ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones boots fans ? Return to archive
April 3rd, 2005 05:59 AM
rocky hi ! it's hard nowdays to download and upload boots..
where are stones fans ? on winmx with sharing bootlegs ? rocky
April 3rd, 2005 08:58 AM
Gazza Dont bother with winmx sites.

Bit torrents are the way to get them now. See the thread stickied at the top of this page
April 3rd, 2005 09:47 AM
corgi37 I go to winmx, because i am dumb. Plus my computer is old, old, old. There is some really cool stuff. 73 winter tour, acoustic/electric motherfuckers, something called "unreleased Decca 72 live tour", something called "Tricky fingers and slicky ringers. I got Keith singing Love is Strong and so many more. Only last week, got the Stones doing Roll over Beethoven.

But, i will check this bit-torrent thing. If it involves a good processor, heaps or RAM and anything after WIn98, then i am screwed. Cant afford to upgrade until at least tax time in July.
April 3rd, 2005 09:51 AM
corgi37 Umm, Gazza, maaaaaate, where is the bit-torrent stickied thingy?
April 3rd, 2005 09:55 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I go to winmx, because i am dumb. Plus my computer is old, old, old. There is some really cool stuff. 73 winter tour, acoustic/electric motherfuckers, something called "unreleased Decca 72 live tour", something called "Tricky fingers and slicky ringers. I got Keith singing Love is Strong and so many more. Only last week, got the Stones doing Roll over Beethoven.

But, i will check this bit-torrent thing. If it involves a good processor, heaps or RAM and anything after WIn98, then i am screwed. Cant afford to upgrade until at least tax time in July.

corgi - the problem with winmx, from a collector's point of view, is twofold. one - you are dealing with lossy files, that are not optimal for collecting. two - you are grabbing bits and pieces of bootlegs, so you are have some of one, and some of another, but it is very difficult to find the whole thing. for instance - the keef "love is strong" is from either voodoo stew or voodoo brew (cant remember off the top of my head), the live 72 thing is likely some derivation of the unreleased decca live album, etc...

bit torrent and lossless audio requires broadband and alot of harddrive space. i still use win98.

quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Umm, Gazza, maaaaaate, where is the bit-torrent stickied thingy?

at the top of the main page, where all the other stick threads are...

but here is a link >>
April 3rd, 2005 10:46 AM
gimmekeef It looks like the bit torrent site has too many members so those of us not signed up are kinda screwed for now.Are there other options to get the torrent files?..Thanks
April 3rd, 2005 11:16 AM
HomerJRichards Anyone been to this bit torrent site? http://www.easytree.org/index.php

My broadband connection gives me 1Gb per month then if i go over that before the end of the month, my download speed drops to 28k doh! i gotta make sure to save some mb's so i can go crazy at the end of the month. There's some excellent stones stuff on the site posted above, plus heaps of other acts.

April 3rd, 2005 04:37 PM
rocky hi there ain't any boots.on kazza and other ,or is it ?
i think many think there is not so good sound on boots..??
that's why ,not so many download and upload boots on winmx ? rocky
April 3rd, 2005 11:02 PM
Soldatti Winmx is very slow lately.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood