ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lucinda Williams @ RCMH (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th March 2007 11:08 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle Short, but excellent, show last night.
Sound in the big room was simply incredible.

Lu seemed genuinely humbled to be playing the gilded palace, at one point commenting that thirty years ago she was playing on the streets of NYC.

Healthy dollop of West, with Fancy Funeral being a standout.
Jenny Scheinman, who played violin on the album, joined the band for Come On and stayed for the rest of the night.

Other highlights were extended versions of Pineola and Joy.

As usual, Doug Pettibone was a killer.
His harmonies and tone were spot on all night.

Only beef I've got is with the show's length.
It definitely could've - and should've - been longer.

Lu's handpicked openers, Heartless Bastards, came on right at 8 and played about 45 minutes.
Erika Wennerstrom's got a great voice - Into The Open was a stunner.

Lucinda came on at 9:20, and played until the 11PM curfew.
Other shows on this tour have been clocking in at around two hours, with twenty or more songs.
A 7:30 start would have allowed for a similar set last night.

Setlist:
Rescue
Ventura
Fruits Of My Labor
Drunken Angel
Lake Charles
Fancy Funeral
Pineola
Righteously
Essence
Come On
Unsuffer Me
Joy
--
Everything Has Changed
West
Where Is My Love?
Hard Time Killing Floor Blues

24th March 2007 11:14 AM
Throwaway nice setlist, glad to see her doing lots of new material! Bet you had a great time, although that is a bummer for the show to be so short.
24th March 2007 11:21 AM
fireontheplatter cool
nice photo too
did she play in albany yet?
24th March 2007 12:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the review, Mr. Shuffle! See her in another month!!
24th March 2007 02:19 PM
glencar Big night for live music in the Big Apple last night. Sway & I saw the Allman Bros (although not each other!). When I bought my LIRR tix, the lady said, "Oy! All these concert girls are driving us crazy!" I asked what concert (I saw many tweens so I knew it wasn't for ABB or LW) & she said, "Christina Aguilera!" LOL
24th March 2007 02:55 PM
Gazza Nice review and pic. Thanks. Curfews and Lu dont mix - not helped by the fact that shes a notoriously bad time keeper - as without one she can sometimes be known to play sets that are almost Springsteen-length
24th March 2007 04:49 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Big night for live music in the Big Apple last night. Sway & I saw the Allman Bros (although not each other!). When I bought my LIRR tix, the lady said, "Oy! All these concert girls are driving us crazy!" I asked what concert (I saw many tweens so I knew it wasn't for ABB or LW) & she said, "Christina Aguilera!" LOL

how was this show?
did they play the song 'blue sky'?
24th March 2007 04:54 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Nice review and pic. Thanks. Curfews and Lu dont mix - not helped by the fact that shes a notoriously bad time keeper - as without one she can sometimes be known to play sets that are almost Springsteen-length

don't get me wrong, but if she played for four hours i think i would....cry.

bruce's back in the day four hour marathon shows were some of the best times of my life. i think i must have seen 5-7 of these shows. they were absolutly fantastic, he really gave it all. the BIG MAN ruled ...1/2 hour versions of jungle land....
24th March 2007 07:18 PM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

how was this show?
did they play the song 'blue sky'?

I had to leave a few minutes early but no, I didn't hear Blue Sky. Susan Tedeschi did "The Weight" & they did an excellent version of The Sky Is Crying.
24th March 2007 07:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

don't get me wrong, but if she played for four hours i think i would....cry.

bruce's back in the day four hour marathon shows were some of the best times of my life. i think i must have seen 5-7 of these shows. they were absolutly fantastic, he really gave it all. the BIG MAN ruled ...1/2 hour versions of jungle land....

Nice sentiment, but the ESB have never played a version of Jungleland that would even be half that length. (If only they had - as its my favourite Bruce song ever)

Contrary to popular myth, Bruce has never actually played a 4-hour show. Only if you count the interval. Some of the "River" shows from December 1980 were close to it, though - the NY Eve show at Nassau Coliseum is the longest show he ever played, at about five minutes short of four hours. Quite a few shows from around then clock in at about 210-220 minutes, though, which is quite amazing for a high energy rock n roll show.

I see youre from New York, so maybe you saw some of those shows at MSG or Nassau Coliseum around that time. Close enough to four hours to describe it as such, though! It must have been incredible

I'd agree with you as to how special those shows were. The River tour is for me the greatest tour by any artist - ever. The first Wembley Arena show from May 81 was my first Bruce show and to this day remains the greatest concert I've ever seen. Nothing will ever touch that experience for me.

[Edited by Gazza]
24th March 2007 07:41 PM
fireontheplatter i know the break was included in the 4 hours and jungle land may have been 20 minutes.
those shows pailed in comparison to the 5 stones shows i saw at giants stadium during the voodoo lounge...god, i was a train wreck after that stint. and 2 grand poorer.

24th March 2007 09:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i know the break was included in the 4 hours and jungle land may have been 20 minutes.

yeah the ESB shows up to and including 1988 had intervals.

Odd that even though hes got older, since 1999 he hasnt bothered with an interval at a show where hes had a band and some of the shows are as long as they were back in the 80's.
24th March 2007 10:27 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yeah the ESB shows up to and including 1988 had intervals.

Odd that even though hes got older, since 1999 he hasnt bothered with an interval at a show where hes had a band and some of the shows are as long as they were back in the 80's.

i'm not sure, but my guess is you're drinking wine tonight.
25th March 2007 10:53 AM
Gazza No..I'm 'guessing' based on the evidence of a few hundred recordings. Bruce hasnt had intermissions since 1993.
25th March 2007 11:02 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
I had to leave a few minutes early but no, I didn't hear Blue Sky. Susan Tedeschi did "The Weight" & they did an excellent version of The Sky Is Crying.

Susan and Derek are coming to The Paramount on June 9th. I got 6th row reserved tickets yesterday morning and cannot weight.....LOL to see this show. Glencar, sounds like you got an excellent show. Wish I was there for all 14.

Lucinda's set looks incredible to me....she isn't coming here so I am pea green with envy. I listen to "West" at least 3 times every day.

MM
25th March 2007 05:02 PM
glencar The Allmans do have an intermission for about 25 minutes or so. I used the time to get tee shirts for a friend & bottled water. They show a short film about an upcoming documentary called "The Big House" about when they all lived together in Macon, GA. Martha, I think you will love this show!
26th March 2007 10:34 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Big night for live music in the Big Apple last night. Sway & I saw the Allman Bros (although not each other!). When I bought my LIRR tix, the lady said, "Oy! All these concert girls are driving us crazy!" I asked what concert (I saw many tweens so I knew it wasn't for ABB or LW) & she said, "Christina Aguilera!" LOL

hey - I never made it to Allmans on Fri. Went home after work and took a much needed nap and then went to The Izzy's show at 11:30

how was your 1st allmans experience?? Derek Trucks & Warren Haynes are mighty impressive together
26th March 2007 11:53 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Allmans do have an intermission for about 25 minutes or so. I used the time to get tee shirts for a friend & bottled water. They show a short film about an upcoming documentary called "The Big House" about when they all lived together in Macon, GA. Martha, I think you will love this show!

You are so right I'd love it. I wish I could fly there right now!

Are you hitting any more shows?

peace n love,
Martha
26th March 2007 03:24 PM
gimmekeef Dime has apparently a very good recording of this show up now..check Top 10....samples available...
26th March 2007 07:08 PM
Gazza http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=140020
26th March 2007 08:20 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=140020

Thats why I not a mod here...lmao..you're relentless...carry on
27th March 2007 04:33 AM
MRD8 Gazza,
Did you snatch the incredible three DVD Springsteen Paris 1985 show off of DIME?
27th March 2007 03:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:

You are so right I'd love it. I wish I could fly there right now!

Are you hitting any more shows?

peace n love,
Martha

No, I can't because of work constraints.
27th March 2007 03:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Gazza,
Did you snatch the incredible three DVD Springsteen Paris 1985 show off of DIME?

Not yet, but if its as incredible as you say, I think I might...although I think Gottorollme may have done so....
27th March 2007 07:03 PM
MRD8 Qualitywise its THE most significant live Bruce video to show up since Largo '78...three hours and seven minutes with 27 songs...makes you wonder where its been for 22 years!
27th March 2007 08:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Qualitywise its THE most significant live Bruce video to show up since Largo '78...three hours and seven minutes with 27 songs...makes you wonder where its been for 22 years!

Why? Oh Why? are the good ones always PAL, MRD8? Same thing with San Siro Night 1985!!!! I hate watching music DVD's on my computer..

OK... enough complainin"-lol
27th March 2007 09:03 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Why? Oh Why? are the good ones always PAL, MRD8? Same thing with San Siro Night 1985!!!! I hate watching music DVD's on my computer..

OK... enough complainin"-lol

Meg...there is conversion software to NTSC....I'm sure someone can hook you up to a playable version...

28th March 2007 04:39 AM
MRD8 Meg,
You can convert it to NTSC using Nero 7...or you can go buy a APEX region free player at Wal-Mart for about $35.00...cause you wanna watch this one on the big screen!
28th March 2007 08:38 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Meg,
You can convert it to NTSC using Nero 7...or you can go buy a APEX region free player at Wal-Mart for about $35.00...cause you wanna watch this one on the big screen!

Thanks, MRD8....so I should snag it and then put it in one of my many piles of other PALS I have, until I get organized and technizied...

Me thinks you may be even more "obsessed" than Gazza, Charlotte, and GTRM!!!
3rd April 2007 10:00 AM
PartyDoll MEG Mark your calendar: Lucinda will be on World Cafe(NPR) to play 4 songs and chat on April 17th, according to her web site.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundow...?prgId=39&agg=1...if ya wanna bookmark it

By the way... some mighty fine concerts/ music on this site
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)