ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: About me, if anyone is interested. Return to archive
31st March 2007 11:04 PM
RSRTG Hey there, Ive been viewing this great website for nearly 2 years but do alot more reading than posting.
I really enjoy reading about the stones from some of you knowledgeable stones freaks and also, enjoy the non-related stuff too.
My name is Rob, I'm 40 going on 21 and live in Adelaide, South Australia, where I have lived all my life.
I post under 'RSRTG' which stands for 'Rolling Stone Rob The Grog". I post on another site for my footy club I support as "RTG" as I hang out with a group of beer drinking boozers at the footy known as the North Grog Squad.
Anywayz,the people who know me who think I'm a freak cos of my love for the Stones, shouldve known that from an early age when me and my sister used to dance in our lounge room to songs like 'Little Queenie' and 'Little Red Rooster'with me ripping my clothes off as a 5 year old, wouldve seen the writing on the wall!
It was much later than that in my mid teens that I got off on Mick Jagger's 1st solo project 'She's The Boss'and subsequently bought 'Rolled Gold' on vinyl and drove my parents crazy listening to 'Jumping Jack Flash' and 'Midnight Rambler' over and over and over again.
I didnt know too much about the Stones back then and when my 1st girlfriend dumped me in the late 80's I began my search into the stones and their music helped me deal with life's pains and triumphs.
I was stoked when the band got back together for 'Steel Wheels' and me and my dope smoking buddy wanted them to tour badly to Australia but it never happened.
I collected as much music and info I could on the band and when they announced a world tour inc Oz for 'Voodoo Lounge' I was over the moon.
I went to the show here in Adelaide at the then 'Football Park' ( now AAMI Stadium) with about 12 friends and I had aquired great tickets for a memorable night.
Walked away from there thinking that would be my 1 and only Stones show.
Late 98 I was made redundant at my job, got a great payout and booked a trip for the following year to the UK to see the World Cup Cricket, Contiki Tour, catch up with all my relatives ( my parents are english) and got a couple of tickets for the Wembley #2 gig that year.
So I got to see the Stones again in another country and at the famous Wembley Stadium London. The tickets were shit but just being there was awesome.
Ok....so a few years passed when I got back home, i settled into a new job and I bought my 1st house of which I'm still here, turned into a 'stones shrine' and got myself a cat and named him Ronnie. The Stones announced the 'Licks' tour but werent coming to Adelaide so me and a friend went to Melbourne to catch 1 show at the Rod Laver Arena. On a personal level, that 1 show I went to was the best so far for me and at the time I was really pissed that I didnt go to all 3 shows.
So the time travelled fast again and the band announced 'A Bigger Bang' and it was nerve racking as there was no certainty about the stones coming to Australia. As we now know it happened and my cousin and I went to both Sydney and the Melbourne shows and had unbelievable tickets.
I have always walked away from the Stones concerts wanting more and questioning whether or not that was it for the last time.
So being single still which suits me fine I have more than enough money for life's pleasures and 1 thing I have learnt over the years is to break up the boring and mundane routines of ones everyday living. I met a Canadian couple here a few years ago and really wanted to go to the Toronto S.A.R.S. concert but the girlfriend at the time wouldnt let me....I pissed her off too!
So living with that regret in mind is why I came up with the decision to use some annual leave this year and go do something different instead of sitting around here drinking and getting bored, change the back drop and scene and return to London to see some more Stones, do the tourist thing and catch up with a few relatives in Hatfield. Unfortunately my trip will only last around 10 days ( last time in 99 i was there for 4 months ) but I'm going to have myself a great time and enjoy the experience of being in one of the world's greatest cities and enjoy the challenge of doing it by myself.
It still hasnt really sunk in yet but when I book the plane tickets and accomodation I think reality will set in!
I hope to meet up with some fellow UK fans that post here, it would be great. I didnt get the chance to meet with Corgi and Daethgod last year in melbourne so I'll wait in anticipation if anyone wants to meet ' the boy from oz'.
Until then, have fun!
1st April 2007 01:02 AM
GotToRollMe Wow, I love your condensed life story there, Rob! Have yourself a great time in London. I'm sure you'll run into a whole bunch of RO'ers at the O2 shows.
1st April 2007 07:42 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
RSRTG wrote:
Anywayz,the people who know me who think I'm a freak cos of my love for the Stones, shouldve known that from an early age when me and my sister used to dance in our lounge room to songs like 'Little Queenie' and 'Little Red Rooster'with me ripping my clothes off as a 5 year old, wouldve seen the writing on the wall!

Welcome to Rocks Off where absolutely nobody
will will think you're freaky for being obsessed
with the Stones!

1st April 2007 08:32 AM
corgi37 Welcome. Fuck, we are almost brothers! I'm in Melbourne.
1st April 2007 09:38 PM
tumbled Hello....good luck on your trip I hope you have a most awesome fun time, are u going to do the tour bit?
I am planing to go but I will go on my tail IF I can get away from the workplace. its fucking travesty with the jobs in washdc these days, no time off sit in traffic, blahblah. I may go screaming to europe and never return.
1st April 2007 10:20 PM
mrhipfl Don't fall for it, it's ROLLINGSTONESUSA!

(since you've been reading the board for 2 years, I'm sure you get it )
1st April 2007 10:37 PM
tumbled oh.
hmm.
interesting..

have fun whoever you are.
1st April 2007 11:51 PM
CraigP Yeah, what ever happened to "Rolling Stones USA"???
He was prominent.
2nd April 2007 01:34 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Welcome to Rocks Off where absolutely nobody
will will think you're freaky for being obsessed
with the Stones!

Well I do...
2nd April 2007 01:54 AM
Rodney_King actually, i think he's starbuck.
2nd April 2007 03:38 AM
Homercles Great intro RSRTG, hey did you go to the Enmore gig? I was there for that show and hung out in the line all day with some top blokes from Adelaide. I remember one of the South Aussies was a blues harp player - both were top blokes. I'm from Perth by the way. Here's the photo of me and my best mate outside the Enmore - maybe you are in the photo?

[Edited by Homercles]
2nd April 2007 07:30 AM
RSRTG Believe me, I am who I say I am.
No, I didnt make it to the Enmore show and like I said, I only went to 1 rod laver gig...the 1st one on the tuesday nite. ( on the licks tour )
I have basically secured a couple of tickets by calling ticketmaster as I had some major problems with their website.
Ive booked into a hotel in Greenwich for 10 days and plan to do all the touristy stuff and catch up with some of my relatives who live in Hatfield..Hertfordshire.
I AM ROLLING STONE ROB THE GROG AND THE STONES AND MY FOOTY CLUB ARE MY LIFE!
2nd April 2007 08:26 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Welcome Rob!
2nd April 2007 09:34 AM
Homercles "Believe me, I am who I say I am."
RSRTG I wasn't doubting you mate.
Hope you enjoy your trip to the UK buddy.
2nd April 2007 09:46 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
RSRTG wrote:

I AM ROLLING STONE ROB THE GROG AND THE STONES AND MY FOOTY CLUB ARE MY LIFE!

Gazza is gonna LOVE you, mate!
2nd April 2007 12:32 PM
Gazza Hi Rob

It'll be great to meet you in London.
3rd April 2007 12:09 AM
Kilroy Wecome. Cool Story.
3rd April 2007 06:23 AM
RSRTG Well thanku all very much for making me feel welcome! As the date gets closer perhaps we can organise a gathering?
BTW, wot are the chances of a 3rd O2 concert?
3rd April 2007 10:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
RSRTG wrote:
Well thanku all very much for making me feel welcome! As the date gets closer perhaps we can organise a gathering?

absolutely. We'll have another notable Aussie coming over - the legendary Rockman from the IORR board (who Keith even namechecked onstage at the MCG in 1995) - so you wont be alone.

quote:
RSRTG wrote:

BTW, wot are the chances of a 3rd O2 concert?

I'm negotiating for it right now!

Seriously - its pretty much a cert. I understand that the band have an option on the venue for Saturday 25th August and as the first two shows sold out pretty quickly, there will almost certainly be a third night, which will probably be the tour finale.
3rd April 2007 10:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Welcome. Fuck, we are almost brothers! I'm in Melbourne.

Its time you got yer arse over here too. You and the rest of the Aussies.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)