ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JJF At Double (Dooble) Door 1997 Video - It Rocks! Return to archive
1st April 2007 09:47 AM
Bruno I was going through some JJF videos and then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJrZhj8DxIU&mode=related&search=

Amazing! Where was this? Info, please.

The Stones gotta come back to that: playing in little stages and everybody half a meter away from each other.
1st April 2007 10:02 AM
fireontheplatter that was good...
i am thinking it was around the bridges to babalon tour...
where..i am not sure.
1st April 2007 10:05 AM
glencar It was the "practice" club gig they did in Chicago on the eve of the BTB tour.
1st April 2007 10:14 AM
Mel Belli That was in Chicago, before opening night at Soldier Field. ... Man, was Keith getting into that, or what? And Mick completely shirtless - it could've been '81!
1st April 2007 10:16 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
It was the "practice" club gig they did in Chicago on the eve of the BTB tour.

Whoops, sorry for the redundancy. Simultaneous posting!
1st April 2007 10:19 AM
glencar A little rough in the beginning...

I've embedded it for y'all.

1st April 2007 10:29 AM
mrhipfl there are some more videos uploaded from the same club, in case anybody is interested. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rolling+stones+dooble+door&search=Search
1st April 2007 10:55 AM
Mel Belli 19th Nervous Breakdown:

1st April 2007 10:57 AM
Mel Belli "Brown Sugar":

1st April 2007 10:57 AM
Mel Belli "You Got Me Rocking":

1st April 2007 10:59 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
A little rough in the beginning...

Listen to him blow the intro to "Brown Sugar." I thought that had become a problem in '02!
1st April 2007 11:27 AM
Steel Wheels There has never been and never will be a band this good. JJF is textbook, baby.
1st April 2007 04:13 PM
fireontheplatter thanks for the videos...i had never seen them before.

great great.....
1st April 2007 06:30 PM
mrhipfl anybody else feel like shoving a big mac down Mick's throat after watching JJF?
1st April 2007 06:33 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
anybody else feel like shoving a big mac down Mick's throat after watching JJF?

i think he would prefer a wopper.....with cheese
1st April 2007 07:37 PM
gimmekeef There is a bootleg DVD of this show.Anyone have it to upload to the tracker?.....

147- LIVE AT THE DOUBLE DOOR 1997 (Video $20 / DVD $30)

These Youtube clips are okay...but quality of pic and sound for something this good would be much enjoyed by all I think with any improvement....
1st April 2007 09:52 PM
glencar Is there a video of Shame Shame Shame?
1st April 2007 10:47 PM
KennedyLW This is a great DVD to have. However, this is by far the worst ever Ronnie performance I've seen. He was just a wreck, and played so aweful - there are a few moments in the show where Mick is clearly pissed at his mistakes. Very sad.

I don't think it's a coincidence that all tours that followed required Ronnie to dry up.
1st April 2007 11:47 PM
rickr I was there that night ... on September 18, 1997! What a night ... $7 to get in ... I was lucky since my old boss called me and said he heard about the secret gig and that I should get over to the Double Door right away. I immediately left my job, frantically hit a nearby ATM, then jumped into a taxi to the DD. When I got there, I couldn't believe what the sign read... nobody was at the ticket window ... my lucky day!!

Then they said I needed to go around the back... I walked around and the line of people seemed a mile long down the alley. Well I got in line and it turned out I was only 6 people from the cutoff ... I was able to get a wrist band!

I was able to come back later that evening and get in line ... that time I was much closer to the front. When the doors opened I got a great spot ... only 1 person between me and the stage!

The show was so awesome ... like a dream coming true! I brought my "R STONES" license plate (you can see the back of it in the video). Also I think that was the night I got one of Keith's picks. I think that was my 9th Stones concert (I've seen them 29 times total) and certainly the most memorable. I was even interviewed by about every news channel that night before the show. I got home a watched myself a lot on all the news replays!
2nd April 2007 11:17 AM
GotToRollMe Okay, you guys, I've uploaded this DVD to the tracker:
Rolling Stones - Double Door Club, Chicago 9-18-97
Check the bit torrent thread for info.
2nd April 2007 11:36 AM
Lethargy JUICED UP AND SLOPPY the way we love 'em. Kick ass! Ronnie's sloppiness or bordering on just plain bad, but who cares. This still rocks.
2nd April 2007 11:58 AM
MidnightRambler "However, this is by far the worst ever Ronnie performance I've seen. He was just a wreck, and played so aweful - there are a few moments in the show where Mick is clearly pissed at his mistakes. Very sad.

I don't think it's a coincidence that all tours that followed required Ronnie to dry up."

Not to my ears. This is the most audible Ronnie's ever been. Only because the mix on is off...Keith's guitar drops out after the 2 or 3rd song in the audio. Ronnie is definitely in the mix...keith is somehow lower in volume. You have to really strain to hear him.

But anyway...Ronnie is on fire at this show. His guitar work during "Shame Shame Shame" is a breath of fresh air. One doesn't realize ALL that he does when he is so low in the mix. "The Last Time" is all Ronnie and he shines. Worst performance? Don't think so. The rest of the tour....well that's another thing. But this first performance on the B2B tour...Ronnie behaved and played damn well.
2nd April 2007 09:52 PM
tumbling dice
Keith was on fire!
3rd April 2007 10:51 PM
monkeyman62 where do you see mick get pissed at ronnie, i have the dvd and dont notice that at all during any song, matter of fact mick seems to really enjoy ronnie during crazy mama and other numbers
4th April 2007 12:51 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

i think he would prefer a wopper.....with cheese

Whopper.
4th April 2007 12:54 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I do have the dvd, but I have never watched it!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)