ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sucking in the 70's remix? Return to archive
March 31st, 2005 09:43 AM
Jair I've pasted the track listings below from amazon.com.
What do you hell means the word "remix" in some songs?
Acording Amazon, the album will be released April 5.

1. Shattered
2. Everything Is Turning to Gold
3. Hot Stuff [Remix][Mix]
4. Time Waits for No One
5. Fool to Cry [Remix][Mix]
6. Mannish Boy [Remix][Mix]
7. When the Whip Comes Down [Live]
8. If I Was a Dancer [#]
9. Crazy Mama [Remix][Mix]
10. Beast of Burden [Short Version][Version]

March 31st, 2005 09:59 AM
ResidentMule I don't know about all of them but aren't Hot Stuff and Fool To Cry edited versions? maybe I'm just thnking of Jump Back - but I don't think Sucking In The 70's had the entire original version of Hot Stuff. 'remix' is probably a misnomer, I doubt amazon knows what they're talking about
March 31st, 2005 10:49 AM
Madafaka Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007P78RQ/qid=1112284141/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-3757466-3327009?v=glance&s=music
March 31st, 2005 09:14 PM
Soldatti It's out in Argentina now (MITS too)
March 31st, 2005 09:18 PM
Bob Tamp On the original Sucking, Hot Stuff, TWFNO, Fool to Cry, Mannish Boy, Whip, Crazy Mama, and Beast all had edits.
Im sure its the same old cd that we had before.
March 31st, 2005 10:37 PM
Madafaka Yes, I saw it on Mercado Libre too.
April 1st, 2005 07:31 AM
Gazza Bought it today as I didnt previously own it on CD (I'll skip on Made In the Shade as I have the CBS version on CD and there'e nothing on it that isnt on the Virgin remastered versions of the original albums).

I wasn't crazy about all the edits on the original SITS, but I have to say :

"Everything Is Turning to Gold" absolutely LEAPS out at you on this new version of "Suckin'".

Schmo-kin'!

'Let the love juice start to flow'
[Edited by Gazza]
April 1st, 2005 07:39 AM
Madafaka I have both of them on cd from Rolling Stones Records, but those are still sealed.
I will buy these ones to hear them frequently!
April 1st, 2005 07:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
On the original Sucking, Hot Stuff, TWFNO, Fool to Cry, Mannish Boy, Whip, Crazy Mama, and Beast all had edits.
Im sure its the same old cd that we had before.

exactly the same. Just remastered. Same with MITS.

April 1st, 2005 08:20 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bought it today as I didnt previously own it on CD (I'll skip on Made In the Shade as I have the CBS version on CD and there'e nothing on it that isnt on the Virgin remastered versions of the original albums).

I wasn't crazy about all the edits on the original SITS, but I have to say:

"Everything Is Turning to Gold" absolutely LEAPS out at you on this new version of "Suckin'".

Same sentiment, here. I bought SITS and enjoyed a lot EITTG and Time Waits For No One. It's on the CD player right now. Good remaster too. But nothing on the box or jacket about remixes, so I take the tracks on the CD are not.

"If you want to dance we'll bring on the piano so you can! Ooooh, yeah!"
April 1st, 2005 08:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
"If you want to dance we'll bring on the piano so you can! Ooooh, yeah!"

I always thought it sounded like "if you want to dance with Billy on the piano, you can". It's easy to mis-hear, though.

For what I said earlier about"Everything is turning to gold", the same applies to "If I Was A Dancer".

Imagine those two back-to-back at a sweaty club show.
April 1st, 2005 08:44 AM
egon but...........................,

Does it feature a remix of "don't stop"?

Does it?!
April 1st, 2005 08:50 AM
glencar I agree with Gazza about Mick's between-song patter. I already own both Cd's so I might buy one just to see if it sounds better than the older copy. I remember when SITS came out: it was an unheralded odds & sods kind of thing.
April 1st, 2005 01:27 PM
Jair SITS, MITS and Rewind are out of print in Brasil for ten years or so. When they came out I bought all of them and I will buy again, if the recordings quality are good.

Actually I have several different editions of the many Stones albuns because these remasters, SACD, etc etc etc, which means I'm paying several times for the same product...

My mama says to me I'm nuts, but certainly she don't understand nothing about to be a Stones fan

April 1st, 2005 02:38 PM
Flairville Bought SITS today. Only got it for the rare songs. If anyone's in the UK both new releases are on offer at Virgin megastores. 3 discs for £20 or 5 for £30.
April 1st, 2005 05:46 PM
Navin SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES

1. "Shattered III" - (3:46)
2. "Everything Is Turning To Gold II" - (4:06) (Jagger/Richards/Wood)
3. "Hot Stuff IV" - (3:26)
4. "Time Waits For No One II" - (4:25)
5. "Fool To Cry IV" - (4:07)
6. "Manish Boy (2, Live)" - (4:39) (Mc Kinley Morganfield)
7. "When The Whip Comes Down (Live)" - (4:25)
8. "Dance (If I was A Dancer) IV" - (5:51) (Jagger/Richards/Wood)
9. "Crazy Mama IV" - (4:06)
10. "Beast Of Burdon IV" - (3:20)

© 1981, 1986 CBS music - (42:20)
CBS, CDCBS 450205 2
This CD is based on the original LP from April 1981
April 1st, 2005 08:18 PM
Soldatti I will buy SITS tomorrow.
April 1st, 2005 11:27 PM
Madafaka Just bought it!
Lets see what happen... I'll tell you tomorrow.
[Edited by Madafaka]
April 1st, 2005 11:53 PM
BILL PERKS WILL BUY IT FOR "GOLD" ALONE
April 3rd, 2005 10:57 PM
Soldatti I bought it.
Great mix and remaster, I love the new sound on EITTG (fresh), the congas on TWFNO are up in the mix and the live version of WTWCD got great new mix too.
April 4th, 2005 12:35 AM
Madafaka Great cd. I like it very much!
April 4th, 2005 01:04 AM
rogerriffin I just have to ordered at cduniverse.com!!!!!!!!!

i never get the cbs/rollingstones records cd of sucking, this time just have to ordered with Family Jewels AC/DC new 2dvd set!!!!!!!

Everything is turning to gold!
April 4th, 2005 01:34 AM
Madafaka I'll be waiting your AC/DC dvd set review!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood