ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Win Stones artwork and albums Return to archive
April 1st, 2005 09:40 AM
Mudbug Have you seen this? http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

They are giving away copies of Made In The Shade and Sucking In The 70's plus framed artwork of Live Licks. Go to win stuff.

It also shows you what was No.1 in the charts on the day you were born.

(Go to Birthday No.1 at the top of the site, it’s free, you don’t have to log in).

My number 1's are
'You're So Vain' by Carly Simon in the US
'Long Haired Lover From Liverpool' by Little Jimmy Osmond in the UK

Loads of other good fun music trivia on the site as well
April 1st, 2005 09:52 AM
Gazza No.1 in the UK was "From me to you", the Beatles first chart topper. In the US was "Its my party" by Lesley Gore.

Also in the same week I was born, the Stones released their first single and the Pope died. Ironically enough.
April 1st, 2005 10:03 AM
glencar Mine doesn't have the US info for my birthdate but I was born during an Elvis Brit #1 so that was nice.
April 2nd, 2005 03:05 AM
Mudbug Well, Elvis is a good one to have!
April 2nd, 2005 08:22 AM
corgi37 Aww, fucking hell! The Beatles! The bloody Beatles! My life enemies number 1 with She loves you in U.K.

WTF? U.S. #1 - Fingertips (pt2) - "Little" Stevie Wonder.
April 2nd, 2005 08:26 AM
corgi37 And i looked up Exile under classic albums. I must have bought a dud copy. It says there are 43 songs!
April 3rd, 2005 11:13 AM
gustavobala 16 april 71

UK- hot love - t. rex
USA- joy to the world - three dogs night

i like
April 3rd, 2005 10:02 PM
stonedinaustralia interesting

according to that site

UK - Magic Moments - Perry Como

US - Catch a Falling Star - Perry Como

feeling somewhat depressed at this informatiom i tried to find what was No.1 down here at the time - according to an Aus. site which lists No.1s the results as follows:

Aus. - Catch a Falling Star - Perry Como

UK - Magic Moments - Perry Como

US - Tequila - The Champs

well the "Tequila" mitigates the horror to some degree - but blooody hell i suddenly feel very old

this is Perry Como:

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood