ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CUTLER ON ALTAMONT Return to archive
3rd April 2007 09:30 AM
Homercles Came across this today on www.themusic.com.au

"Qld resident Sam Cutler was tour manager of the 1969 Rolling Stones trek through America which ended at the infamous Altamont concert where Hells Angels went haywire and killed a man. Cutler will discuss the tour when the Realm Collective Inc and Muddy River Music present the doco about that tour, "Gimme Shelter" on Sat April 28 at Ellaways Music Auditorium, 39 - 45 Compton Rd, Underwood. Greg Dodge will host. The screening/Q&A were sell-outs in Sydney and Melbourne. Phone bookings: (07) 3290 5656"

3rd April 2007 11:31 AM
gimmekeef 'Please climb down off that scaffold"......
3rd April 2007 11:35 AM
Saint Sway anyone remember exactly what it was he said to the black guy who wanted to help out by the stage early in the day... something about not wanting to drop massive bummers on people.... now go fuck off...

I cant remember exactly what it was but it cracked me up
3rd April 2007 01:00 PM
MikeyC613 "Well I mean the guy's really freaking out"
"Tough shit"
"Well what do you mean tough shit?"
"Sorry, baby, I don't mean tough shit, what I mean is, if you go around laying succesive numbers of bummers this crowd will be in a real mood"
3rd April 2007 01:09 PM
MikeyC613 Cutler lives

Who would win in a fight

Sam Cutler v. Sonny Barger?
3rd April 2007 01:09 PM
MikeyC613 Cutler lives

Who would win in a fight

Sam Cutler v. Sonny Barger?

I think Cutler's stache could do some real damage
3rd April 2007 01:35 PM
gimmekeef Funniest part of Altamont movie was the naive white hippie chick collecting for the Panther Defense Fund....she explains their behaviour by saying..."Afterall their only........"......so typical of that era.....
3rd April 2007 06:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
"Well I mean the guy's really freaking out"
"Tough shit"
"Sorry, baby, I don't mean tough shit, what I mean is, if you go around laying succesive numbers of bummers this crowd will be in a real mood"

^ YES!!! Thats the quote

frig-gin hilarious!

gonna use it as my new sig
4th April 2007 12:11 AM
Egbert
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Funniest part of Altamont movie was the naive white hippie chick collecting for the Panther Defense Fund....she explains their behaviour by saying..."Afterall their only........"......so typical of that era.....

And tell me that's not Tony Sanchez on her pamphlet.
4th April 2007 02:48 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Egbert wrote:

And tell me that's not Tony Sanchez on her pamphlet.

Did anyone ever call ya Eggbert?
4th April 2007 10:54 PM
Chuck
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
"Well I mean the guy's really freaking out"
"Tough shit"

Actually, the above dialogue was between Cutler and a white guy with a beard and glasses.

The guy with the glasses goes on to say to Cutler and Michael Laing (fringed jacket): "alright well up at woodstock this was done and you were there and you know announcements were made."

A few scenes later, the black guy who is trying to help out tells Cutler: "This cat over there man. he just told me to do it."

Cutler says something like: "Well I'm sorry. He shouldn't have told you that, and I can take care of it myself, and what I'd really like is for you to get off the stage baby."

The black guy says: "ok well I can dig it man, you know"

Cutler says: "Thanks anyway."

The black guy then says either "alright. fuck it" or "alright. fuck you" as he walks off.
4th April 2007 10:58 PM
Chuck
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Funniest part of Altamont movie was the naive white hippie chick collecting for the Panther Defense Fund....she explains their behaviour by saying..."Afterall their only........"......so typical of that era.....

I always thought that scene was staged for yuks. And she didn't look like a hippie at all.
4th April 2007 11:00 PM
Egbert
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Did anyone ever call ya Eggbert?

Not sure - does the added g change the pronunciation?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)