ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alice In Chains Were AWESOME!! (ns) Return to archive
April 1st, 2005 10:36 AM
Factory Girl
Dirt is an f/ing masterpiece!!!

RIP Layne. I wonder how much great music you took to the grave.
April 1st, 2005 10:38 AM
glencar Tears For Fears haven't aged well.
April 1st, 2005 10:47 AM
Factory Girl "I don't go broke, and I do it a Lot!"

Song Junkhead! on Dirt!
April 1st, 2005 12:31 PM
CraigP Alice in Chains are classics.
April 1st, 2005 12:56 PM
Bruno Stone I like ''No Excuses''. And the bass line is the same from Street Fighting Man.
April 1st, 2005 01:30 PM
doo doo doo Dude Great band. Had the good fortune to have seen them live back in the day. RIP Layne.
April 1st, 2005 01:54 PM
Factory Girl I saw Alice In Chains open for Iggy POP!!! It was in a biker bar! I was right up front! I could see Layne's eyes and how f/ed up he was!

He was a great singer...very versatile!!! Anyone familiar with his work with that dude Mike from Pearl Jam??? Great stuff!!

In anticipation of the v-freshie, I'm most giddy!!

April 1st, 2005 02:13 PM
doo doo doo Dude I saw them at the Hollywood Palladium in like 91/92. Of course I was fucked up but I remember being very impressed with Jerry Catrell.
April 1st, 2005 02:16 PM
polksalad69 Saw them open the Monsters of Rock w/Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax. The crowd booed 'em. A year later the same football player/frat boys were loving em at Lollapalozer. I liked Soundgarden better since AIC seemed like a former glam band jumping on the Seattle sound (I won't say the G-word) bandwagon.
April 1st, 2005 02:21 PM
Factory Girl I saw Jerry Cantrell solo 6 months after Layne died, it was a pretty sad time. JC did lots of AIC material. JC is a very talented musician/songwriter, and he should get himself another singer.

Hello Polkie, I never liked the singer from SoundG's voice. I find it very ordinary!
April 1st, 2005 05:54 PM
CraigP Yes, Factory Girl, I love Mad Season. Mike McReady from Pearl Jam (another favorite band)...
I love the songs
River of Deceipt and We're all Alone.
April 1st, 2005 06:27 PM
Dan I saw them 6 times and never intentionally. The Lollapalooza gigs were okay but the Clash Of THe Titans and especially the one opening for the headline Megadeth show at the Palladium just about put me to sleep.
April 1st, 2005 07:11 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I never liked the singer from SoundG's voice. I find it very ordinary!

FG, I can't believe you don't like Chris Cornell's voice! He's got an incredible vocal range. I especially like his bluesy stuff with Temple of the Dog and even his newer stuff with Audioslave.
April 1st, 2005 11:20 PM
polksalad69
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

FG, I can't believe you don't like Chris Cornell's voice! He's got an incredible vocal range. I especially like his bluesy stuff with Temple of the Dog and even his newer stuff with Audioslave.

Don't care for him anymore or whatever he's doing. I dunno, I just liked Soundgarden. Hell I liked Mudhoney too and Mark Arm ain't much of a vocalist.
April 2nd, 2005 07:35 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Don't care for him anymore or whatever he's doing. I dunno, I just liked Soundgarden. Hell I liked Mudhoney too and Mark Arm ain't much of a vocalist.

im not nuts for audioslave, either. but cornell's solo alnum was quite good, and very underrated.
April 2nd, 2005 03:44 PM
polksalad69
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

im not nuts for audioslave, either. but cornell's solo alnum was quite good, and very underrated.

maybe it's because he cut his hair?!?!?
April 2nd, 2005 05:19 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Factory Girl wrote:

Dirt is an f/ing masterpiece!!!

RIP Layne. I wonder how much great music you took to the grave.

I saw a VHS of all thier videos and extras for $15 in my local boot store today.

Do you have it?

I'll get it for you if not.
April 3rd, 2005 11:09 AM
HomerJRichards Yeah Jerry Cantrell - very cool. I really liked that song with the line "I'l cut you in" or something along those lines - maybe that's even the song title i don't know.

Chris Cornell is awesome. A friend of mine who is a huge punk & alternative music fanatic gave me a cassette recording of Louder than live about a year after it was released & it blew me away. Ive always thought Chris Cornell sounds a bit like Robert Plant. I especially love his backing vocals on Alice Cooper's Stolen Prayer. I think he makes that song tick.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood