ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones & Jimmy Miller Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 1st, 2005 07:33 AM
justforyou Strung out ?
I think he looks cool!
April 1st, 2005 01:15 PM
doo doo doo Dude I wonder how far along he was in his swastika carving in that pic.

April 1st, 2005 02:20 PM
VanishByDawn Is it true that the line 'I was standing in line with Mr Jimmy' in YGAGWYW, is THE Jimmy Miller?
April 1st, 2005 02:21 PM
VanishByDawn
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
I wonder how far along he was in his swastika carving in that pic.

LOL! I wonder where it is?
April 1st, 2005 02:50 PM
jpenn11
quote:
VanishByDawn wrote:
Is it true that the line 'I was standing in line with Mr Jimmy' in YGAGWYW, is THE Jimmy Miller?

Apparently, when Miller thought a song was not good enough, he would use the word "dead". Hence, the line in YCAGWYW.
April 1st, 2005 03:19 PM
VanishByDawn okay... I was standing in line with Mr Jimmy and he said one word to me and that was dead.. and I said - YCAGWYW
April 1st, 2005 03:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Sorry but we think it's necessary to change the header... you know why?

This was the header, the image was posted on page 1 of this thread, here again in page 2 for credits and dates:

Goats Head Soup Sessions
© 1973 David Bailey
April 1st, 2005 05:45 PM
Saint Sway I know that he worked with Primal Scream, but did he work with any other acts after the Stones?

not too many people know this but The Black Crowes attempted to record with him after the 1st record. Key word here is "attempted". As Jimmy was just too messed up with to be anywhere near productive.
April 1st, 2005 06:12 PM
gotdablouse Looks like he'd lost a bit of weight in that last pic !
"Messed up", meaning ? He was on drugs, booze, both ? Or just couldn't focus anymore...not unlike someone we know well these days :-(
April 1st, 2005 06:57 PM
Soldatti That last pic is on the GHS CD too.
April 1st, 2005 07:13 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

Apparently, when Miller thought a song was not good enough, he would use the word "dead". Hence, the line in YCAGWYW.

didnt know that - thanks for the info...
April 1st, 2005 07:25 PM
kath i've argued that "ycagwyw" point for a long time...a lot of people have thought it was charlie...but as i recall, he was having a baby when that was being recorded....
April 1st, 2005 10:47 PM
jpenn11
quote:
kath wrote:
i've argued that "ycagwyw" point for a long time...a lot of people have thought it was charlie...but as i recall, he was having a baby when that was being recorded....

"Charlie" was having a baby?

I actually met Mr Miller around 1980. He claimed Mick said the song was dragging so Miller came up with this jazz beat to spice it up. He said Charlie couldn't quite get it so Miller played it himself. The next day Charlie came in and played it perfectly, but they didn't bother to re-record it with Charlie.

He also said they expected a handful of the opera chorus members to show up for the song, but so many showed up, they couldn't fit all of them into the studio and recorded them in parts.

However plastered he may have been at the time, he was really nice, freely discussed his time with the Stones and seemed to have no memory loss for _important_ stuff.

The only thing that I recall he mentioned that I've seen contradicted--and I have not read many of the books--is that Miller took credit for the woo woos in SFTD. I think Marianne or Anita took credit as well. Miller said he just started "woohing" at the console and they decided to record it with a bunch of them singing it.

Incidentally, he did not mention the "dead" story to me. I've just read that enough times and may even have been in an interview with MJ or KR.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood