ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Hang'n At The Bar! Return to archive
April 1st, 2005 11:06 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! My wife was just telling me this mooring that one of the girls that she works with has a sister that live in Connecticut. Somehow the issue of Sheppard’s Pie came up and the girl told my wife that this dish was a big time favorite in that area. She also said that her sister had been to a local bar many times and spotted Keith there having drinks and just hang'n out. Does anyone know what this bar’s name may be? My wife tried to thank of what the girl told her but couldn't remember. Needless to say my wife's reaction was that maybe we should take a little trip to the area some time!
April 2nd, 2005 05:32 AM
J.J.Flash Damn....even having no fuckin' dime....I would make everything to buy a beer to this man.....oh God
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
April 2nd, 2005 08:08 AM
CYHMK may be of some help below..bar is the BOX CAR, not sure if THE bar you question, but would make sense..see below.. peace! Rich

Sun, May 23, 2004

Keith Richards rolls onto stage of small Connecticut club for impromptu jam

FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) - Blues fans at a small Connecticut club were treated to a surprise performance by Rolling Stones legend Keith Richards.

The guitarist jumped on stage at The BoxCar on Friday night for some off-the-cuff music with David Honeyboy Edwards, 89, and Rocky Lawrence. "That's right, this is my neighbourhood, too. At least part of the time," Richards, who owns a home in nearby Weston, told the crowd.

Lawrence, of West Haven, was ecstatic.

"When the three of us were up there, I was having so much fun I forgot there was even an audience there," he said.

Richards signed a Telecaster guitar for the bar's owner, Kevin Kiekel. It is displayed in a case behind the bar.

"Half of my dream has been fulfilled already," Kiekel said. "Now I want to get Eric (Clapton) in here."
April 2nd, 2005 09:08 AM
Dutch Michael D. what's the name of the city where keith lives, isn't it called Westin, or Weston or something like that, Victor Bockris tells it in his book about keith... i'd like to see some pictures of keith's house...

Michael
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]
April 2nd, 2005 10:25 AM
CYHMK "That's right, this is my neighbourhood, too. At least part of the time," Richards, who owns a home in nearby Weston, told the crowd.

Jose Feliciano, Erica Jong and others have dwellings in Weston as well. When he is town, plenty of Keith sightings in this little quaint town...I'll have an update here soon regarding pics/etc..got an email in to a realtor...I just may attempt to buy this place if/when its on the block...but I doubt it..sounds like a nice place for Keith to hang when in northeast..

April 2nd, 2005 08:26 PM
glencar Sometimes I get verrry nervous...
April 3rd, 2005 09:11 AM
CYHMK
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sometimes I get verrry nervous...

How so glencar??
April 3rd, 2005 01:50 PM
glencar When I read posts about people who want to visit Keith & they are asking questions about where he lives & hangs out. I'm sure you're normal but one never really knows, does one?
April 3rd, 2005 02:40 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Well first of all, it's more just a happy thought of hang'n with Keith and having drinks. It's not like I'm really going to drive 700 miles just to float around his neighborhood in hopes of seeing him. Talk is cheap my friend.
April 3rd, 2005 03:50 PM
gorda Well, that settles it!

I'm going to Conneticut! I'm going to go and hang out at that bar and wait for Keith!

Although, I think he's in Paris, right now? Or maybe he's in England?

One never knows with these rock stars, they jet set all over the planet!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood