ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oasis' new single rips off SFM Return to archive
March 31st, 2005 10:44 AM
headshrinker I don't really care coz i love both bands but oasis's new single "Lyla", that was leaked on tuesday blatently rips off Street fighting man.

i imagine you'll all be really pissed off when u hear it but u wont be able to deny its quality. it has a really catchy chorus. at least you'll have another reason to have a go at them. its released to the radio stations next weak.
March 31st, 2005 10:49 AM
Joey
quote:
headshrinker wrote:
I don't really care coz i love both bands but oasis's new single "Lyla", that was leaked on tuesday blatently rips off Street fighting man.

i imagine you'll all be really pissed off when u hear it but u wont be able to deny its quality. it has a really catchy chorus. at least you'll have another reason to have a go at them. its released to the radio stations next weak.

Oasis Sucks !!! ... Period !

Only the Great British Bands CONQUER America !!!!!

http://www.kathyszaksite.com/oasis20053.html
March 31st, 2005 11:08 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:

Oasis Sucks !!! ... Period !

Only the Great British Bands CONQUER America !!!!!

http://www.kathyszaksite.com/oasis20053.html

AMEN little fella, amen......

I can't stand their posture, pretending not to give a shit for the Stones efforts to the entire history of Rock'n'Roll.......
March 31st, 2005 11:18 AM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

AMEN little fella, amen......

I can't stand their posture, pretending not to give a shit for the Stones efforts to the entire history of Rock'n'Roll.......

J.J. Flash ................

You are a very wise man .

Joey !
March 31st, 2005 01:51 PM
gimmekeef May Oasis always be..."Turds on the Run".....
March 31st, 2005 02:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
headshrinker wrote:
I don't really care coz i love both bands but oasis's new single "Lyla", that was leaked on tuesday blatently rips off Street fighting man.

why are you so paranoid so often? if they're going to 'rip off' anyone, why not the best? The Stones ripped other artists off for years too (although they ended up with a sound of their own admittedly) why should we be 'pissed off'? If its good, thats all that matters
March 31st, 2005 02:32 PM
lotsajizz Oasis rocks. In this day and Age, not many do.
March 31st, 2005 03:05 PM
Gazza For all their faults, that ain't one of them. Strip away the hype (and I personally find their internal soap opera funny as hell), they're a bloody good rock 'n' roll band, if not as great as they could have been.

[Edited by Gazza]
March 31st, 2005 03:28 PM
doo doo doo Dude Oa-ASS!!

Bunch of poofs
March 31st, 2005 03:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
headshrinker wrote:

Just downloaded it on Warez (seems to be taken from a Spanish radio broadcast). I see what you mean about the Stones link, but more so with the phrasing and opening line of each verse more than anything else. Not bad on first listen (not as great as Hindu Times tho) - probably a grower
March 31st, 2005 04:17 PM
Irresistible-Lady Oasis sucks..they better go play golf..
March 31st, 2005 05:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Irresistible-Lady wrote:
Oasis sucks..they better go play golf..

Irresistible - Lady ......................

I would like to nuzzle you .

March 31st, 2005 06:34 PM
gotdablouse Wow, yes total rip-off, these guys have no shame, at least 10 years ago they didn't have the nerve to put that Stevie Wonder rip-off (Step Out ?) on their CD, now they have one as a single !
March 31st, 2005 07:00 PM
Poplar
quote:
Irresistible-Lady wrote:
Oasis sucks..they better go play golf..

what's wrong with golf? and i get the first nuzzle.
March 31st, 2005 09:31 PM
Soldatti The song is ok, a little "glam" IMO.
March 31st, 2005 10:20 PM
Zack I for one am looking forward to it, ripoff or no. I prefer they cop more obscure riffs like Gary Glitter, but whatever. Didn't they actually cover SFM on a b-side a few years back? I remember reading Noel said he loved the line "my name is called disturbance."

I will agree with Joey in principle that the Who certainly deserve Zak more than these guys, and it is irksome their new project is delayed as a result of this. Noel fired his good drummer, while the Who's drum situation is of course borderline Spinal Tap-esque.
March 31st, 2005 10:21 PM
Zack By the way I presume the chorus goes:

"Lyla, you got me on my knees, Lyla I'm begging darling please."
March 31st, 2005 10:53 PM
glencar I'd like to see more people ripping off the Stones, quite frankly.
March 31st, 2005 11:13 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd like to see more people ripping off the Stones, quite frankly.

But not the rappers!
April 1st, 2005 03:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:
I for one am looking forward to it, ripoff or no. I prefer they cop more obscure riffs like Gary Glitter, but whatever. Didn't they actually cover SFM on a b-side a few years back? I remember reading Noel said he loved the line "my name is called disturbance."

They did indeed. Excellent version, too
April 1st, 2005 05:24 AM
headshrinker
quote:
Zack wrote:
Didn't they actually cover SFM on a b-side a few years back? I remember reading Noel said he loved the line "my name is called disturbance."

I will agree with Joey in principle that the Who certainly deserve Zak more than these guys

Yeah, i think their version beats the stones album version. but obviously nothing could beat the stones doing it live.

Ha, we'll let Zak be the judge of "who" deserves him more, and i think he chose wisely both for himself and for music in general.
April 1st, 2005 05:46 AM
exile Oasis...What a bunch of un-entertaining WANKERS

I thought (or wished) they had fucked off for GOOD!
April 1st, 2005 02:26 PM
Joey
quote:
exile wrote:
Oasis...What a bunch of un-entertaining WANKERS

I thought (or wished) they had fucked off for GOOD!

Exile .................................

I would like to caress your kneecaps !
April 1st, 2005 06:14 PM
gotdablouse Listened to it again today, not that bad, in fact we would probably be pretty happy if the Stones came up with material like this for their next LP, fat chance of course.
April 1st, 2005 06:36 PM
Back Street Girl Oasis suck big time
April 1st, 2005 08:29 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Listened to it again today, not that bad, in fact we would probably be pretty happy if the Stones came up with material like this for their next LP, fat chance of course.

I will be happy with half of the new Stones album with that sound, of course we are dreaming.
April 2nd, 2005 08:39 AM
gotdablouse Sound, yes, that's where the Stones have been letting us down lately, which reminds me of a post by Gazza who couldn't think of a good reason why the tone was just "off" on the Licks tour with the best available guitar/equipment, etc...on hand.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood