ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bobby Keys in Hal Ashby's LSTNT Return to archive
March 31st, 2005 11:14 PM
Mel Belli Well, I'll be ... I thought Mr. Keys missed the '81 U.S. tour entirely, and yet there he is on "Brown Sugar." What show is that clip taken from? Was that his only gig until '82?
March 31st, 2005 11:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl He just missed the first shows of the 1981 tour and joined at the Memorial Coliseum in Los Ángeles on October 9, 1981 then he played during the whole tour
April 1st, 2005 09:09 AM
glencar Did he ever play WITH Ernie Watts or did Watts get kicked off?
April 1st, 2005 09:11 AM
J.J.Flash How many gigs has Ernie played with them? Also I would like to know why Bobby wasn't at these gigs.

TIA
April 1st, 2005 09:17 AM
Gazza Bobby only guested at certain shows on the '81 tour, including the Meadowlands and Hampton shows that were filmed. Ernie Watts joined the tour from 7th October and played at the remaining shows on the '81 leg. Lee Allen did a few shows early on (Boulder and, I think, Rockford)

Keys and Gene Barge were the sax players on the European tour in '82.
April 1st, 2005 09:17 AM
glencar Who played the opener in Philly? I thought that was Ernie?
[Edited by glencar]
April 1st, 2005 09:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
How many gigs has Ernie played with them? Also I would like to know why Bobby wasn't at these gigs.

TIA

Bobby fucked up when he let the Stones down during the 1973 European tour (Munich I think) when he got too out of his head to play and missed a gig. The dropped him from the tour and for many years after that.
April 1st, 2005 09:20 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Who played the opener in Philly? I thought that was Ernie?
[Edited by glencar]

No one. They didnt have any sax players for either Philly show or the Buffalo concert that followed it.

Rockford was the first show on the tour to have a sax player (Lee Allen)
April 1st, 2005 09:35 AM
glencar ReallY? Someone played horns during WOAFriend but it's so long ago, now I'm not sure.
April 1st, 2005 10:27 AM
Mel Belli It's threads like these that make me really love this board ...
April 1st, 2005 10:29 AM
glencar Melli Belli it always comes back to the music.
April 1st, 2005 03:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bobby only guested at certain shows on the '81 tour, including the Meadowlands and Hampton shows that were filmed. Ernie Watts joined the tour from 7th October and played at the remaining shows on the '81 leg. Lee Allen did a few shows early on (Boulder and, I think, Rockford)

Keys and Gene Barge were the sax players on the European tour in '82.

I think we need to update this one: http://www.rocksoff.org/1981.htm
April 1st, 2005 04:17 PM
Gazza that, and a few others, capitano!
April 1st, 2005 04:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A public commitment: I will do all the changes you send once I finish the Nicky Hopkins space...

Now the commitment we need is: When I will finish Nicky's?? Well, since his birthday (2005) up to date I moved from 20% to 70% and I think this weekend I will finish and no later than the next one
April 2nd, 2005 08:02 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
ReallY? Someone played horns during WOAFriend but it's so long ago, now I'm not sure.

no they didnt - i have the AUD cassettes from t&a that i will be torrenting in the next few days, and ther is no sax on waiting on a friend (a nice "mona" the second night, though). also sbds that are an upgrade compared to the philly gig seeded here were recently torrented, and i pulled them both. but there is no sax either night, and yes, the two sources contain the exact same show. i think ronnie threw his wedding ring out in the audience...
April 2nd, 2005 11:10 PM
Mr Hess I was at the second Philly '81 show, but it was so long ago that I can't remember any sax player.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood