ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1967 TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: who else like Stones? Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 14th, 2005 01:42 PM
Jair Anyone in your home also likes Rolling Stones? And which other groups?

My wife like Stones a lot. She started to like after first to met me. But she also likes Strokes and braziliam stuff, ie, Tom Jobim, Chico Buarque, Caetano Veloso, Marisa Monte, Gal Costa, Maria Rita...

My kid, 21 yrs old, doesn't like Stones, he rather electronic stuff and American rap - 50 Cent, Dr Dre (of course), Snoopy Dogg, Moby Deep, etc...

Even my mama, which is 61, like Stones more than my boy. Once she went to São Paulo and when she back here she brought me a Stones vinyl (No Stone Unturned).
Crazy Mama!

[Edited by Jair]
March 14th, 2005 01:43 PM
glencar Everyone I know likes them to some extent.
March 14th, 2005 01:58 PM
Irresistible-Lady only me likes the stones..my parents are fan from the dire straits..i like them to but not that much as the stones..
March 14th, 2005 02:00 PM
magicwoman my father loved the stones.Unfortunately he passed away three months ago .He was a stones fan
My mother likes them but is not a fan.My brother likes them to but he likes other bands to.My sister thinks the are more the rolling dinosaurs :S she is a lenny kravitz fan
[Edited by magicwoman]
March 14th, 2005 03:28 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
Jair wrote:
Anyone in your home also likes Rolling Stones? And which other groups?

My wife like Stones a lot. She started to like after first to met me. But she also likes Strokes and braziliam stuff, ie, Tom Jobim, Chico Buarque, Caetano Veloso, Marisa Monte, Gal Costa, Maria Rita...

My kid, 21 yrs old, doesn't like Stones, he rather electronic stuff and American rap - 50 Cent, Dr Dre (of course), Snoopy Dogg, Moby Deep, etc...

Even my mama, which is 61, like Stones more than my boy. Once she went to São Paulo and when she back here she brought me a Stones vinyl (No Stone Unturned).
Crazy Mama!

[Edited by Jair]

O seu filho precisa uma lobotomia!
March 14th, 2005 03:52 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:

Just a simple question dear Peça Rara, where are you from? Your portuguese is actually PERFECT.

BEst regards!
March 14th, 2005 03:54 PM
Jair
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:

Eu concordo 100 por cento, Barney Fife.
Oi, como vão as coisas por aí?
Gostei que você mandou Joey tomar no cu outro dia.
Pena que ele não entendeu nada.
Né Joey????

Um grande abraço, Barney.
Vou dar o recado a meu filho.

March 14th, 2005 03:57 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i made everyone i know fall in love with the stones.
March 14th, 2005 04:00 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:

Eu concordo 100 por cento, Barney Fife.
Oi, como vão as coisas por aí?
Gostei que você mandou Joey tomar no cu outro dia.
Pena que ele não entendeu nada.
Né Joey????

Um grande abraço, Barney.
Vou dar o recado a meu filho.

Jair, você tinha que conhecer o cara melhor, te juro que o cara é cem por cento. Eu antes o mal compreendia, mas hoje vejo que é um puta de um cara, you bet. Trust me gaucho!
March 14th, 2005 04:23 PM
Madafaka Sadly, my mother is a Beatles fan
BTW, thank you for the portuguese lesson!
March 14th, 2005 05:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jair wrote:

I killed all of the members in my family who didnt like the Stones and buried them together in a mass grave

If they dont "get it", I simply have no use for them and their presence on this earth is completely pointless
March 14th, 2005 06:02 PM
MrPleasant My father loves classical music. My sisters don't care a lot about music, neither does my mother.

It's just me, through the lonely nights. But I guess it's ultimately that way, no matter how many souls sympathize with your needs.
March 14th, 2005 07:22 PM
HellsRollingThunder Speaking of Portugese, Suki Potier was supposedly from
Portugal. Does anyone know where her and her husband's fatal
car accident was? And where she was cremated or buried?
Was the date of the accident kn 1979 or when if this is not correct?
Thanks for any information.
March 14th, 2005 08:36 PM
Soldatti All my family likes the Stones, except my father that is more a Beatles fan.
March 15th, 2005 07:32 AM
Jair
quote:
HellsRollingThunder wrote:
Speaking of Portugese, Suki Potier was supposedly from
Portugal. Does anyone know where her and her husband's fatal
car accident was? And where she was cremated or buried?
Was the date of the accident kn 1979 or when if this is not correct?
Thanks for any information.

you can try
http://www.uncut.co.uk/film/the_rolling_stones/special_features/414
Its all that I know. Btw, I'm not from Portugal, I'm from Brasil, as JJ Flash. We also speak Portuguese here.

[Edited by Jair]
March 15th, 2005 08:17 AM
Irresistible-Lady damn i don't understand a thing..from the portugees..
March 15th, 2005 09:29 AM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Jair, você tinha que conhecer o cara melhor, te juro que o cara é cem por cento. Eu antes o mal compreendia, mas hoje vejo que é um puta de um cara, you bet. Trust me gaucho!

Ok, muito obrigado pelo toque, JJF. De qualquer modo não fui eu que o mandou...você sabe onde. Eu tenho procurado viver em paz com todo mundo.
Peace & love, JJF!!!
March 15th, 2005 12:57 PM
CraigP Me, my whole family except the elders, ALL of my friends, most of my enemies also... Basically the whole Boston area.
March 15th, 2005 06:04 PM
69 Chevy I got into the Stones when I discovered my parents Aftermath album around 1970. My sister's bedroom walls were covered with RS pictures when she was a kid. When the band hits the road everyone I know(family and friends) goes to the shows. We have pre-show and post show parties. It is not just a concert it is an event! I only know one person that hates them. He is a KISS fan.
March 16th, 2005 08:09 AM
Jair
quote:
CraigP wrote:
Me, my whole family except the elders, ALL of my friends, most of my enemies also... Basically the whole Boston area.

Oh yeah, the same here. Basicaly the whole Brasil, about 160 million of people
March 16th, 2005 09:02 AM
Irina [quote]Jair wrote:

Good question
As for my family and friends - everyone likes them -
somebody more - somebody less - I can't say that everyone
I know is an ardent fan of Stones, but
everyone I know has a profound respect for them !
March 16th, 2005 09:34 AM
Irresistible-Lady The most people i know also respect them,but one guy i know he hates them he said..but he is a looser..
March 16th, 2005 09:39 AM
Jair
quote:
Irresistible-Lady wrote:
The most people i know also respect them,but one guy i know he hates them he said..but he is a looser..

Yes, to hate the Stones he's got to be a looser, indeed. They are winners in any sense.
March 16th, 2005 06:42 PM
Carol Sigmaringa Hi Jair!

I'm from Brazil too. Here, in my house, my mother like The Stones but she doesn't love them like me!!! Her favourite songs are Miss You and Angie...
I just found this forum and I'm lovin it!!Is good to know some other fans like me. I hope to make some friends...

Carol
March 17th, 2005 12:36 AM
Make It Funky Er... yeah, no one digs the Stones in my house. My parents are more Beatles fans. Quips like "dude, we heard Jumpin Jack Flash in the sixties man. Get over it. Can we not listen to something more relaxing? Like Alan Jackson? Celine Dion? Phil Collins perhaps? How about Nelly Furtado?" This ofcourse is coming from my aging baby boomer parents. I have got them hooked on Q107 though.. and they are all too happy to play Riffer Madness along with me. haha

I ofcourse have to play them Star Star and Neighbors every now and again to let them know who's payin the cost to be the boss. ;-)

cheers. Great topic! :-)
March 17th, 2005 09:04 AM
Jair
quote:
Carol Sigmaringa wrote:
Hi Jair!

I'm from Brazil too. Here, in my house, my mother like The Stones but she doesn't love them like me!!! Her favourite songs are Miss You and Angie...
I just found this forum and I'm lovin it!!Is good to know some other fans like me. I hope to make some friends...

Carol

Hi Carol, where are you from?
I am from Caxias do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul.
Glad to find you here.
Besides me, there're more three or four Brazilians here.
Let's keep in touch!
Jair

[Edited by Jair]
March 17th, 2005 02:56 PM
Carol Sigmaringa Brazil is everywhere, it's amazing!
I'm from Rio de Janeiro...

Carol
March 17th, 2005 03:09 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Carol Sigmaringa wrote:
Hi Jair!

Carol

Come to Jay Jay! You already have one Carol!

Estou no interior de São Paulo, countryside of São Paulo state. Before São José do Rio Preto, I was living in my beloved São Paulo, that monster metropolis.... actually, the 3rd biggest or so......

Welcome aboard!
March 17th, 2005 11:01 PM
Bruno Stone Cheio de brasileiro aqui.... sou de Fortaleza, Ceará. Cumprimentos a todos os meus colegas!

My parents have sympathy to the Stones, my father likes Angie a lot...

Everytime i`m watching some Stones stuff my mother talks some lines like `` This is the one who almost died here, isn`t?`` ( Reffering to Ronnie and his boat acident in Rio, 98, during BTB ) or `` Wow this Mick Jagger has a lot of energy, he doesn`t stop`` or `` This is the more NORMAL of them `` reffering to CHARLIE arearearea LOL
March 18th, 2005 01:30 PM
Carol Sigmaringa Que legal vocês responderem,valeu J J e Bruno!!!

Well, my mother just knows Mick Jagger...She is allways telling that Keith looks like an old pervert who stays in a dark corner waiting for little girls...hahahahahaha...

Carol
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood