ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Guitars In Fingerprint File From Love You Live Return to archive
April 2nd, 2005 01:44 PM
Bruno Stone In that version ( as in the entire tour ) Keith is playing bass and Bill is on the guitar, is this right?

I heard Love You Live for the first time last week, headphones, enjoying the air conditioning in a very pleasant CD store here. I was crazy about the guitars sound, perfect.

Loved Tumblin Dice in slow motion, and Preston performance in it.

But the question is: in FF, Ronnie is on the wha wha, right?

Is Bill on the other guitar?
April 2nd, 2005 01:51 PM
beer Jagger on guitar, Ronnie on bass, Bill on keyboard.

April 2nd, 2005 05:22 PM
Gazza Lots of studio overdubs on that song, however, although the vocals are intact (with overdubbed echo effects)

There are seven cuts in the version thats on the album, comprising over two minutes from the original version

Source : "Maybe It's Live" by Walter Schappi ("Charlie is Good tonight" fanzine)
April 2nd, 2005 06:50 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Lots of studio overdubs on that song, however, although the vocals are intact (with overdubbed echo effects)

There are seven cuts in the version thats on the album, comprising over two minutes from the original version

Source : "Maybe It's Live" by Walter Schappi ("Charlie is Good tonight" fanzine)

the stones are really neurotic about that - they overdub (heavily) all of their live albums it seems...
April 2nd, 2005 07:26 PM
jpenn11 Perhaps not just albums. I read a thread a while ago about L&G having parts overdubbed though not a much as the live albums. I never went back to check the mis-syncs, but I think Happy was one of the songs claimed to have received some post-performance assistance.
April 2nd, 2005 07:40 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
Perhaps not just albums. I read a thread a while ago about L&G having parts overdubbed though not a much as the live albums. I never went back to check the mis-syncs, but I think Happy was one of the songs claimed to have received some post-performance assistance.

sh*t, the l & g i have is filled with missyncs. do NOT go back and look for them. take it from someone who does this all too often - it is a real depressing thing to do, because once you train your eyes and ears to notice flaws, you see/hear them everywhere. unless your copy of l&g is much better than mine - in that case, we have to talk

(ot: did you see the thorogood source i just put up..? it is another cassette transfer from the tapes t&a sent me - you would dig it.)
April 3rd, 2005 01:36 AM
Child of the Moon The line-up on FF, as I know it:
Jagger: rhythm guitar
Richards: wah-wah
Wood: bass
Wyman: synth
etc.

As far as dubs on L&G go, I know that Happy definitely benefits - if you watch the video, half the time you hear Keith singing, he's nowhere near the microphone. Same with Jagger on that one. Sad, because that's a really great version.
April 3rd, 2005 05:25 AM
beer Thats the way it's played.COTM, do ya have the LA 75 video? It's interesting.

I haven't watched LnG in a long time, but i have a damn good version of it, and i thought the out of sync parts were due to poor editing, not overdubs. i'll have to watch it again.

=
April 3rd, 2005 08:57 AM
corgi37 I always loved FF on Love you Live. I always loved Love you Live. Then Gazza pointed out all the dubs and cuts and mystical things they did to the damn thing, and now i am dissolutioned!

I feel....dirty.

Violated, even.

Why would they do that? Cut 2 minutes off a song, i mean. And, why wasnt it re-instated on the re-mastered version?

But, hang on, was LYL released re-mastered?
April 3rd, 2005 03:57 PM
texile me too corgi........
i don't need to know this shit -
just listen to australia, 73 and you will believe again.
hey i fucked by posting this reply as a new thread .......
don't click on it!
April 3rd, 2005 04:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

sh*t, the l & g i have is filled with missyncs. do NOT go back and look for them. take it from someone who does this all too often - it is a real depressing thing to do, because once you train your eyes and ears to notice flaws, you see/hear them everywhere. unless your copy of l&g is much better than mine - in that case, we have to talk

there IS a boot DVD version of L&G where the sound (upgraded) has been dubbed on from another source, and whilst its done very well, theres a few bits where it doesnt quite synch. Maybe thats the version you have?

However, theres quite a few "mis synched" (if theres such a term) overdubs on commercially released Stones video releases.
April 3rd, 2005 09:00 PM
corgi37 I only have a very worn VHS copy. 1st tape i bought actully. Paid $70.00 in 82! Whats that now? $600? hahaha.

There is a weird bit during SFM. Something wonky happened there.
April 3rd, 2005 11:11 PM
Soldatti I love this song, the original version.
The best tune on IORR.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood