Mick is like right behind him...then Mick shouts "Watch out!" and runs to the other side of the stage. Keith begins screaming(??) and pointing at Mick as he walks over to him...he spoke very closely in his ear and then the weirdest part...it looked like Mick was laughing it off. They then began to make it look like they were telling each other a joke. Very odd.
5th April 2007 02:33 PM
texile
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

No, but they do exchange some weird glances
There's lots of Mick provoking Keith and vice versa on SNL.

On topic again, I liked the Mick / Ronnie energy on stage, kind of miss it (without ever seeing it live of course, but anyway, you get the point).

me too - it had a crazy energy....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)