ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Could the press conference by on May 6th? Return to archive
March 31st, 2005 10:13 PM
Bob Tamp Just watched a video clip from New England Cable news off the Boston Globe web page. Although neither Boston City officials or the Red Sox are saying which artist will be playing Fenway, the news media all think its the Stones.
The clip also mentioned that a formal annoucement by the act playing Fenway is expected on May 6th.
We finally may hear about the new album, etc. Its about time.
March 31st, 2005 10:19 PM
Scot Rocks Not a good day in the UK for the annoucement, the results of the general election will be that day, if expected the election goes ahead on the 5th.
March 31st, 2005 11:11 PM
Soldatti Friday May 6?
Great weekend comming...
April 1st, 2005 03:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Not a good day in the UK for the annoucement, the results of the general election will be that day, if expected the election goes ahead on the 5th.

we can always watch the press conference live on Sky News interactive, just like in 2002!

Sky News have actually given extensive live coverage to the last two Stones tour press conferences

I remember 3 years ago posting that we were getting it broadcast live, yet it didn't appear to be live on TV in the US, which was weird!
April 1st, 2005 04:33 AM
IanBillen
Good tid-bit. If the Stones are indeed the act it seems that they do have something planned for that date if the sources are correct.

Ian
April 1st, 2005 08:17 AM
gimmekeef Regardless of the date it should be interesting to see how they announce.Traditionally they have done some major splash in NYC.That might be difficult this time as Fenway Park is in Boston and there is such a NYC-Boston rivalry...Plus they've kinda used all modes of transport in NYC getting to these press conference things.The pressures on though with U2 off and running strong and Springsteen with new album cut out now...so lets hope the guys can pull off kind of album (or parts of anyway)that will make the tour less of a nostalgia event.Course I'll be at as many shows as I can regardless!!!!!!!!!!!See you in Beantown!!!!
April 1st, 2005 08:20 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

we can always watch the press conference live on Sky News interactive, just like in 2002!

Sky News have actually given extensive live coverage to the last two Stones tour press conferences

I remember 3 years ago posting that we were getting it broadcast live, yet it didn't appear to be live on TV in the US, which was weird!

Rupert Murdoch can't be all bad, then, can he?
April 1st, 2005 08:53 AM
glencar In '97, VH1 gave the Stones great coverage. In '02, nada. Most of the 3 big cable newsers give a Stones PC passing coverage. I hope it's done in NY as I have zero intention of traveling to Bahstahn.
April 1st, 2005 09:04 AM
FotiniD Yeah, I think they have used all possible means of transportation there are to announce a tour. What next? Land on their own personal jet plane?! A submarine?!?!

I sure hope the conference will take place on a weekday so I can take good advantage of the office's adsl connection
April 1st, 2005 09:07 AM
glencar If it's Bahstahn they could just show up on the USS Constitution, if the Nat'l Parks Commision allowed it.
April 1st, 2005 09:10 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Yeah, I think they have used all possible means of transportation there are to announce a tour. What next? Land on their own personal jet plane?! A submarine?!?!

space station

Definitely

You heard it here first
April 1st, 2005 10:07 AM
glencar That's one that I'd have to miss!
April 1st, 2005 05:03 PM
Bob Tamp I read on Shidoobee that it's rumored that the press conference is at Fenway.
April 1st, 2005 05:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
Just watched a video clip from New England Cable news off the Boston Globe web page. Although neither Boston City officials or the Red Sox are saying which artist will be playing Fenway, the news media all think its the Stones.
The clip also mentioned that a formal annoucement by the act playing Fenway is expected on May 6th.
We finally may hear about the new album, etc. Its about time.

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis !!
April 1st, 2005 05:16 PM
Bizarro JB It's Coming III

April 1st, 2005 05:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
In '97, VH1 gave the Stones great coverage. In '02, nada. Most of the 3 big cable newsers give a Stones PC passing coverage. I hope it's done in NY as I have zero intention of traveling to Bahstahn.

These announcement don't get much attention here, maybe a 3 sec. newsclip on some showbizz-news show. If there's no other big news it may be on national tv news. But May 5th we celebrate Liberation Day (WWII) and May 6th is the day a controversial Dutch politician was murdered 3 years ago, so they'll probably be more interested in reviewing the Liberation pop festivals and in looking back and interviewing the politician followers on memorials 'n stuff, I just know it, fat chance . The Stones don't get much coverage until close to the dates they're playing in Holland.
April 1st, 2005 05:27 PM
Joey :

" .......... newsclip on some showbizz-news show. If there's no other big news it may be on national tv news. But May 5th we celebrate Liberation Day (WWII) ... The Stones don't get much coverage until close to the dates they're playing in Holland. "

AngieGirl .............................................

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me nipples ..................and YOU ?!?!

[ Edited by BJB ]
[Edited by Joey]
April 1st, 2005 05:36 PM
Angiegirl Well, I was actually reading your post with my nipples. All 6 of 'em.
April 1st, 2005 05:50 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Well, I was actually reading your post with my nipples. All 6 of 'em.

You make Joey giggle

..............have a great weekend Angiegirl !!!!!
April 1st, 2005 08:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
In '97, VH1 gave the Stones great coverage. In '02, nada. Most of the 3 big cable newsers give a Stones PC passing coverage.

I saw a minute coverage on CNN international back then and more than 2 minutes coverage on CNN is spanish.
I think that CNN international is the same worldwide.
April 2nd, 2005 03:10 AM
IanBillen [quote]FotiniD wrote:
Yeah, I think they have used all possible means of transportation there are to announce a tour. What next? Land on their own personal jet plane?! A submarine?!?!

I'm thinking they will jump out of a plane with parachutes all dressed in camo. Except Charlie will be in his usual jazz atire.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
April 2nd, 2005 08:12 PM
glencar May 6th actually seems very early to announce a tour that won't start until late in August.
April 2nd, 2005 08:21 PM
Gazza last tour announcement was May 7th 2002

Tour began officially 3rd September

The earlier its announced, the more interest they make on ticket sales. Think of it that way.

It seems a bit different in the US than Europe. Sometimes our big summer tours are announced prior to the preceding Christmas, including the Stones ones
April 2nd, 2005 08:25 PM
glencar LOL Tough drive tonight! I should have remembered as I was actually there. I just really hope they do it in NY again. Or Philly. I could make it there.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood