ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ozzy Finally Fired (NSC) Return to archive
April 2nd, 2005 04:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Ozzy Finally Fired
Music News

Seems like "disillusioned Black Sabbath fans," who launched a petition addressing Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward earlier this year, haven't done it for nothing. As we previously reported, they asked the band's members to consider firing Ozzy "on the grounds of his lack of commitment to Black Sabbath over the last few years." According to Paratrooper Media, Tony Iommi has recently made a statement on his official website, regarding state of affairs in the legendary group.

Tony said that the petition was the last straw in "my, Geezer's and Bill's leniency towards Ozzy," and that the last months passed in a constant deliberation over how to part ways with the careless Osbourne. But this week "the move was made" and Ozzy was notified of the band's members decision. His answer or reciprocal actions still remain unknown.

Another today's report speaks in favour of version that Ozzy was "displaced" from his frontman rank -- a Clear Channel event detail page for the Ozzfest 2005 tour is listing Ozzy Osbourne separately from Black Sabbath as one of the artists performing at the show. Ozzy may be replacing Iron Maiden on the last seven dates of the trek.
April 2nd, 2005 04:44 PM
Dan You are a day late.
April 2nd, 2005 04:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Dan wrote:
You are a day late.

Oh?.... A dollar short too probably.
April 3rd, 2005 12:05 PM
crb69 I read that Velvet Revolver is replacing Iron Maiden on the last 7 dates of Ozzfest. They were to go on right before Black Sabbath...now what?

Sabbath isn't Sabbath without Ozzy I'm sorry. I think they made good music without him but VH did too without Diamond Dave.

It's just not the same!

PeeWee - "I'm really sorry..."
April 3rd, 2005 01:58 PM
glencar Wow, this is earth-no, not quite earth-shaking. This is more like a huge fucking yawn. Black Sabbath has been.
April 3rd, 2005 06:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
This is more like a huge fucking yawn. Black Sabbath has been.

I dunno, I was listening to some live Sabbath some days ago. Hardly boring. Great stuff!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood