ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Three cheers for the '76 tour Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd April 2007 09:13 PM
Mel Belli
2nd April 2007 09:20 PM
fireontheplatter hip hip hurray
hip hip hurray
hip hip hurrayyyyyyyy
2nd April 2007 09:23 PM
lotsajizz the Paris boot--the one where Keith just learned of his newborn's passing/stillbirth (?)--is awesome! Keith with some of his finest work.

[Edited by lotsajizz]
2nd April 2007 09:25 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the Paris boot--the one where Keith just learned of his newborn's passing/stillbirth (?)--is awesome! Keith with some of his finest work.

[Edited by lotsajizz]

That really is a heartbreaking chapter of Keith's life. Doesn't get talked about much. I wonder how often Keith himself thinks about it. Every day?
2nd April 2007 09:36 PM
_Boomy_ Great find, Mel.

Thanks.
2nd April 2007 09:41 PM
Throwaway I know this show gets slagged a lot, and rightly so (a few songs were put on LYL, albeit edited versions), but overall the show is just fun. Sure Mick's singing aint the best but seeing such filthy versions of Hey Negrita, Star Star, etc is priceless...and dont forget the water throwing finale, SFM!
2nd April 2007 09:53 PM
Mel Belli "Hand Of Fate":

2nd April 2007 09:58 PM
Mel Belli "Jumpin' Jack Flash":

2nd April 2007 10:01 PM
Mel Belli The then-greatness of Ronnie Wood is marred only by the sight of Billy Preston playing a handheld keyboard.
2nd April 2007 10:02 PM
Mel Belli "Fool To Cry":

2nd April 2007 10:14 PM
Mel Belli "Star Star":

2nd April 2007 10:19 PM
Mel Belli "You Can't Always Get What You Want":

2nd April 2007 10:20 PM
Mel Belli "Happy":

2nd April 2007 10:21 PM
Mel Belli "Honky Tonk Women":

2nd April 2007 10:22 PM
Mel Belli Do I dare? "Outta Space":

2nd April 2007 10:29 PM
pdog good job Melli mel... Is this is setlist order....LOL!
2nd April 2007 10:30 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:
good job Melli mel... Is this is setlist order....LOL!

Not even close!
2nd April 2007 11:10 PM
GotToRollMe Just look at 'em...they were gods!
2nd April 2007 11:17 PM
Throwaway nice postings melli...though the 76 sets hardly changed, it was a cool setlist nonetheless, though i do prefer those from '75.
Honky Tonk Women
If You Can't Rock Me~Get Off Of My Cloud
Hand Of Fate
Hey Negrita
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Fool To Cry
Hot Stuff
Star Star
Cherry Oh Baby
Angie
You Gotta Move
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Nothing From Nothing
Outa-Space
Midnight Rambler
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
2nd April 2007 11:19 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
nice postings melli...though the 76 sets hardly changed, it was a cool setlist nonetheless, though i do prefer those from '75.
Honky Tonk Women
If You Can't Rock Me~Get Off Of My Cloud
Hand Of Fate
Hey Negrita
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
Fool To Cry
Hot Stuff
Star Star
Cherry Oh Baby
Angie
You Gotta Move
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Happy
Tumbling Dice
Nothing From Nothing
Outa-Space
Midnight Rambler
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Was this the tour (and, later, '78) that justified Keith's saying in '94 that "We're the guys who don't play 'Satisfaction' on stage very often"?
3rd April 2007 06:13 AM
Ronnie Richards Keith's playing on Ain't Too Proud To Beg from this show is among his finest moments...
3rd April 2007 08:57 AM
corgi37 Bit of a dirge. Jagger smoking is cool. No flow to it though. Sydney 06 was 100% better.

Transmission end.
3rd April 2007 08:58 AM
corgi37 And notice how Jagger doesnt jump anymore! Hasnt done so since 89.
3rd April 2007 09:40 AM
Gazza Keith deserved a medal for being able to perform at those Paris shows considering the turmoil he was in, but IMO 1976 is unquestionably their nadir as a live act, mostly because Mick's vocals were at their most unlistenable (as evidenced on the 1976 songs from Love You Live) and as a performer he had disappeared up his own wiggling arse in terms of self parody.

1975 was very good though.
3rd April 2007 09:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
And notice how Jagger doesnt jump anymore! Hasnt done so since 89.

he toned down the arse wiggling and over the top pouting from that tour on. Long overdue. To have kept that going into his mid 40's and beyond would have been excruciating
3rd April 2007 09:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Was this the tour (and, later, '78) that justified Keith's saying in '94 that "We're the guys who don't play 'Satisfaction' on stage very often"?

This and more.

Between 1971 and 1981, they only played 'Satisfaction' about ten times in all. In '72 it was part of that medley with 'Uptight' with Stevie Wonder's band at a few shows and it was played about four or five times in 1978. The only other appearance was when they opened the show with it at Knebworth in 1976.

Its been in the set (contrary to Keiths assertion) pretty much ever since, apart from the No Security tour of the US when they dropped it completely.

Shows how times have changed as they seem to think no one will return if they fail to perform any of the 7-8 "must play" songs at every concert

3rd April 2007 11:48 AM
yellerstang They might have sounded better if Keith and Ronnie hadn't been using stupid effects pedals on every song.

On one or two, I understand. But to use phaser on every god-damn song is just plain gay....
3rd April 2007 11:20 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
yellerstang wrote:
They might have sounded better if Keith and Ronnie hadn't been using stupid effects pedals on every song.

On one or two, I understand. But to use phaser on every god-damn song is just plain gay....

On ´´fool to cry´´it works,but 76 was their worst tour ever in my humble opinion.
3rd April 2007 11:29 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
On ´´fool to cry´´it works,but 76 was their worst tour ever in my humble opinion.

I see what you guys are saying, but at least on songs like "Hand Of Fate," I think all cylinders were firing. They were in an era of excess; but the core elements were still there, present and accounted for.
4th April 2007 06:12 AM
corgi37 How come Europe didnt get the Lotus stage?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)