ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New 1981 tour sbd´s? Return to archive
April 3rd, 2005 10:54 AM
marko Theres supposed,to come out few soundboards from 81 tour,'
but does anyone know which shows?I hope,they should be shows,which were not available,or collectors have them in
shitty quality,like incomplete version of Louisville,where
they played going to a go go for 1st time.
April 3rd, 2005 11:00 AM
mac_daddy who is releasing them..?
April 3rd, 2005 11:09 AM
marko I´ve no idea.but new ones are coming.
April 3rd, 2005 11:18 AM
mac_daddy the newest ones i have seen are 9/25 and 26 - which were torrenting during your hiatus. the 8/25 is a definite upgrade from the one we treed here ('for whom the bell tolls"), which was pretty good as it was. the 9/26 i had not seen circulate before...

would love to see some new ones, though, an not another "remaster" of the tempee gigs. i would, however, like to find a set from kansas city that has mick t up in the mix...

April 3rd, 2005 01:36 PM
T&A i think there was a post on IORR awhile back that indicated the remaining '81 boards would soon see the light of day - i think it was the EV label....
April 3rd, 2005 04:03 PM
MRD8 A couple of months ago a private collector sent out an email offering cassettes of 22 '81 tour sb's for $3,000...nine of them have already been released and there was no way I could see to make the money back on the deal...I didn't write down the list of unreleased shows but the ones I wanted(Orlando 10/24 & 10/25) weren't among them...the ones I recall being on there were:
Houston
Dallas
Cedar Falls
Syracuse
Lexington
Largo
I'll check with a couple of friends I forwarded the email to to see if they have saved the complete list.
April 3rd, 2005 04:43 PM
marko Houston
Dallas
Cedar Falls
Syracuse
Lexington
Largo

These would be perfect choices,specially Lexington,since
the aud recording is in bad quality,and it misses the last
song.
is it all largo shows? i hope so.
April 4th, 2005 10:15 AM
throbby Hey! Have any of you guys heard VGP release of the Atlanta Fox Theatre show. I haven't heard this and was wondering what the quality was. It sure would be nice if a SB was released of this show. The VGP release is titled "In The Windy City". It's a 4CD set, also containing the Chicago Rosemont Horizon show.
April 4th, 2005 11:17 AM
headshrinker if all the shows on a tour are recorded through soundboard, who owns the tapes? where r they kept?
April 4th, 2005 08:52 PM
Gazza The Stones would have them recorded, usually to listen to how they sound. Not every band records shows regularly, but the Stones tend to do this and have done for many years (since the mid 70's or so).

what they do with them afterwards is anyone's guess. I'd seriously doubt however that they'd automatically dump them once they're done with, as that would make it too easy for them to fall into the hands of people who'd sell them. They're probably in some vault somewhere. I got chatting to a roadie who shared a train journey with me on the way from Edinburgh to Sheffield for the 1999 shows and he told me that they do have a big case/box where they're kept as the tour goes on (That said, that particular tour was a very short one, only about 12 shows!)

If they get into circulation, its usually because someone close to the band or crew has made a copy of the master tapes illicitly.

Most of the Stones soundboards that are in circulation took many years to see the light of day. Twenty to thirty years in many cases. Others of course pop up almost immediately (Palais Royale 2002, Double Door 1997 to name but two)
[Edited by Gazza]
April 4th, 2005 09:01 PM
Bloozehound we really need to do the Stones a favor and raid that mysterious and elusive vault that we're always hearing so much about

that vault is rich with endless troves of unheard booty just waiting to be plucked
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood