ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Muddy Waters!!! Return to archive
3rd April 2007 01:19 PM
Nellcote April 4, 1915
He'd be 92
Yes, the father of the Blues, there is no other.
Lucky to have caught him in '78, Paradise Theater, Bahston

It's 3AM in Sydney, so, I can start this now.

3rd April 2007 01:39 PM
gimmekeef Thanks Nellcote...Yes a true legend and I too was fortunate to see him live.King of Kings.........Thank you Mr Morganfield!
3rd April 2007 05:10 PM
mrhipfl I think the father of the blues title should go to Robert Johnson. But yeah, Muddy Waters was gold.
3rd April 2007 05:52 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I think the father of the blues title should go to Robert Johnson. But yeah, Muddy Waters was gold.

Yes good call...but it was Muddy among others that took the artform into the 50's and beyond to new generations....In his own special way...
3rd April 2007 06:21 PM
fireontheplatter absolutly...are you kidding?
muddy was the shit.
bless him....
3rd April 2007 06:28 PM
Saint Sway Happy Birthday???????

the poor dude's dead. Whats so happy about it?

snort the ashes and move on
5th April 2007 06:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
5th April 2007 07:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Shit and we didn't make a good header to honor Muddy! Blame on me you suckers! LOL

Anyway, let me tell ya why and I'm serious

Why the fucking fuck the Rolling Stones have never played "Rollin' Stone" by Muddy Waters LIVE?

Why?

WHY?
5th April 2007 07:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well, at least Humble Pie did it
5th April 2007 07:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That song was the inspiration to give the band a name, so why it has never played live by the Rolling Stones is something I can't get it

So, for the European Leg of this tour they MUST include this song, a long version!
5th April 2007 07:38 PM
Nellcote No truer words Voodoo.
Muddy was the man.
That was the reason I posted that cut.

Here's a story, which I will share from a dj who was on in Bahston for over 30 years. It was from his program director...

"It was my yearly ritual to send Muddy Waters a Bottle of Dom Perignon for his birthday on April the 4th.
When I called him on the day of his last birthday in 1983, he was very upbeat: "Oh, I am drinking that champagne as we speak " he said that day, (but that was not the case; he was in fact ill, and he would be gone 26 days later on April the 30th).
I traveled to Chicago for his funeral. My friend, and his son and I,traveled from California, and together we paid our last respects to Muddy and his family.
I had traveled to Muddy's home in Westmont eight years earlier for his 60th birthday. Muddy liked to be home for his birthday. These were joyous times in the Waters' household: the celebration would last 3 or 4 days, with lots of food, champagne, and calls from old friends; telegrams, cakes, and bottles of wine.
It was very interesting to see the homage that was extended to Muddy on his birthday from the likes of the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, the Allman Brothers, Peter Wolf and many more. Muddy had a small locked closet in a playroom downstairs. I was in this closet during my visit on his 60th birthday. In it was stored a collection of guitars, including the Red Fender Telecaster, 1 or 2 small amps and his birthday gifts. On the day of his funeral, I asked to see what was in the closet (his Red Fender Telecaster was buried with him at his request) the closet held an acoustic and an electric guitar and the amps- and the last gifts were still intact: a bottle of Haut Brion from Eric Clapton, Dom Perignon from Peter Wolf and my bottle of Dom as well..."

BTW, I see my stature has been upgraded here @ RO.
I feel as if I have received another notch towards Resident Cretin.
[Edited by Nellcote]
5th April 2007 09:51 PM
nappyrags yowsuh
5th April 2007 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I repeat!

Are you a rollin' stone?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)