ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lets Celebrate Life! (ssc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 1st, 2005 09:12 AM
Factory Girl What do you do to celebrate Life? What do you do after you had a crappy day to kick ass? List up!

1. Live music!
2. Good Vodka!
3. Great family & friends!

April 1st, 2005 09:17 AM
glencar #3 is the best cure for a shitty day/week/month! Alcohol isn't too bad either.
April 1st, 2005 09:18 AM
J.J.Flash Reading Joeykins' stuff should be a remedy.....

Well.....after everything beating you all day... you sit in the couch with the guitar.... thinkin' you can mess up with the whole thing and turn your mood even worse, make the things even worse... for not being creative, for not being able to play anything on it properly, and then.....you succeeded played Keith's solo on You Got Me Rockin'.....that is heavenly........
April 1st, 2005 09:19 AM
glencar Gack! Any solo BUT that! Try Gimme Shelter or something that actually works!
April 1st, 2005 09:20 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
#3 is the best cure for a shitty day/week/month! Alcohol isn't too bad either.

Yeah Blue......but sometimes family can make you feel in deeper shit... you know....
April 1st, 2005 09:21 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gack! Any solo BUT that! Try Gimme Shelter or something that actually works!

Actually, playing the Rhythm part of Gimme Shelter similarly to Keith is enough....but the first guitar solo on You Got Me Rockin' (which is Keith) is magical.
April 1st, 2005 09:22 AM
Maxlugar Seeing Riffhard getting inducted into the Hall of Fame over at "The Couch".

Heaven.

Maxlugar - Owner/Operator www.maxlugar.com

April 1st, 2005 09:22 AM
FotiniD 1. Take long walks with good friends / family (the ones you DO love, not far off relatives).

2. Shoot movies with good friends / good family. My latest craze and favorite way to spend evenings. Write a good or bad story, take your own home camera, do the casting, pick a director and a director's assistant (among the friends and family, that is ) and you'll remember me. TONS of laughter.

[Edited by FotiniD]
April 1st, 2005 09:24 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Seeing Riffhard getting inducted into the Hall of Fame over at "The Couch".

Heaven.

Maxlugar - Owner/Operator www.maxlugar.com

Lugar......

I have a question for you. Should I PM you?

Don't worry, really simple.

Regards!
April 1st, 2005 09:27 AM
Factory Girl
[1 + 2]=3 more enjoyable!
April 1st, 2005 09:32 AM
Maxlugar [quote]J.J.Flash wrote:

Lugar......

Email me at [email protected]
April 1st, 2005 09:38 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]J.J.Flash wrote:

Lugar......

Email me at [email protected]

I thank you for your attention.
April 1st, 2005 09:43 AM
Ten Thousand Motels 1. A good nights sleep
2. morning nap
3. afternoon nap
4. after supper nap
5. beer
April 1st, 2005 09:44 AM
glencar Naps! are highly underrated. I took a nice 3 hour one yesterday afternoon & boy did I feel better.
April 1st, 2005 09:46 AM
J.J.Flash You both are acting like my father.....and as I said to Motsie.....always been fighting with my father because of his innocent naps on weekends........
April 1st, 2005 09:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
...always been fighting with my father because of his innocent naps on weekends........

Why fight it???

Most of my naps are short, about 20-30 minutes. I've almost got it down to a ritual now. Every night at six I put on Walker Texas Ranger...within ten minutes I'm asleep....then when Walker's over I get up. Walker scripts are so predictable and boring they act as a sedative.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
April 1st, 2005 10:02 AM
Factory Girl Factory Girl does not nap!
April 1st, 2005 10:04 AM
glencar I try not to nap but occasionally I have to get up at 4:30AM & ain't no way I can make it through the week w/o a nap at some point.
April 1st, 2005 10:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I try not to nap but occasionally I have to get up at 4:30AM & ain't no way I can make it through the week w/o a nap at some point.

Well that's the way it is wth me. I'm always up between 4-5 am sometimes even earlier. It's my favorite time of day actually.
April 1st, 2005 10:16 AM
Factory Girl Factory Girl does not condemn naps!
April 1st, 2005 10:17 AM
glencar LOL I used to get pissed when my Dad would take naps on Sunday afternoons. Now I understand.
April 1st, 2005 10:20 AM
J.J.Flash It's disturbing... when everybody around you is crazy about takin' naps......my girlfriend....she annoys me folks....you have no idea....
April 1st, 2005 10:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh I almost forgot.....@4ish in the morning the first sip on the first cup of coffee is BLISS....PURE NIRVANA. So I must add coffee to my list.
April 1st, 2005 10:22 AM
Factory Girl Factory Girl does not promote naps!
April 1st, 2005 10:23 AM
glencar Glenacr no like coffee.
April 1st, 2005 10:24 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
I try not to nap but occasionally I have to get up at 4:30AM & ain't no way I can make it through the week w/o a nap at some point.

Christ.....why so early Blue......

I really can't stay in the bed too late in the morning....even on weekends....I jump out of the bed at 07:00 at the most
April 1st, 2005 10:24 AM
Factory Girl A nice glass of vodka is nice "pick-me up"!
April 1st, 2005 10:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
A nice glass of vodka is nice "pick-me up"!

at 4 am??? I unually never crack the first beer until about 10 am.
April 1st, 2005 10:30 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

at 4 am??? I unually never crack the first beer until about 10 am.

Yep... neither I......

but Egon does......
April 1st, 2005 10:31 AM
Factory Girl 10K Motey-I don't get up at 4am. You're confusing me with yourself or maybe with G-car.

Vodka in your oj is most refreshing!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood