ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nasty Band Breakups Return to archive
3rd April 2008 09:01 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Scott Weiland leaving Velevet Revolver seems to be pretty acrimonious. Of course the Beatles breakup was pretty nasty but thats an old story. But there's still this on going hostility beween some Brian Jones fans and some other posters. So the reverberations of Brian being thrown out of the band (if thats the version one subscribes to.) are still felt.
3rd April 2008 10:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Of course not really a band breakup per se...but that Goddam Gail Collins put an end to Mountain real quick.
3rd April 2008 12:24 PM
zooeyglass Roger Waters and Pink Floyd come to mind and that lawsuit about using the name in the 1980s. Twasn't pretty to be sure.
3rd April 2008 12:26 PM
zooeyglass Again, not really a "break up" I guess since Gilmour Floyd went on, but still a bitter parting of the ways.
[Edited by zooeyglass]
3rd April 2008 12:40 PM
Dan L.A. Guns - with 2 different versions currently on the road and vocalist Phil Lewis sending threatening messages to fans of the other band in addition to whatever back and forth sniping in any public forum in which they can still get a voice.

Dokken - band members suing Don Dokken saying he can't use the Dokken name because people would identify the sounds with the musicians who made them.

3rd April 2008 12:56 PM
Some Guy
3rd April 2008 01:28 PM
Sioux
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Of course not really a band breakup per se...but that Goddam Gail Collins put an end to Mountain real quick.

That was horrible...
3rd April 2008 01:29 PM
JoneseygirlU.K. Drugs,egos and women.They can make or break any good band. Guns and Roses'split wasn't too friendly either..what with Axl Rose's unpredictable behaviour and Slash's drinking.They were going to be the new Stones and look what happened to 'em. In fact,the Stones' split with Brian was a much more civilised affair (Despite what he claims, I don't believe Keith actually said 'You're fired,cock' to Brian.He's not that heartless)than that of other bands.What made it look bad was that Brian died pretty much straight after.It's a shame that there is still some resentment between some Brian fans and other Stones fans although I haven't noticed it recently-certainly not on the Brian Rocks Off thread.I looked at some archives around 2005 and it was terrible.One guy wondered why Brian was being talked about and not Tupac Shakur.On a Rolling Stones message board.On a Brian Jones thread.WTF?
3rd April 2008 01:35 PM
Sioux I agree, Joneseygirl. I'm not sure what exactly went down when Mick & Keith & Charlie visited Brian that last time. But whether it was their idea to end it then, or Brian's, I don't think Brian would have stayed with them much longer anyway, as I think his musical interests really HAD changed from the direction the band was going. And I don't think he would have been comfortable or even much interested in the rock/stadium era the Stones were beginning to enter anyway. I think he would have gone a different direction entirely, musically, had he lived.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)