ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neil Young recuperating after brain aneurysm... Return to archive
April 1st, 2005 10:06 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Neil Young Recovering from Brain Aneurysm

38 minutes ago

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Neil Young is recovering from surgery to address a brain aneurysm.

After performing with the Pretenders on March 14 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in New York, the artist experienced what his publicist describes as "visual field disturbances," and an MRI scan revealed the source of the problem.

Rather than have surgery immediately, Young spent the next week in Nashville recording for an as-yet-unrevealed project. Tuesday's (March 29) procedure has been called "a complete success," and Young is expected to make a full recovery. But the artist has been forced to cancel his planned Sunday (April 3) appearance at Canada's Juno Awards while he recuperates.

"I grew up (in Winnipeg) and was really looking forward to the show as well as spending some time with my old friends and family," Young said in a statement. "Thanks to my doctors, I'm feeling a lot better now, so I hope I can get a rain check."

Reuters/Billboard
April 1st, 2005 10:20 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
But the artist has been forced to cancel his planned Sunday (April 3) appearance at Canada's Juno Awards while he recuperates.

Read that on the RUST list...

Glad he's going to make a full recovery. Too bad he won't be playing the Junos on Sunday. Was looking forward to this rare treat!
April 1st, 2005 10:58 PM
kath terrible news, but good that he is recovering. i can't even stand the thought of losing neil..or anybody else right now...there've been too many deaths lately...

something's happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear....
April 2nd, 2005 01:52 AM
Child of the Moon Holy shit... that just gave me the shock of my life. I'm so glad he's going to recover. A world without Neil is as bad as a world without Keith... and I couldn't live in either.
April 2nd, 2005 05:34 AM
J.J.Flash God speed to Neil!

"Keep on Rockin' in the free world Ronnie"
April 2nd, 2005 07:48 AM
Gazza Wow..what a shock - makes it easier when you read it was some time ago and he's already recovering

Glad to hear he's on the mend. Get well soon, Shakey!
April 2nd, 2005 07:49 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Wow..what a shock - makes it easier when you read it was some time ago and he's already recovering!

my thoughts exactly (when i read this last night)...
April 2nd, 2005 07:54 AM
corgi37 I almost fell off my chair. I knew nothing about it at all. Glad he's gonna still be rocking.

If he was recording in Nashville, i declare (i say, i say, i do declare! - Southern accent, goatee beard, long gold sword on hip) that his next cd will be a countrified affair.
April 2nd, 2005 07:58 AM
Poplar
yikes.

April 2nd, 2005 07:59 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
A world without Neil is as bad as a world without Keith...

Agreed!

Perhaps even more so for me. Not that I necessarily like Neil better than the Stones (although, at times, that is the case), just that for a lot of Canadian music buffs - like myself - Neil is the one that fuels the national pride status more than anyone else.

Homegrown - if you will...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
April 2nd, 2005 12:30 PM
Martha Chris and I just heard the news this morning, glad to hear that he's going to be okay. Get well, Neil.

XXOO,

Martha
April 2nd, 2005 12:46 PM
Monkey Woman Good thing it was detected early, progress in medical imaging and surgery can work wonders. All good wishes to Neil for recovery!
April 3rd, 2005 10:49 PM
Soldatti The best wishes for Neil.
April 5th, 2005 12:39 AM
Barney Fife A coke-head former boss of mine had an aneurysm last fall and died - at age 34!

Sure glad Neil made it through this brush with death.

B.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood